Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been doing more research on the id4, as i am looking to get an ev suv this year. my choices are either id 4, mustang mach e, ioniq 5, nissan ariya, audi q4 etron, and others if they are released. no model y unless green act passes, which i doubt will happen.
i dont like how there is no audio upgrade option, even on a maxed out model. thats super disappointing, as i always try buy the car option/trim that has the best sound system available.
im also a little bit doubtful on why they used 8 ultrasonic sensors instead of the standard 12 like on most cars now. especially when they are trying to implement a level 2 system. my prius prime has 12 and it is only level 1. small complaint, but i would prefer more hardware. leaning towards mach e on the autonomous driving front. i bought full self driving on the model 3 (luckily when it was just a 3k option) and regret it. i also hate its force steering input rather than capacitive or eye tracking.
the interior also seems really cheap compared to the mach e or ariya or ioniq 5. tesla has soft touch materials everywhere, like bmw level. maybe the audi q4 etron will have a more decent interior.
it seems that the euro and china versions of this car are far superior to what we are getting in the united states. i dont want to wait until the tennessee plant starts producing them. do you think by the time the pro s awd models are being made there would be more options on the car?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
4,684 Posts
The Audi Q4 will most certainly have a more plush interior, at significant additional cost, as that's after all their luxury marque thing. But having just transitioned from over a decade with Audi I find the ID.4 to be as good/better than I anticipated. It's all in how you set your expectations and what your needs/desires truly are.

Although the initial ID.4's are final assembled in Germany there's over 40% Chinese parts content per the Monroney, so as most vehicles these days a "global build." What we're getting in the USA is on par with the rest of the world except for those options that the VWoA marketeers decided to exclude to hit a specific market segment price point. There's no free lunch (although the First Edition does include a number of "free" items).

Over time, based on actual/projected sales figures, there will very likely be more options available. Waiting is always a notable course of action. But so is a diving in. ;)

i have been doing more research on the id4, as i am looking to get an ev suv this year. my choices are either id 4, mustang mach e, ioniq 5, nissan ariya, audi q4 etron, and others if they are released. no model y unless green act passes, which i doubt will happen.
i dont like how there is no audio upgrade option, even on a maxed out model. thats super disappointing, as i always try buy the car option/trim that has the best sound system available.
im also a little bit doubtful on why they used 8 ultrasonic sensors instead of the standard 12 like on most cars now. especially when they are trying to implement a level 2 system. my prius prime has 12 and it is only level 1. small complaint, but i would prefer more hardware. leaning towards mach e on the autonomous driving front. i bought full self driving on the model 3 (luckily when it was just a 3k option) and regret it. i also hate its force steering input rather than capacitive or eye tracking.
the interior also seems really cheap compared to the mach e or ariya or ioniq 5. tesla has soft touch materials everywhere, like bmw level. maybe the audi q4 etron will have a more decent interior.
it seems that the euro and china versions of this car are far superior to what we are getting in the united states. i dont want to wait until the tennessee plant starts producing them. do you think by the time the pro s awd models are being made there would be more options on the car?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.