Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
101 Posts
I think we’ll get better than the 250 epa estimate. The ID3 is performing better than its estimate over in Europe.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we’ll get better than the 250 epa estimate. The ID3 is performing better than its estimate over in Europe.
I hope so, but all of the pre-announcement news suggested a range in excess of 300 miles. If they’re really trying to compete against ICE vehicles, a 250-mi range is quite low.

·
29 Posts
That 300+ was for WLTP from what I understand. I think it will get better than the 250 also, if the ID3 is any indication. I live in Houston and we need all the range we can get for the area + trips to Dallas/San Antonio/Austin.

Surprised it doesn't have a heat pump. For those of you that live up north, that's a big deal.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That 300+ was for WLTP from what I understand. I think it will get better than the 250 also, if the ID3 is any indication. I live in Houston and we need all the range we can get for the area + trips to Dallas/San Antonio/Austin.

Surprised it doesn't have a heat pump. For those of you that live up north, that's a big deal.
VW UK lists the ID.4 range as 310 miles (WLTP). If we assume a WLTP/EPA ratio of 1.11 (see here), that'd put the ID.4 at just about 280 miles EPA (310 / 1.11 = 279.28). I could live with that.

The lack of a heat pump does suck though. I live in Colorado.

·
29 Posts
VW UK lists the ID.4 range as 310 miles (WLTP). If we assume a WLTP/EPA ratio of 1.11 (see here), that'd put the ID.4 at just about 280 miles EPA (310 / 1.11 = 279.28). I could live with that.

The lack of a heat pump does suck though. I live in Colorado.
Question "super" - In Colorado, do you feel you need AWD? I'm looking move up to CO in the future and have only had experiences with 2WD

If the EPA comes out to 280ish, then perhaps the dual motor/AWD will be around 250ish??? That would work for me.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Question "super" - In Colorado, do you feel you need AWD? I'm looking move up to CO in the future and have only had experiences with 2WD

If the EPA comes out to 280ish, then perhaps the dual motor/AWD will be around 250ish??? That would work for me.
I don't think AWD is absolutely necessary in Colorado, but makes good sense given the weather and travel to the mountains. You could always do snow tires on a RWD vehicle and switch them out seasonally instead.

·
1 Posts

I live in Colorado as well - you don't need AWD here, until you need it. I don't mean to sound snarky, but for those few times a year when we get hammered with storms, AWD with good tires sure makes life a ton easier.
PS: If you end up in the mountains west of Denver, I'd say it's even more of a must have.

·
23 Posts

Hi they have the heat pump and the range for an 82KWH battery for RWD would be over 300 miles. Check the test range from Borjn Nylan on VW ID3 1st on You tube, he does 258 mile with 58KWH battery.

·
177 Posts
Hi they have the heat pump and the range for an 82KWH battery for RWD would be over 300 miles. Check the test range from Borjn Nylan on VW ID3 1st on You tube, he does 258 mile with 58KWH battery.
Probably no heat pump for U.S. (yet), it was not listed on any of the options / features for either the 1st or Pro as currently available in the U.S. [It would be a very nice surprise if we get a heat pump, but doubtful.]

·
23 Posts
Probably no heat pump for U.S. (yet), it was not listed on any of the options / features for either the 1st or Pro as currently available in the U.S. [It would be a very nice surprise if we get a heat pump, but doubtful.]
Yes you are right, it is for Canada, my apologyze .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts