Volkswagen ID Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
ID.4 Pro S Blue Dusk Gradient
73 Posts
i get 235 miles on an 80% charge. On a full charge that I only do for a long trip I get 294 miles. This is in warm months. In Feb in Central NH I was getting 235 on a full charge. 210-220 on a 80%. But the car was new and learning my driving .
At what average speed are you seeing 294 miles. I can barely get 260 miles at 15 mph average speed and this is driving very conservatively.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design Tire

edit
this was last night 76 degrees driving around town.
I guess if I do the same with 296/77 it comes to 3.8 so half mile different so maybe sitting at stop lights could be the difference, but since you get this on long distance drives I’m assuming you average MPH is going to be quite a bit higher then 15 mph.

·
23 Posts
I drive around town 25-45mph 60%.
on hiway 60-70 mph.
Alway use eco mode, regenerative braking, and adaptive cruise and lane keeping assist when possible.

·
ID.4 Pro Statement, White
20 Posts
i get 235 miles on an 80% charge. On a full charge that I only do for a long trip I get 294 miles. This is in warm months. In Feb in Central NH I was getting 235 on a full charge. 210-220 on a 80%. But the car was new and learning my driving .
Does anyone know how long the car takes to "learn" your driving? I've had my 'Wagen 9 months and it still gets to 210 - 220 on an 80% charge.

·
1,209 Posts
Does anyone know how long the car takes to "learn" your driving? I've had my 'Wagen 9 months and it still gets to 210 - 220 on an 80% charge.
It’s based on recent driving and current driving conditions if you’re out and about. 210-220 miles estimated at 80% translates to about 260-275 miles estimated at 100%, which sounds higher than what might be expected based on the EPA estimates for both RWD and AWD. Are you expecting more than that or less?

·
2 Posts
It’s based on recent driving and current driving conditions if you’re out and about. 210-220 miles estimated at 80% translates to about 260-275 miles estimated at 100%, which sounds higher than what might be expected based on the EPA estimates for both RWD and AWD. Are you expecting more than that or less?
I was expecting the math to calibrate over time eventually getting to 100% = 250 maximum miles.
I'm not disappointed but it's a bit of a guessing game and I'm an accountant. We like the numbers to work.
😏

·
1,209 Posts
I was expecting the math to calibrate over time eventually getting to 100% = 250 maximum miles.
I'm not disappointed but it's a bit of a guessing game and I'm an accountant. We like the numbers to work.
😏
The miles of range is always an estimate, and will always vary based on conditions both in and out of your control. It’s not like the range is baked into the battery or something. Be happy you’re getting higher than the EPA estimate, which is where the phrase “your mileage may vary” literally comes from.

·
1,150 Posts
Try running at 70 with full air conditioning on for 15-20 minutes. Then go to a 40 to 45 mph road turn the air conditioner off and see what the GOM does. It's not a long burn-in time in my experience it's more of a shorter time depending on how you're driving.

·
176 Posts
😏
I would love it if they had a way for me to manually set the mi/kWh on the guessOmeter. That way in the winter I could set it to 2.1 and summer to 2.9 and know that I should minimally get the mileage showing. I mean they don't even show what the guessOmeter is currently using in it's calculation.

·
1,150 Posts
Yes. Try hunting around for it. You'll find it and while searching you'll find some other cool stuff.
I'm assuming you have taken delivery of your ID4.

·
15 Posts
Yes. Try hunting around for it. You'll find it and while searching you'll find some other cool stuff.
I'm assuming you have taken delivery of your ID4.
No, I don't have one yet. Just curious because there's so much talk about miles. It would be nice if both numbers were easily viewed

·
1,209 Posts
No, I don't have one yet. Just curious because there's so much talk about miles. It would be nice if both numbers were easily viewed
In general up to now, it seems that VW's UI designers have an aversion to showing the battery's SoC as a numeric percentage. It's currently buried on the Vehicle > Charging screen, and it doesn't show up anywhere else, like the instrument screen or in the configurable widgets. It does show up on the instrument screen if you get below 10% SoC, I think. It's supposedly being added to the instrument screen permanently when our cars are updated to the ID 3.x software.

Their UI designers seem focused on presenting everything in "miles" or "km". Probably part of a grand master plan to pander to all of the newbs who are obsessed with range. But as we all learn quickly enough, miles(km) of range is not a constant measure like kW or kWh — so it would just be nice to see the % SoC of the car front and center next to the range estimate du jour so that people can learn more quickly that the range is an estimate and not a constant value.

It's nothing new, by the way. In my 2018 e-Golf, there's no way without an OBD dongle to see the SoC as a numeric percentage anywhere in the car — it's just left completely out. The e-Golf is still a great car, by the way, even without this essential little piece of data.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts