Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 First Edition
1,389 Posts

·
2,152 Posts
Just go by SOC % screen and calculate your own efficiency.....and while doing it always have plan A and plan B if you need some extra juice to get home safe.
Sacrificing comfort to increase efficiency is not something i will consider.
My Climatronic is set always on 75°F and sometimes disable A/C ...but usually automatic always on.
Recirculation mode is good way to lower energy needed for cabin heater to maintain set temperature, considering you have no humidity to fight with inside the car.

·
59 Posts
Sacrificing comfort to increase efficiency is not something i will consider.
Same here, driving in comfort is more important than increased efficiency if I have to choose between the two, unless I'm lost out in nowhere far from a charge station.
I keep jackets in the backseat in case the occupants need them for a nightout when it's cold, but not for driving with no heat to increase the driving range.

·
8 Posts
I use AC and take long road trips so I get around 190-200 miles range at 80%
When I’m driving in cities with traffic and frequent lights/stop signs my range goes up to 230 at 80% as well.

·
1,068 Posts
I use AC and take long road trips so I get around 190-200 miles range at 80%
When I’m driving in cities with traffic and frequent lights/stop signs my range goes up to 230 at 80% as well.
I dislike 65-70 mph it really kills my m/kWh, I only drive it when I have to.
Lots of drivers dislike my observance of the speed limit in the right hand lane and try to speed me up by riding up my rear. I've been high beam flashed while I drive there.
I just wave when they speed past me.
If you see me, I'm the guy with the gray bushy beard 😁.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,491 Posts
I dislike 65-70 mph it really kills my m/kWh, I only drive it when I have to.
Lots of drivers dislike my observance of the speed limit in the right hand lane and try to speed me up by riding up my rear. I've been high beam flashed while I drive there.
I just wave when they speed past me.
If you see me, I'm the guy with the gray bushy beard 😁.
If you're in the right lane they should just go around you, not flash you. What do they want you to do, go to the shoulder?

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,491 Posts
They should but most everyone wants to go 10 mph over the limit in all lanes. They can just wait, lots of people think that the right most lane is a the Alternate passing lane.😬.
If they are flashing lights I would slow down until they go around me

·
375 Posts
Would this work with my level 2 charger if I can adjust how much power (amps) are delivered?
Based upon a reply from VW Technician on another thread the car will draw power from either a L1 or L2 charger when it needs it to keep the battery pack warmed. I don't think you'll need to adjust anything on the charger since the car will only draw what it needs for the heater. I'm keeping my ID4 plugged in inside my unheated garage and it pops on every few hours. I'm guessing that's the "ID" portion of the car (intelligent design) calling for power from outside the pack, since it's available via the charger. I think it would probably be taking a lot more power if the car were outside and exposed to wind and colder temps, but the upside is the battery would be warmed. I'll be experimenting with using my L1 charger while at work to keep things warm while at work (where the car will be exposed to very windy cold temps).

·
1,068 Posts
I have gone across EV repellant signs on huge Pickup owners...but eventually they will learn how much money they can keep in the pocket instead of living to Gas stations.
Nope.
Big diesel pickups is a life style not just a working requirement. Just like cambered wheels, slammed suspension and fart exhaust. Liquid fuel use, money and environment be damned. To them it's meaningless.
You could say that even EVs are a sort of life style 😉.
EVs are an excuse for rolling coal.

·
23 Posts
Are all ID4 models (First Edition, Pro S and Pro) expected to charge at 80% for 250 mile range? My Pro gets around 230 miles on 80%. Thx
Are all ID4 models (First Edition, Pro S and Pro) expected to charge at 80% for 250 mile range? My Pro gets around 230 miles on 80%. Thx
i get 235 miles on an 80% charge. On a full charge that I only do for a long trip I get 294 miles. This is in warm months. In Feb in Central NH I was getting 235 on a full charge. 210-220 on a 80%. But the car was new and learning my driving .

21 - 40 of 57 Posts