Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I connected Carnet to my Alexa and try to use the specific commands that are listed there for the ID.4 I couldn't get any of them to work. Has anyone had any luck getting them to work since they've added the ID.4 to the skill?

·
257 Posts
I just enabled Alexa commands for my ID4. I experimented a bit and found it is very important to say "Alexa, ask my car-net to...."

It is very important to say "my car-net." Not using the exact phrase resulted in Alexa not understanding the command. Even leaving off the "my" portion of the phrase caused failure.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just enabled Alexa commands for my ID4. I experimented a bit and found it is very important to say "Alexa, ask my car-net to...."

It is very important to say "my car-net." Not using the exact phrase resulted in Alexa not understanding the command. Even leaving off the "my" portion of the phrase caused failure.
Thanks! That worked!

·
249 Posts
You can also say "Alexa launch my Car Net" to get her in the mood first, then ask basic questions from there. I've just started playing with it since Car Net is kinda useless other than climate and the only thing I will use my Echo with the car, stop charging so I can unplug and leave. It did pronounce Car Net kinda French when I didn't use the proper syntax so I thought that was funny. "Did you mean Car Nae?" Yea Alexa, my German made car runs Car Nae.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts