Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a dark grey w/ black interior awd pro. Ordered in March 2022 than I had to change to a 23 no problem. My order locked in July. Delivery says Oct-Nov. that's not happening. My theory is since I didn't order an S while I should still be my original queue spot. I can't find one awd pro anywhere for sale. Are they kicking all those that upgraded to the awd pro s first? You can find plenty of S versions coming in and taking delivery. Thank you for reading.

·
8 Posts
If it makes you feel better, same timeline as you here, and I have been assuming that to be the case as well. Pretty sure that each configuration has its own line, and that’s what we are waiting in.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
529 Posts
When I read the thread title I thought you were going to recite the dinosaur sketch by Monty Python ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: Huey52

·
200 Posts
I’m convinced they prioritize batches of higher profitability cars to meet upcoming earnings. Then they’ll occasionally make room for the lower trims
That's only true to some extent. If that were the case, I would have expected the top trim (AWD Pro S Plus) to be rolling off the line first. Since some of the parts for the Plus trim is reportedly not available, the effort has been churning out the next most profitable ones, which would be AWD Pro S.

GR

·
921 Posts
So far they have just produced 2023 Pro S AWD in Grey, Black and Red colors with Black interior from Chattanooga and recently started delivering same model with white interor as well. So if you don't have that combination, there is no chance you will get your car any time soon.

They normally produce cars in batches with Top end models more frequently so chances of getting car sooner is with higher end models. Currently they are not producing Pro S plus AWD models just because of parts shortages, they are having issues in getting 360 Cameras and foldable mirrors, they even removed premium sound for all 2023 models and reduced cost by about couple of Hundred dollars.

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
5,149 Posts
I'd be more likely to believe it's an inventory management strategy.

There are plenty of remaining 2022 models yet to sell, so why inject lower pricepoint RWD '23 trims that will end up directly competing with the leftover inventory? It may result in VW needing to offer a greater number of incentives to clear the pipeline, so to speak.

·
Super Moderator
5,516 Posts
Given the Just in Sequence (JIS) assembly line methodology they can build any model variant at any time. The JIS system was instituted for many reasons to include relieving some line [human-] worker repetitive boredom.

So I would presume as @Nai3t that it's rather a marketing/inventory management strategy.

But if you mean discrete ordering queue line by variant then yes that's likely, again given a marketing strategy.

Of course it could also be production control adjusting the schedule given Just in Time (JIT) vendor part/subassembly availability. One never knows these days what part shortages may suddenly arise.
If it makes you feel better, same timeline as you here, and I have been assuming that to be the case as well. Pretty sure that each configuration has its own line, and that’s what we are waiting in.

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
5,149 Posts
Yes, recall in Chattanooga we've seen photos of the Atlas sharing the assembly line with the ID.4, and in Zwickau the ID.3 and Q4 etron roll along together. Chances of an actual logistical problem preventing RWD from being assembled seems pretty slim, though I suppose not impossible.

·
Super Moderator
5,516 Posts
Not so long ago there were suddenly few wiring harness .... So not impossible.
Yes, recall in Chattanooga we've seen photos of the Atlas sharing the assembly line with the ID.4, and in Zwickau the ID.3 and Q4 etron roll along together. Chances of an actual logistical problem preventing RWD from being assembled seems pretty slim, though I suppose not impossible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts