Volkswagen ID Forum banner

ID.4 Ownership / Where are you?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
6 Posts
I thought it might be interesting to see where folks are. If you know in detail the options that you will be buying add that in the comments below and include your selection of color.
I have a first edition reserved but found out from my preferred dealer yesterday, there won’t be any available at least through him until early to mid March. For me, that brings them to play other options. Tesla model three, Volvo XC 40 recharge, used BMW I three to write out 2021 and examine all the new models And brands that become available during the year

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
It cost me $1K to pre-order a Tesla 3 when "first edition" introduced. But I guess that was then...
The $1k was for 3, for the Y they were asking $2,500! Nothing nearly as bad as the Roadster where they are asking $50,000 for the base and all $250k upfront if you want Founder's Edition (which are still available for deposit 2½ years later).

For the people that did put down the $50k at the reveal, they could have bought 800 Tesla shares instead which would be worth $640k today (of course, if you can afford to drop $50k on a deposit several years out, you probably wouldn't notice missing $640k).

Reactions: ted99

·
7 Posts
I'm waiting to see what happens as well. I'm locked in for a base iD 4 Pro, but my current lease is up in June. They might be in the US by then, but if not, I'll probably go with a Tesla Model 3 or Y.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts