Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient RWD
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started my trip from central Alabama yesterday and am currently in Breaux Bridge, LA. 460 miles the first day and will head into Texas today. Traveling on Memorial Day wasn't an issue as traffic was light and only moderate just north of New Orleans. All EA charges worked perfectly both connect time and charging speed. No complaints there.

One stop had 4 stalls, 3 mach-e's were charging when I arrived. I charged in a bit over 20 minutes and left. They were still there. At another stop I was joined by a lady with two dogs in a Bolt. She was headed to Cancun, MX. And I thought I was going on a long trip.

I charged on arrival in Breaux Bridge and was all alone in a six stall charger. No ID.4's were spotted all day.
Tire Land vehicle Sky Wheel Car

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,502 Posts
Good luck on the rest of your journey. Looking forward to hearing about it.

·
Blue ProS RWD is in my garage! Only took 187 days.
757 Posts
Sorry, although I'm happy your trip is going well, I keep thinking about the lady IN A BOLT going to Mexico. I love going down there, but there simply are not many chargers. Add to that the limited range of the Bolt (I had one for 3 years) and I am seriously saying WTF?!?

I watch chargers in Mexico in the hope I can one day drive down to Cabo in my ID.4, but I don't get my hopes up. Wow.

·
2021 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD, Blue
22 Posts
I’ve stopped at that Breaux Bridge EA station many times; never had trouble. The EA in Sulphur, Louisiana (my stomping grounds) is also usually empty. Happy travels!

·
425 Posts
Impressed you got across the charging desert of Mississippi

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient RWD
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, although I'm happy your trip is going well, I keep thinking about the lady IN A BOLT going to Mexico. I love going down there, but there simply are not many chargers. Add to that the limited range of the Bolt (I had one for 3 years) and I am seriously saying WTF?!?

I watch chargers in Mexico in the hope I can one day drive down to Cabo in my ID.4, but I don't get my hopes up. Wow.
My thoughts exactly.

I did find one dead EA site earlier today. Columbus, TX. EA app says it is out of service, but there have been a couple of posts on PlugShare that it was working. Wanting to play it safe I charged to 100% when leaving KATY Mills earlier today that will give me range to get to San Antonio. I'm at 81% right now for the night. I did drive by the Columbus EA site on the way to my motel and saw two people standing outside their cars talking on the phone. Not a good sight.

·
119 Posts

Yeah I am still thinking about this woman. Holy moly. I even checked out the number of CCS chargers in Mexico on PlugShare. Not great Bob!

·
1,098 Posts
I65 to I10 is exactly what I did.

What is with Junction, TX?
It is the only charger in a long way. It is also a little hard to find, not in sight of the interstate. On the plus side it is at a small motel with reasonable prices and good cleanliness. Bad side it is hard to find a restaurant especially inn the dark. Good scenery though.

·
1,098 Posts
Automotive parking light Sky Tire Wheel Car

Here is another interesting one where I had to parallel park to use the only working cable. I can’t remember the location other than West Texas. Also hard to find from the interstate. The gas station that you could see to the left sitting in the drivers seat actually had good food.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts