Volkswagen ID Forum banner

ID.4 Posessed

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  tennr 
#1 ·
To preface this post, I have NOT been drinking tonight…..
So I pull into my garage this evening, with the usual warning signals telling me I’m close to surrounding garage items. Nothing unusual.
I put the car in park. I am changing the charging settings to 80%, as I’m going to charge tonight with my Mustart charger. Car is on, in park.
All of a sudden, a new alarm starts dinging….. lights are flashing inside the car. I’m kinda worried as it was an unfamiliar noise. As I’m sitting there in disbelief, my garage door closes. On its own. Nobody else in the garage. Clicker in its usual position clipped to the visor.
Any ideas? Time to call the Long Island Medium??

#2 ·
it's vaguely reminiscent of what happens when the car is in drive assist and the driver fails to hold onto the steering wheel. The car decelerates to a stop, lights begin flashing and the horn blows on and off. All except for the part where you were sitting stopped in Park, and there was no horn blowing.... 😜

#8 ·
To preface this post, I have NOT been drinking tonight…..
So I pull into my garage this evening, with the usual warning signals telling me I’m close to surrounding garage items. Nothing unusual.
I put the car in park. I am changing the charging settings to 80%, as I’m going to charge tonight with my Mustart charger. Car is on, in park.
All of a sudden, a new alarm starts dinging….. lights are flashing inside the car. I’m kinda worried as it was an unfamiliar noise. As I’m sitting there in disbelief, my garage door closes. On its own. Nobody else in the garage. Clicker in its usual position clipped to the visor.
Any ideas? Time to call the Long Island Medium??
Do you have a remote garage door open/closing device such as GoControl, Linear, Chamberlin? These devices have a built-in strobe and will flash for about 5 seconds before opening or closing the door. This is a safety feature to warn those in the garage that there is going to movement activated remotely.

As a side note: if you have integrate any of these with Apple HomeKit, then the remote button will show in CarPlay when you are near your home. In this case, I called mine "Pod Bay Doors" (nod to Space Odyssey)... "Hey Siri, open the pod bay doors."
Gadget Rectangle Display device Portable electronic game Electronic device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.