Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
VW ID.4 1st (originally Pro, changed to 1st in Jan).
131 Posts
To your point on Satellite radio. Actually Tesla removed it from models with an "upgrade" along with AM radio.
I had no idea. I was never an Elon fan to begin with, but this just seems boneheaded.

·
39 Posts
My wife drove her first EV and loved it. It was a Tesla. After getting a quote for the all wheel drive (60k after picking blue and tax) The price scared her. So when we did the math in the all wheel drive id4 we will be realizing a 13k savings with the $7500 fed rebate that Tesla doesn’t get. That’s real money. Each car has advantages and disadvantages. In our case the center display, roof rack, apple car play and less complete reliance on the screen For the ID is a big plus. Just changing seating positions was a complicated process in the Tesla , on long dives I find i Like to change it. The Tesla does get more range and power, although I am certain the 300 HP in the ID will be ample. And of course we know the build quality will be much better in the ID4. bottom line is we are more excited then ever to get the ID4 and looking forward to driving it. I think in 2 years it will outsell Tesla model Y as new VW models start to come on line.
Just note that if she wants the Dusk Blue Metallic VW ID.4, you'll have to get the Statement package which adds $4,500 to the base price, bringing the cost to $44,495 plus destination charges. It's disappointing that VW doesn't offer this color on the standard ID.4 Pro, but it is what it is. You could get the RWD Standard Range Tesla Model Y in blue for a slightly cheaper price ($42,990 which is the base price plus $1,000 for the Blue). When the new electric vehicle legislation passes, and Tesla likely gets the Federal tax credit back, the VW price advantage disappears. Unless Tesla then decides to raise prices that is...

·
28 Posts
Just note that if she wants the Dusk Blue Metallic VW ID.4, you'll have to get the Statement package which adds $4,500 to the base price, bringing the cost to $44,495 plus destination charges. It's disappointing that VW doesn't offer this color on the standard ID.4 Pro, but it is what it is. You could get the RWD Standard Range Tesla Model Y in blue for a slightly cheaper price ($42,990 which is the base price plus $1,000 for the Blue). When the new electric vehicle legislation passes, and Tesla likely gets the Federal tax credit back, the VW price advantage disappears. Unless Tesla then decides to raise prices that is...
We ordered the top spec a while ago which included the statement and gradient awd package and it is still 13k cheaper. Since it looks might be a at least a year before we will see the AWD being made we at least have time to see how this all plays out. Tesla isn’t completely out if VW takes 2 years to get th cars out AND we all get more free money from the US

·
22 Posts
When the new electric vehicle legislation passes, and Tesla likely gets the Federal tax credit back, the VW price advantage disappears. Unless Tesla then decides to raise prices that is...
I know Biden has said he wants an aggressive EV strategy, but I haven't heard anything about redoing the tax credit. Is that just an educated guess or have they actually said they intend to do something like that?

·
101 Posts
I know Biden has said he wants an aggressive EV strategy, but I haven't heard anything about redoing the tax credit. Is that just an educated guess or have they actually said they intend to do something like that?
I'm wondering the same thing. If it requires Senate approval, then it's not a sure thing.

·
39 Posts

·
28 Posts
From what they are saying now is they want a 7k rebate extended to all makes no limit on amount of cars but it will be income limited. Right now they have it at 150/300k. Of course it is a moving target and can expect a lot of push back so who knows where it ends up. The ev charging expansion has a better chance in the infrastructure/transportation bill of passing.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st, Dusk Blue
58 Posts
Allstate. But they used a ev Kona as a sample
I got a quote from Progressive yesterday, not based on a VIN so may vary depending on equipment level and safety features. But it was about $50 cheaper for 6 months than my 2016 Mazda3 Grand Touring. Very surprised at it being less but the agent said that was due to the additional safety features like emergency braking that make it less likely to get into an accident. Pretty happy to be saving a little money on what otherwise will be an increase in monthly cost vs my paid off Mazda.

·
3 Posts
As has been pointed out, I think there are a lot of advantages to the ID4 over the Tesla. Bigger cargo area. One big thing for me is the cockpit, I don't care for the minimalist Tesla, with no instrument panel. The biggest hindrance for me & the VW is reliability. I've considered VW many times in the past & I usually back off when I look at the reliablity. Many decades ago I had a squareback which I liked except for the fact that it wouldn't start if it rained.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts