Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
231 Posts
Great find. So what's a "flitzer"?

Note that it shows "LESS" adjacent to "stitching on dash" and "illuminated logo" for the 1st Edition. No illuminated logo would be a bummer.

·
202 Posts
I could be wrong but, I read somewhere the USA does not allow logo to be lit? It may only be a foreign thing.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition (on order), 2012 CC Sport, 1986 Golf (former), 1967 Beetle (former)
231 Posts
I could be wrong but, I read somewhere the USA does not allow logo to be lit? It may only be a foreign thing.
That's Germany that disallows it. Totally legal in US.

·
138 Posts
I wonder if Nissan will be taking a similar approach with the Ariya by targeting those same high volume vehicles. Because going after the Model Y right away is a tall order. Performance is unmatched but not all that necessary for everyone. Most regular folks won't put it to use.

Now this has me thinking how many ID.4 will get sold.

Any guesses?

Oh, and this is a segment that moves 4 million a year in the U.S.

"This is the heart of the U.S. car market in terms of sales, it's 4 million sales a year, something like 35 million sitting in driveways right now. It's the RAV4, it's our Tiguan, it's the Honda CR-V, and frankly, there is no electric vehicle sitting there. And if you look at what our dealers are excited about, it's to have a tool that no one else has, and then let's go take advantage of that."

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Google translates FLITZER to SPEEDSTER.

“Note that it shows "LESS" adjacent to "stitching on dash" and "illuminated logo" for the 1st Edition. No illuminated logo would be a bummer.”

I think that’s true for the 1st edition.

·
19 Posts
I wonder if Nissan will be taking a similar approach with the Ariya by targeting those same high volume vehicles. Because going after the Model Y right away is a tall order. Performance is unmatched but not all that necessary for everyone. Most regular folks won't put it to use.

Actually I think Nissan is going directly after the Model Y. The performance of the Ariya as announced is comparable to the standard Model Y in terms of 0 to 60 times. Ariya has an intriguing 4 wheel drive system that promises excellent handling and the car’s price is below Tesla. Add the looks of the car both inside and out, which I find very attractive and the knowledge gained through 10 years of Leaf manufacture and Tesla will be getting some serious competition.

·
269 Posts
Great find @mryflyguy! From this document not only is VW going after the Model Y it seems like they're trying to pry people away from the RAV-4 and CR-V as well.

·
24 Posts
The Ariya is just so ugly looking with that faux grill. Good to have competition, but I am a pass.

·
269 Posts
The Ariya is just so ugly looking with that faux grill. Good to have competition, but I am a pass.
It's a very interesting styling choice by Nissan to say the least. I think it will do well for them but not as well as the ID.4 will do for VW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts