Volkswagen ID Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
1,771 Posts
In case anybody else is curious about the Destination Charge as it relates to the Monroney, take a look at this thread from this here very forum from the ID.4 rollout last March.

·
43 Posts
People will pay whatever if they don't want to wait for the car. MSRP if you pre-order plus likely dealer add-ons. I'd be sure to inform dealer NOT to add anything to car. Cancelled cars on the lot command a premium. I agreed to 2k over MSRP. Gets me my exact car end of the month instead of early February and no tax credit for 2021.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
People will pay whatever if they don't want to wait for the car. MSRP if you pre-order plus likely dealer add-ons. I'd be sure to inform dealer NOT to add anything to car. Cancelled cars on the lot command a premium. I agreed to 2k over MSRP. Gets me my exact car end of the month instead of early February and no tax credit for 2021.
I have informed them that I do not want them to add anything to the car. I don't want any dealer emblem or anything placed at all! Thank you for the reminder!

·
43 Posts
I have informed them that I do not want them to add anything to the car. I don't want any dealer emblem or anything placed at all! Thank you for the reminder!
That would include in writing request not to mount any license plate front or rear since temp plates in back often drilled into bumper. As to paint protection, door guards, etc. that's up to dealer or not. I was told if you make request before car comes in to port my dealer will leave off.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
That would include in writing request not to mount any license plate front or rear since temp plates in back often drilled into bumper. As to paint protection, door guards, etc. that's up to dealer or not. I was told if you make request before car comes in to port my dealer will leave off.
Unfortunately my state requires front and rear plates on the bumper. :-(

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Sorry didn't have the link in front of me at the time:

·
2 Posts
Can anyone beat a $11,890 dealer markup on this lease offer I received this morning for an actual car on the lot. The salesperson said "Yes The climate has greatly changed the industry"

Are there really any dealers anywhere that are doing MSRP? Sounds hard to believe. I think someone commented that when other EVs become available, the conversion of deposits to purchases is going to decline on the ID.4 because of this crazy buying structure. We're going to wait for the market to settle, the chip shortage to improve, and the Arriya, Ioniq 5, EV6, and Toyota to hit the market, and then figure out what to buy.
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

·
ID.4 Pro S Gradient (Kings Red) - Reserved 11/10/21
200 Posts
We're going to wait for the market to settle, the chip shortage to improve, and the Arriya, Ioniq 5, EV6, and Toyota to hit the market, and then figure out what to buy.
Toyota is the worst of them all. I refuse to buy another Toyota after my recent experience with the RAV4 Prime (but will get VW a second chance with the ID.4 - have red Pro S on order). Toyota dealers run a cartel with the distributor and collude to price-fix by all agreeing to the same $5K or $10K markup.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Can anyone beat a $11,890 dealer markup on this lease offer I received this morning for an actual car on the lot. The salesperson said "Yes The climate has greatly changed the industry"

Are there really any dealers anywhere that are doing MSRP? Sounds hard to believe. I think someone commented that when other EVs become available, the conversion of deposits to purchases is going to decline on the ID.4 because of this crazy buying structure. We're going to wait for the market to settle, the chip shortage to improve, and the Arriya, Ioniq 5, EV6, and Toyota to hit the market, and then figure out what to buy.
Read through this thread and look at the suggestions of the group. Contact VW and put the pressure on the dealership. They are making money at MSRP (MSRP-Invoice=Profit). Hold your ground! Good luck to you!

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S Red
186 Posts
Are there really any dealers anywhere that are doing MSRP? Sounds hard to believe.
Yes, I got MSRP, though that was back in August. I made it clear when I moved my order to my eventual dealer. I expect MSRP and the same lease deal being offered on the web site. In return, I talk my dealership up (VW of Bellingham, WA, ask for Kelly) and make it clear they've built a relationship with me. They could easily have sold my ID.4 (first red one anyone there had ever seen) for over MSRP, but they stuck to our deal.

·
2001, ID.4 AWD PRO S
2 Posts
Hello all,

I just received a call that my ID.4 Pro S is expected to be at the dealership in the next few days!! I'm very excited!! The "sales consultant" for my purchase (who has not had any part of the sale of this vehicle) sent over the "price sheet" for my car. I am very confused as to what the heck I am looking at as it is nowhere near the price of the car I was expecting when I reserved. I have included a copy of the breakdown below. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

If I look at my reservation right now I see:
Model: ID.4 Pro S (Statement)
Package: Gradient
MSRP: $50,009

I fully expected that they would try to tack on some additional markup but this is insane to me. The notice on the VW site shows: "Starting MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) excludes transportation, taxes, title, other options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price."

Anybody have some thoughts or experience with this? Please help!!

View attachment 7322

Update #1:
I appreciate all of your input! It has been helpful! I'll continue to take you along for the ride as I work through this issue. Here is the initial response I got when expressing my thoughts about the initial price sheet:

Wish me luck!!

Update #2:
The sales manager has stepped in and replied to my last email, which he wasn't included on. They cut the original sales person out of the chain too. Here's his reply:

I've removed their names to not make it "personal" but this guy has provided no help so far. I replied back and told them that I have no interest in buying it with a mark-up and that if they can't get it to MSRP they can transfer it to a different dealership to complete the sale.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, right? Doubtful that this will be done at this point but I shot my shot at least!

Update #3:
The dealership has not responded to my last email. Somebody who saw my post reached out to me today to let me know that the dealership called them this morning letting them know that they had a PRO S AWD expected to be delivered and was wondering if they were interested. I have to assume that this is my vehicle that they are trying to line up a new buyer for. I was able to get a copy of my monroney sticker today to show what the actual MSRP is on the car:

View attachment 7378

The dealership that shared the sticker picture with me also discussed the fact that the dealership is definitely making money on the sale at MSRP and that they are surprised that they have not got in trouble with VW over this. Here's hoping that I am the catalyst that gets them in trouble!

Update #4:

I wrote an email last night to the General Sales Manager at the dealership and received a call this morning to discuss. Without too much effort I was offered an MSRP sale with the stipulation that I use VW financing to purchase the vehicle. I had not decided on what path I would take for financing at this time so I am not against this as an option.

I was also offered the option of leasing the vehicle which would allow the dealership to take the tax incentives off of the "purchase price" of the vehicle. I have never leased a vehicle before and I fully intend to purchase the car, does anybody have any thoughts on this as an option? I have zero concern about being able to meet the tax burden this year to be able to utilize the tax incentive on my year end taxes either. Thoughts?
I didn't pay a penny more for my AWD Pro S than what was listed on the website the whole time I was waiting for it to arrive.

·
4 Posts
Agreed...

Even the "Multnomah Fee" seems off if this is what it is...
"Residents of Multnomah County pay an additional fee when they renew their Oregon motor vehicle registration every two years. As of January 1, 2021, the two-year county fee is $112 for cars and pickup trucks, or $78 for motorcycles."

So it looks like they doubled the fee unless that is a 4 year registration they are selling you.

·
4 Posts
In Oregon license plates on new cars are good for four years. You will not need to renew your registration until 2025, so the fee would be for the four years. When you renew the term is for two years. I purchased my ProS from a dealer in Clackamas County ( where I reside) in September so I was not subject to the Multnomah County tax. I paid $756.50 for title and registration, $374.72 for the CAT tax, $187.00 for a title fee and $115.00 for an electronic filing fee for a total of $1433.22. I paid the MSRP of $46,024 for a total of $47,457.22 out the door.

·
17 Posts
Hello all,

I just received a call that my ID.4 Pro S is expected to be at the dealership in the next few days!! I'm very excited!! The "sales consultant" for my purchase (who has not had any part of the sale of this vehicle) sent over the "price sheet" for my car. I am very confused as to what the heck I am looking at as it is nowhere near the price of the car I was expecting when I reserved. I have included a copy of the breakdown below. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I fully expected that they would try to tack on some additional markup but this is insane to me. The notice on the VW site shows: "Starting MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) excludes transportation, taxes, title, other options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price."

View attachment 7322

Update #1:
I appreciate all of your input! It has been helpful! I'll continue to take you along for the ride as I work through this issue. Here is the initial response I got when expressing my thoughts about the initial price sheet:

Wish me luck!!

Update #2:
The sales manager has stepped in and replied to my last email, which he wasn't included on. They cut the original sales person out of the chain too. Here's his reply:

I've removed their names to not make it "personal" but this guy has provided no help so far. I replied back and told them that I have no interest in buying it with a mark-up and that if they can't get it to MSRP they can transfer it to a different dealership to complete the sale.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, right? Doubtful that this will be done at this point but I shot my shot at least!

Update #3:
The dealership has not responded to my last email. Somebody who saw my post reached out to me today to let me know that the dealership called them this morning letting them know that they had a PRO S AWD expected to be delivered and was wondering if they were interested. I have to assume that this is my vehicle that they are trying to line up a new buyer for. I was able to get a copy of my monroney sticker today to show what the actual MSRP is on the car:

View attachment 7378

The dealership that shared the sticker picture with me also discussed the fact that the dealership is definitely making money on the sale at MSRP and that they are surprised that they have not got in trouble with VW over this. Here's hoping that I am the catalyst that gets them in trouble!

Update #4:

I wrote an email last night to the General Sales Manager at the dealership and received a call this morning to discuss. Without too much effort I was offered an MSRP sale with the stipulation that I use VW financing to purchase the vehicle. I had not decided on what path I would take for financing at this time so I am not against this as an option.

I was also offered the option of leasing the vehicle which would allow the dealership to take the tax incentives off of the "purchase price" of the vehicle. I have never leased a vehicle before and I fully intend to purchase the car, does anybody have any thoughts on this as an option? I have zero concern about being able to meet the tax burden this year to be able to utilize the tax incentive on my year end taxes either. Thoughts?
Are all those "FEES" common in OR, or just this dealer? I lived in Lane County and sold cars there. Don't ever recall imposing a county fee. We did have outrageous dealer markups. Of course, this was early 80s, gas crunch, Honda dealer. Couldn't keep the on the lot. I sold a few with the markup, but, mostly negotiated it down to a little over MSRP. Good luck. BTW, my MSRP was $50,870, Doc Fee of $699, NC EV penalty tax of $248, Hwy Use Tax of $1,532.07, Deposit $-500. Out the door at $52,849.07. Same car, but no mats. 😡
Good luck. You will love the car.

·
7 Posts
Hello all,

View attachment 7322

Update #1:

Wish me luck!!

Update #2:

Update #3:

View attachment 7378

Update #4:

Hello all,

View attachment 7322

Update #1:

Wish me luck!!

Update #2:

Update #3:

View attachment 7378

Update #4:

If it was me I would not do it. Find another dealer. There are plenty of ID4’ s out there. The price seems if they added in the tax credit to the price. Find a different dealer. I purchased the first edition and had the same issue with other dealers trying to charge premium prices. My local dealer did a great job on the deal. I looked at dealers in four different states

41 - 60 of 77 Posts