Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
1,322 Posts
...when the close is triggered by the foot it depends in which direction you walk away. if i walk to the right side i had to go like 20 feet. it simple depends on the proximity detection of the key fob. as we know RF is a tricky thing. ...
I doubt it's the key, 20 feet is a long way and it sounds like something else is up.

Mine is about two steps back, any direction, and even if I don't have the key on me. I often don't have my key on me when I run down to help my wife unload the grocery haul and the kick procedure never varies, key or not. The big factor seems to be how near the ID.4 is parked to the next car (parallel street parking), but when they're close, it also squeezes my pathway out, and sometimes it just doesn't close.

·
105 Posts
I doubt it's the key, 20 feet is a long way and it sounds like something else is up.

Mine is about two steps back, any direction, and even if I don't have the key on me. I often don't have my key on me when I run down to help my wife unload the grocery haul and the kick procedure never varies, key or not. The big factor seems to be how near the ID.4 is parked to the next car (parallel street parking), but when they're close, it also squeezes my pathway out, and sometimes it just doesn't close.
i checked again. i ark in front of my garage door, i initiate the hatch close by foot and walk away on the right side inside the garage about 20 feet and hatch does not close. that is consistent behavior. to me that means it does not work as it should.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
1,322 Posts
Right, I agree with you, not normal behavior. I was suggesting you try with and without your key, since you were suggesting you're thinking it may be a factor.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts