Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition / Dusk Blue
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a small issue, but I went to the bank this morning; when I got out of the car, I tried to lock the car using the handle. It didn't respond. After a number of attempts, I took the fob out and tried to lock the car - still no response. I decided to risk it and went into the bank. When I returned, the car didn't flash - presumably because it wasn't locked. It still didn't respond. I drove to my next destination, and everything was back to normal.

Anyone else experience this?

·
68 Posts
key fob needed to re-synch with the vehicle... i read that somewhere on a FB post. can't say for sure.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
929 Posts
Probably a small issue, but I went to the bank this morning; when I got out of the car, I tried to lock the car using the handle. It didn't respond. After a number of attempts, I took the fob out and tried to lock the car - still no response. I decided to risk it and went into the bank. When I returned, the car didn't flash - presumably because it wasn't locked. It still didn't respond. I drove to my next destination, and everything was back to normal.

Anyone else experience this?
If one of the doors isn't shut all the way, the car will do this.

·
30 Posts
Dumb question from me. How does one lock the vehicle using the handle? Is it touching under the little arrow in the door handle?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,554 Posts
btw: with my prior Audi it was just a light touch anywhere near the handle-lock location. I find with the ID.4 I have to be more precise and with a bit more pressure. Always there are things like this to relearn/get used to with new vehicles.

btw(2): I have my exterior door mirrors set to swing close upon door lock as not only for their protection but also visual confirmation of locking.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,554 Posts
A-position (interior handle) = Unlock
B-position (exterior handle) = Lock
Of course you can set your door(s) to auto-unlock as you approach.
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 11.29.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 11.29.36 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 11.28.05 AM.png
Dumb question from me. How does one lock the vehicle using the handle? Is it touching under the little arrow in the door handle?

·
Glacier White/Lunar Grey 1st Edition with 19" Wheels
166 Posts
btw: with my prior Audi it was just a light touch anywhere near the handle-lock location. I find with the ID.4 I have to be more precise and with a bit more pressure. Always there are things like this to relearn/get used to with new vehicles.

btw(2): I have my exterior door mirrors set to swing close upon door lock as not only for their protection but also visual confirmation of locking.
I too used to use a bit of pressure on the grooves to lock my ID.4 but I was having trouble getting this to consistently work. I experimented a bit and found that a very light placement of the back of your hand on the grooves works flawlessly every time. I highly recommend giving it a try if locking the ID.4 frustrates you in the slightest.

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition / Dusk Blue
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So since my optional post, things improved then took a wrong turn. Lock/auto-unlock worked flawlessly for 2 months, then has become finicky.

If I approach the car with the fob, it’ll unlock 50-60% of the time; same goes for the lift gate. Sometimes lifting the handle will unlock the car - sometimes I need to press unlock on the fob. I’ve checked settings and nothing has changed. It’s not a huge issue, but it is concerning that it’s changed from flawless performance to inconsistent.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
929 Posts
So since my optional post, things improved then took a wrong turn. Lock/auto-unlock worked flawlessly for 2 months, then has become finicky.

If I approach the car with the fob, it’ll unlock 50-60% of the time; same goes for the lift gate. Sometimes lifting the handle will unlock the car - sometimes I need to press unlock on the fob. I’ve checked settings and nothing has changed. It’s not a huge issue, but it is concerning that it’s changed from flawless performance to inconsistent.

Any ideas?
I find that if my fob is next to my phone, that the phone seems to shield the fob from the car, and it doesn't work well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts