Volkswagen ID Forum banner

ID.4 Ownership / Where are you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be interesting to see where folks are. If you know in detail the options that you will be buying add that in the comments below and include your selection of color.

·
ID.4 Pro S (Statement) AWD Reservation 9/23/20
274 Posts
I am waiting to see what happens, but still looking at 2021 purchase (I clicked on the 2022 option as was the closest available)

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am waiting to see what happens, but still looking at 2021 purchase (I clicked on the 2022 option as was the closest available)
I just added a "purchase later this year" to the poll. You might be able to change your vote?

·
1st Edition - Arriving in US
512 Posts
I am locked in and waiting, but the vacuum of communication from VW has brought other options onto my shortlist. Changes in the tax credit could have me looking more at a Mach-E. The Ioniq 5 could put Hyundai in a vocabular I never thought possible. And there are still ICE cars that pique my interest as short-term drives to wait out the evolution of the midrange EV market.

Reactions: TimD

·
ID.4 Pro S (Statement) AWD Reservation 9/23/20
274 Posts
I just added a "purchase later this year" to the poll. You might be able to change your vote?
Done. We are looking for an AWD EV so we have time. The ID.4 is our preferred choice for now but waiting to see additional info on the Ioniq 5 & the Ariya. We are still open to the Mach-E if we can find a good lease deal and the Y if tax credits return. Would also be willing to spend more on a Q4 e-tron if it has the right specs.

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anyone else who feels like this vehicle is not offered in enough exterior colors? Is there any reason to believe that we in the US can expect more color choices after the Chattanooga Tenn. plant starts its ID.4 production?

·
512 Posts
Is there anyone else who feels like this vehicle is not offered in enough exterior colors? Is there any reason to believe that we in the US can expect more color choices after the Chattanooga Tenn. plant starts its ID.4 production?
Atlas and Tiguan have 7. By US VW standards, the ID.4 just missing one additional shade of gray.

·
2017 Chevrolet Bolt, 1994 Nissan 300ZX
11 Posts
I checked plan on purchasing later this year, Not really interested in a Tesla or Mach-e but will evaluate the Ioniq-5 if it comes out ahead of or concurrent with the ID.4 My main requirement is AWD. Price is the second determining factor. Color is not that important to me. Although I will usually pick white if it's not an extra cost to help combat heat in hot weather.

·
106 Posts
Changes in the tax credit could have me looking more at a Mach-E.
Erick...you mean if you aren't able to qualify for the fed tax credit after 2021 rules or some state benefit? I'm just wondering what change could impact a VW decision that wouldn't similarly affect a Ford purchase. If you had said tax credit change might have you look at Tesla or GM I'd understand.

·
512 Posts
Erick...you mean if you aren't able to qualify for the fed tax credit after 2021 rules or some state benefit? I'm just wondering what change could impact a VW decision that wouldn't similarly affect a Ford purchase. If you had said tax credit change might have you look at Tesla or GM I'd understand.
My thought is that, if Telsa and GM were to have tax credits restored, the market would adjust on MSRP making the Mach-E more of a midrange market player (pricewise). Ford has already dropped prices. I think VW would be very slow to react.

Reactions: corfam

·
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
68 Posts
👋 Owner of an ID.4 1st Max [EU Spec] in Mangan Gray with towbar, but without heatpump.

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
49 Posts
I have a blue FE order locked, but I am seriously considering the new standard range Tesla Model Y as an alternative. If the delivery date of the ID.4 slips past March I would have to pay for an entire year of car tabs on my Leaf, and in Seattle that will be around $800. If it looks like a March delivery is not going to happen, then that would push us towards getting the Tesla instead.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
4 Posts
I have a Pro S AWD with Gradient in Red reservation. I'm OK with waiting, but also frustrated with the lack of direct contact and updating. I'm still no 100% all in as I've owed more Audi models than VW so very interested in the Q4 offering, just not sure I want to spend that much extra for my "first EV experience". That reluctance also has me leasing whichever I decide on, more likely than not. Not only would it ensure I get to take advantage of the $7,500 FTC but also make it easy to "walk away at the end" if that seems appropriate. I've looked at some of the other offering mentioned in this forum, but not really interested in any, at this point at least.

Good luck to everyone on your choices and I certainly hope the whole ID vision VW has is successful. I'm still excited to get an ID.4 or Q4 and look forward to the new driving experience.

·
40 Posts
I chose “plan on purchase later this year”. Just not sure if it will be an ID.4! I hope it will be but the delays and lack of communication have left the door open to the Ariya and the Ioniq 5.

·
220 Posts
Currently at "I am waiting to see what happens, and looking at 2022 purchase". I am at a spot where I don't need a new vehicle so getting the best BEV for my needs is the most important thing. So it may happen later this year or 2022/23. Here are my factors on making the the best choice:
1.) Final specs (range and any additional options) on the Pro AWD (which I have on order). What are the specs, range and price of the GTX (assuming we get it in the US).
2.) Would like to see what the ID.4 built in the US looks like for options and price.
3.) What does the competition look like. The Ioniq 5, Kia CV and Audi Q4 are all going to be out soon.
4.) What are the tax credits going to be moving forward. Personally like to see what other country's do and take a fixed amount off the car at the point of sale.
5.) Work life after Covid, will it be back to 5 days a week at the office? I have put on nearly 10K less miles on a car since March of last year (one of the few positives).

I have spent to much time each day on multiple web sites, blogs and videos to see what is next in BEVs. From what I can see there really doesn't seem to be a lot more options in the the $40-50k range of BEVs past this year. Both Toyota and Honda haven't pre-viewed anything that would be interesting. Personally can't see them showing an amazing BEV and then having it available in 6 months from then.

·
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
59 Posts
I think there’s a step missing, something between final act of ordering and locked and waiting. VW has had my $100 for a Pro S AWD since launch day, but the order won’t be locked in for many months since the AWD isn’t predicted to launch till 3rd quarter 2021.

·
7 Posts
I think there’s a step missing, something between final act of ordering and locked and waiting. VW has had my $100 for a Pro S AWD since launch day, but the order won’t be locked in for many months since the AWD isn’t predicted to launch till 3rd quarter 2021.
I would argue that they shouldn't have taken money for awd preorders. Let people express interest on a list early, then after Q1 deliveries of FEs circle back to start the deposit process. AWD versions are seemingly going to come over a year from the first deposit for some. That's too long for VW to hold your money IMO. It's so hard because it looks like such an awesome car though...

·
ID.4 1st Blue
205 Posts
I would argue that they shouldn't have taken money for awd preorders. Let people express interest on a list early, then after Q1 deliveries of FEs circle back to start the deposit process. AWD versions are seemingly going to come over a year from the first deposit for some. That's too long for VW to hold your money IMO. It's so hard because it looks like such an awesome car though...
Compared to Tesla that’s nothing. I suppose they set a bad standard for the rest.

Reactions: NBCGLX and Huey52

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition arrived port-USA
370 Posts
Yep, Tesla is $1K for a pre-order so ID.4 at half that isn't so bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts