Volkswagen ID Forum banner
101 - 120 of 180 Posts

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
302 Posts
This is what my dealer showed me. Adding up to get to where I live in TX is about 70 days. (I think when he originally explained this to me he included both steps 4 and 5 but it is actually an either/or on those steps.
You have a cool dealer who is very transparent. My dealer couldn't care less when my car is due in.

·
5 Posts
Reserved - 7/11/21 - AWD Pro S Mythos Black Metallic - Lunar Gray Interior, NO Gradient at this point
Read this thread - 9/01/21 - contacted VW... also given run around answer
Changed Configuration - 9/01/21 to include Gradient Package

I'm guessing similar to a previous user I might be getting the lock down email in a week after switching to Gradient... Very confusing process!
Update: so less than 24hours after switching the AWD configuration to include Gradient package I got the lock down email. Decided to end up leaving the Gradient package, now in step 3/7 and estimated delivery of Dec 2021 - Jan 2022!

·
14 Posts
And another data point: I switched my AWD configuration to Gradient exactly one week ago today and this morning received the lock down alert. I now have an estimated Dec '21 - Jan '22 delivery (was previously estimated as April). I did leave the Gradient package on and have clearly lost my mind, because I changed the color to red.

·
360 Posts
VW is probably scratching their heads and wondering why they are getting a spike in AWD Gradient Package demand!

Reactions: JPWhite

·
360 Posts
My take on it is that they have parts to build the gradient package, but not the normal one.
??? it's the same vehicle as a Pro S except for wheels/tires and how it's painted.

Reactions: PsMac.4

·
43 Posts
I believe so. I was in McLean,visiting from California and a search showe
I think they are listing cars that are enroute. I just drove by there and they don’t have a single ID4 in view. None of the other larger dealers in the area have any inventory.

·
31 Posts
I think they are listing cars that are enroute. I just drove by there and they don’t have a single ID4 in view. None of the other larger dealers in the area have any inventory.
I think your right… my vin number is only around 50 off of one of them, and I just received my email last Friday that my car left the factory… willing to bet they are already reserved car too. Just trying to drum up business

·
59 Posts
I think your right… my vin number is only around 50 off of one of them, and I just received my email last Friday that my car left the factory… willing to bet they are already reserved car too. Just trying to drum up business
So far these all seem to be going to east coast ports and Houston.

·
ID.4 PRO S Galaxy Mythos Black Ext Galaxy Black Int
14 Posts
PRO S AWD Black/Black
Reserved: OCT 05, 2020
Locked: March 10, 2021
EST Delivery: Sep-Oct 2021

orderStatusCode: "15-1"
reservationAdminStatus: "ACTIVE_ORDER_CONFIRMED"
reservationStatus: "ACTIVE"
toEstmtdDlvryDate: null
vin: null

·
34 Posts
Mine is on Vessel 467 (Siem Confucius) en route to Halifax.
Did you get that info from the dealer or is it something I can get from the back end of the reservation portal? Edit: Mines on the way too, I got VIN/switched to 20-1 on Wednesday. Wasn't sure if mine made it on that ship or if it'll be the next one.

·
21 Posts
Did you get that info from the dealer or is it something I can get from the back end of the reservation portal? Edit: Mines on the way too, I got VIN/switched to 20-1 on Wednesday. Wasn't sure if mine made it on that ship or if it'll be the next one.
I asked my salesman and he confirmed; provided vessel number.

·
117 Posts
My expectation is that its more like "They have enough parts to build all the gradients ordered, but not to build all the gradients AND all the s AND all the pro" so they're working from more expensive to less expensive trims.
I have to agree with @krusshall. The only difference between the Pro S and the Pro S w/Gradient is the paint scheme and the wheels, so not having enough parts doesn't make a lot of sense. I suppose they could be short of the 19" Pro rims and the tires -- but it seems like rather than "deprioritizing" the Pro S buyers you just give them the upgrade to the 20" wheels (or at least contact them and give them the option).

Then again, maybe I'm giving VW too much credit, that they don't care about keeping potential customers happy -- since the longer VW drags this out, with many of these people already having waited 6 months for their cars (and more like 10 before they might show up, even if their orders lock today) the more likely these people are to move to other EVs, or even gas powered (particularly hybrid or plug-in hybrid) cars.

I know I'm one of those that have been "ignored" having reserved my car last April. I've not been willing so far to "game" the system by switching to a gradient package, just to remove it to get my order locked. I'm seriously looking at canceling my reservation and switching to a Mach E, an EV6, or Ionic 5. I might have interest in the Audi Q4, but I'm not sure I want to trust another VW brand with my money.

·
AWD Pro S, Dusk Blue - Locked 8/26/21, Estimated delivery Nov-Dec
31 Posts
According to this article about the computer chip shortage published by the French Press August 1: "VW said one way it was coping with the shortage was by favoring high-end vehicles, which bring in more money."

·
59 Posts
My order status code finally changed to 15-2 this morning. It's been 15-1 since 7/6/21. No vin yet.

·
832 Posts
My order status code finally changed to 15-2 this morning. It's been 15-1 since 7/6/21. No vin yet.
My AWD went to status 15-2 on 28-July, still no VIN. :(

101 - 120 of 180 Posts