Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
Post if you encounter these in media and where. I saw the "Adventure Lifestyle" ad on my twitter feed today.

Reactions: ErickF

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw "Adventure Lifestyle" on Facebook and Instagram.

Hope it doesn't give my kids any ideas. ;)

Reactions: egsell

2017 Chevrolet Bolt, 1994 Nissan 300ZX
Sigh, while watching NCAA tournament coverage the only VW ads I saw were for Tiguan.

A name change?

I think it is the real deal, not a joke. Kimberley Gardiner, VP of marketing at Volkswagen of America seem to be taken back when questioned about it, she would not deny the info during an interview today.

It looks real. I don't like this part:
The release said 鈥淰oltswagen鈥 will be placed as an exterior badge on all EV models with gas vehicles having the company鈥檚 iconic VW emblem only
Enough with special badges!

Reactions: sethpo

"Before it can change the world it has to change yours" is a great pitch. Don Draper would be impressed.
Before they start main stream advertising the ID.4, they better get some more on the dealership lots. Test drive a demo then wait and wait till they show up. The average buyer wants or needs a car now. Then they have to get the general buyer to get over range anxiety.
Do you think a soccer mom really wants an ID.4? No, she wants a Tiguan or Atlas. Worrying about charging is not on her list of things to do.
EV "fanatics" are willing to reserve and wait 6 months or more. How many "families" would do that? Sure EVs are the future, we see it.
IMO, EVs today are single driver commuter cars. I suppose you have to start somewhere. "Voltswagen" better make the "fanatics" happy because we are the best (cheapest) advertising. NA is not Europe nor the Far East. How many Suburbans or Escalades do you see there?
Step off soapbox.

Just saw an ID4 commercial while watching Jimmy Fallon. About 11:55pm EDT on NBC.
Not one of the ads above.
Shows a guy going into a blue FE then

shows him sitting in a Pro with black

steering wheel and gray interior and then

driving away in an FE with a different side emblem and illuminated front VW logo.
Then shows a woman sitting in a blue Pro without a sun roof and heavy rain, again gray interior, then she looks up through the sun roof at pouring rain.Then a quick flash of a blue Pro with the illuminated VW logo in the front. Then a quick flash of the blue Pro in a garage getting a charge with a wall charger with the lightning logo (EA).
Then finishes with a view of the earth centered over NA.

ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
Just saw an ID4 commercial while watching Jimmy Fallon. About 11:55pm EDT on NBC.
Not one of the ads above.
Shows a guy going into a blue FE then
View attachment 2283
shows him sitting in a Pro with black
View attachment 2285
steering wheel and gray interior and then
View attachment 2284
driving away in an FE with a different side emblem and illuminated front VW logo.
Then shows a woman sitting in a blue Pro without a sun roof and heavy rain, again gray interior, then she looks up through the sun roof at pouring rain.Then a quick flash of a blue Pro with the illuminated VW logo in the front. Then a quick flash of the blue Pro in a garage getting a charge with a wall charger with the lightning logo (EA).
Then finishes with a view of the earth centered over NA.
View attachment 2286
Sounds like 鈥漈ech Upgrade鈥. All of them are great ads that capture the mood and feel of living with the ID.4. Well, I think so at least.

ID.4 Pro S RWD
Shows a guy going into a blue FE then ... shows him sitting in a Pro with black ... steering wheel and gray interior and then ... driving away in an FE with a different side emblem and illuminated front VW logo.
What makes you say the exterior shots are a First Edition? All three shots look like the same Pro S with Gradient to me. A First Edition would have black mirror caps, no illuminated logo, and the smaller side badge that doesn't extend onto the door. And for the second (interior) shot a plain Pro wouldn't have the glass roof. The Pro S with Gradient ticks all the boxes.

And I think the car without a sunroof is the "before" car, the one in which "the rain would bring me down."

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
I like the latest (3) USA marketing video's.

As you would expect a Pro S w/Gradient since FE's are no longer for sale. Voltswagen now needs to show what potential buyers can actually buy.

What makes you say the exterior shots are a First Edition? All three shots look like the same Pro S with Gradient to me. A First Edition would have black mirror caps, no illuminated logo, and the smaller side badge that doesn't extend onto the door. And for the second (interior) shot a plain Pro wouldn't have the glass roof. The Pro S with Gradient ticks all the boxes.

And I think the car without a sunroof is the "before" car, the one in which "the rain would bring me down."
I must be mistaken. I didn't think any of the side emblems continued on to the door panels. I guess you've seen the same commercial that I saw.
I thought each of the different models had a side emblem with 1st or Pro or Pro S lettering.
I haven't seen any unlettered side emblems pictures.
It makes sense that they wouldn't switch cars.
My bad?

Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
I must be mistaken. I didn't think any of the side emblems continued on to the door panels. I guess you've seen the same commercial that I saw.
I thought each of the different models had a side emblem with 1st or Pro or Pro S lettering.
I haven't seen any unlettered side emblems pictures.
It makes sense that they wouldn't switch cars.
My bad?
PRO S and S AWD have a "double" flitzer. Pro and FE only have the single. Ref page 9 in the attached

Attachments

Reactions: ErickF

ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
I didn't see the commercial so can't say for sure, but, are you sure it wasn't just a European version? It's very common (especially German brands) to use European versions in ads.

As you would expect a Pro S w/Gradient since FE's are no longer for sale. Voltswagen now needs to show what potential buyers can actually buy.
If that was the case, they would stop having the F.E. interior shown in vw.com.

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All are definitely a US Pro-S + Gradient.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
These are USA TV ad's and definitely Pro S w/ Gradient.

Perhaps you should actually see the ad's before ..... ;)

But I agree, they should also update their website.

If that was the case, they would stop having the F.E. interior shown in vw.com.

ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
These are USA TV ad's and definitely Pro S w/ Gradient.

Perhaps you should actually see the ad's before ..... ;)

But I agree, they should also update their website.
I wasn't saying they are not U.S. ads, I was just saying manufacturers like using the European versions of their cars for ads even when they film/run in the U.S. I have seen plenty of European spec'd cars on the Studio Lots filming commercials. (Having said that, I not sure any European versions are forced to have the illuminated grill.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts