Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very annoying. I ordered a long time ago, but decided not to move to the next step until I had done a test drive. So I waited months -- and of course they canceled my order within days of my test drive. I guess it's my fault -- they had emailed me back in March warning about the 60 day deadline. But there was no reminder in the ensuring 60 days, so I forgot all about it. It would have been nice to get a final reminder at some point closer to the deadline.

Anyway, it's technically my fault but still very annoying. I called customer service to have them reinstate the order. They said they can't do that. I have to re-order and I guess that means going to the back of the line. And I can't seem to re-order because my cancelation has been pending for 10+ days (not sure why it takes so long) and apparently I'm in some sort of limbo. When I log in there is no place to order.

The most frustrating thing: I finally had the test drive and really like the car even more than I expected. Uggh.

·
405 Posts
Very annoying. I ordered a long time ago, but decided not to move to the next step until I had done a test drive. So I waited months -- and of course they canceled my order within days of my test drive. I guess it's my fault -- they had emailed me back in March warning about the 60 day deadline. But there was no reminder in the ensuring 60 days, so I forgot all about it. It would have been nice to get a final reminder at some point closer to the deadline.

Anyway, it's technically my fault but still very annoying. I called customer service to have them reinstate the order. They said they can't do that. I have to re-order and I guess that means going to the back of the line. And I can't seem to re-order because my cancelation has been pending for 10+ days (not sure why it takes so long) and apparently I'm in some sort of limbo. When I log in there is no place to order.

The most frustrating thing: I finally had the test drive and really like the car even more than I expected. Uggh.
I canceled my order about a week before it would have been to the dealer because of dealer shenanigans. Then went to another dealer and bought a 1st edition off the showroom floor. Very nice car. So you are Planet of the Apes fan?

·
267 Posts

60 day deadline for which step? Once the car arrives at the dealer you have 5 days to make a decision and if you don’t do anything they can move on to another buyer.

·
10 Posts

If it makes you feel any better my dealer is getting cars in for direct purchase. Last week they contacted me to say they got 3 pro s for imediate purchase ( i want a pro) this Friday they emails me saying they got 12 new cars for immediate purchases including pro. Headed down to tomorrow to see if they still have the color I want. My reservation is locked pending build for last 3 weeks.

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
60 day deadline for which step? Once the car arrives at the dealer you have 5 days to make a decision and if you don’t do anything they can move on to another buyer.
It was the step where you pay an additional $400 or $500. I had plenty of opportunity, so I'm not blaming them. I just wish I had gotten one more reminder much closer to when it finally was about to be officially canceled -- rather than 60 (two months) prior.

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it makes you feel any better my dealer is getting cars in for direct purchase. Last week they contacted me to say they got 3 pro s for imediate purchase ( i want a pro) this Friday they emails me saying they got 12 new cars for immediate purchases including pro. Headed down to tomorrow to see if they still have the color I want. My reservation is locked pending build for last 3 weeks.
I'll call my local dealers and see if they have any extra inventory. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts