Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
Not on CA list yet for the $2k rebate either
I believe CA is currently out of funds ATM, so waiting shouldn't hurt for a bit.

·
163 Posts
I believe CA is currently out of funds ATM, so waiting shouldn't hurt for a bit.
In California, only the income-qualified, grant-based, Clean Vehicle Assistance Program ($5,000) is temporarily out of funds. But the Clean Vehicle Rebate project ($2,000) and the Clean Fuel Reward program ($1,500) are both active at this time.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
396 Posts
For any PA residents, there is a convoluted and byzantine program to get you $750 back (maybe) and they just added the ID.4

It theoretically applies to both purchase and leasing. Fingers crossed.
Yes, it's ridiculous!! Luckily, I'm familiar because of our i3. For first time users, however, it's insane how they make you apply for the rebate (and it's also not exactly clear how to).

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
289 Posts
Yes, it's ridiculous!! Luckily, I'm familiar because of our i3. For first time users, however, it's insane how they make you apply for the rebate (and it's also not exactly clear how to).
When I checked last week and the ID.4 wasn't listed (after jumping through half the hoops to get to that point), I emailed [email protected] and never got a response, but the change got made on their site, so maybe that greased the skids a bit. They should allow dealers to do this on behalf of their customers. I would certainly have let my salesman do this for me. :cool:

·
ID.4 FE Blue
138 Posts
For any PA residents, there is a convoluted and byzantine program to get you $750 back (maybe) and they just added the ID.4

It theoretically applies to both purchase and leasing. Fingers crossed.
I applied for it a day after I got the car. I asked them what to do as the ID.4 was not listed. They got back to me immediately (!) and told me to just pick „other“. They probably added the ID.4 because of my application 😉.

·
8 Posts
Has anyone seen any projections for when VW will hit the volume cap for the credit? I think it's 200,000 vehicles.

·
214 Posts
Has anyone seen any projections for when VW will hit the volume cap for the credit? I think it's 200,000 vehicles.
Through last summer, they had apparently sold 18,000 vehicles. I thought they were planning to sell 120,000 ID.4s worldwide this year, with only a fraction of that in North America (I think 2/3 was China/Europe?). Remember also that the credit doesn't disappear when they hit 200000, it gets cut in half to $3750, and then again to $1875 in 6-month periods starting in the quarter after 200,000 is reached.

All said, the full credit is probably around for at least a couple more years, with partial credit for a year after that. All assuming that some new legislation doesn't change the rules before then.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I applied for it a day after I got the car. I asked them what to do as the ID.4 was not listed. They got back to me immediately (!) and told me to just pick „other“. They probably added the ID.4 because of my application 😉.
Did you actually print and mail anything? I uploaded the pink MV-1 since I had not yet received my actual PA registration. Now my submission says Under Review and can't be edited. I suppose it couldn't hurt to print the signature page and a copy of my registration (that just arrived) and send it off to Harrisburg. Costs only a stamp. I bet more than 50% of people give up on this crazy application process.

·
ID.4 FE Blue
138 Posts
Did you actually print and mail anything? I uploaded the pink MV-1 since I had not yet received my actual PA registration. Now my submission says Under Review and can't be edited. I suppose it couldn't hurt to print the signature page and a copy of my registration (that just arrived) and send it off to Harrisburg. Costs only a stamp. I bet more than 50% of people give up on this crazy application process.
I uploaded everything, including the temporary registration and the form that asks the same questions as the online system. Am now playing the waiting game...

·
ID.4 FE Blue
138 Posts
Got an email yesterday it’s approved and check is on its way 😀.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
921 Posts
If you take the 7500$ rebate when you file your taxes (next year), remember to save all of the paperwork from when you purchased your car. Save insurance and registration information as well.

A number of 2019 Kona owners are getting letters from the IRS insisting that there is a problem with the VIN, and either some paperwork to prove you bought the car, or failing that, demanding something like 9000$ (rebate+penalties).

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
My coworker bought a CPO e-Golf and applied for the PA rebate on the same day that I did, 3/24/21 ... in fact our applications are only 3 digits apart. She just got the "check is in the mail" email. Hopefully mine will be soon as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts