Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ID.4 Pro S RWD Status 30-3 : Vehicle Released to Carrier, I have few of questions

• how many days it takes from 30-3 to reach Dublin CA?
  • since VIN is allocated, can i start purchase?
  • Can i buy this car on my spouse name but reservation is on my name?
  • what all things i need for tax credit documentation?

·
Premium Member
2022 Pro S AWD v3.1
897 Posts
My ID.4 Pro S RWD Status 30-3 : Vehicle Released to Carrier, I have few of questions

• how many days it takes from 30-3 to reach Dublin CA?
  • since VIN is allocated, can i start purchase?
  • Can i buy this car on my spouse name but reservation is on my name?
  • what all things i need for tax credit documentation?
Nobody here can predict the delivery time accurately. Check with your sales person like once a week for updates.

I don’t see how you can “start purchase”. You can arrange financing and such ahead of time but you can’t purchase. I could be wrong.

I doubt they care whose name is on the bill of sale as long as you complete the purchase. Whoever’s name is used will be credit-checked if you’re financing or leasing,

All you need is the VIN and dated bill of sale. But are you and your spouse filing jointly or separately? It might matter. One or both of you needs a minimum $7500 federal tax obligation to get the full tax credit.

·
200 Posts
Nobody here can predict the delivery time accurately. Check with your sales person like once a week for updates.

I don’t see how you can “start purchase”. You can arrange financing and such ahead of time but you can’t purchase. I could be wrong.

I doubt they care whose name is on the bill of sale as long as you complete the purchase. Whoever’s name is used will be credit-checked if you’re financing or leasing,

All you need is the VIN and dated bill of sale. But are you and your spouse filing jointly or separately? It might matter. One or both of you needs a minimum $7500 federal tax obligation to get the full tax credit.
Not sure the exact wording on the initial reservation (I didn't read through it when I reserved or locked it), but I suspect there is something in there to prevent people from "selling" their reservation. Thus, I think as long as the purchasers are somehow related, the dealer/VW probably doesn't care. But if they are complete strangers, there might be issues. Don't forget that dealers (at least for now) have an incentive for the sales to fall through since it would allow them to turn around and sell it with mark-ups.

GR

·
39 Posts
Mine took from 10/12/22 (released) 10/17/22 (rail load) to 11/11/22 to be rail unloaded. I'm in Las Vegas. Mine went from Chattanooga to Chicago, then to a rail yard in San Bernardino. Once they hit the yard they're supposed to be loaded on a truck within 5 days and transported to the dealer. Mine arrived at the dealership 11/17/22.

I assume yours will take pretty much the same route with the exception that BNSF should take it to Richmond, CA instead of San Bernardino. There contractor American Auto Works will likely unload it and load it on a truck for final delivery.

So if it took 36 days from 11/23/22, I'd predict it'll be to dealership by 12/29/22. Keep in mind this is holiday season, so not sure if that will introduce further delays.

·
2023 AWD Pro S (Opal White/Cosmic) - reserved 08/07, locked 09/20. Prev: 10/14/21 - 04/11 lock
296 Posts
Mine took from 10/12/22 (released) 10/17/22 (rail load) to 11/11/22 to be rail unloaded. I'm in Las Vegas. Mine went from Chattanooga to Chicago, then to a rail yard in San Bernardino. Once they hit the yard they're supposed to be loaded on a truck within 5 days and transported to the dealer. Mine arrived at the dealership 11/17/22.

I assume yours will take pretty much the same route with the exception that BNSF should take it to Richmond, CA instead of San Bernardino. There contractor American Auto Works will likely unload it and load it on a truck for final delivery.

So if it took 36 days from 11/23/22, I'd predict it'll be to dealership by 12/29/22. Keep in mind this is holiday season, so not sure if that will introduce further delays.
That sounds about right, thanks for providing some insight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts