Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what speakers ID 4 will be equipped? In addition, does ID 4 have a lidar sensor? I would hope ID 4 is more future-proof.

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
93 Posts
I saw in one review they were Harmon Kardon speakers. This review (Volkswagen ID.4 First Look - YouTube ), about 2:55 in.
Interesting. In Kyle's review of the interior those were absent. You can see at 3:02 of
that there is no speaker in that location on the rear door. However, at 1:30 of
there is again a speaker there. Both vehicles are pre-production 1st Editions, too.

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
93 Posts
I see in the pdf linked in ID.4 Trim Differentiation they have those rear speakers specifically crossed out. So, I think that means they removed them from the US version, even if a few of the review cars had them at some point. If so, they may have also downgraded the audio system in the rest of the car.

·
89 Posts
I see in the pdf linked in ID.4 Trim Differentiation they have those rear speakers specifically crossed out. So, I think that means they removed them from the US version, even if a few of the review cars had them at some point. If so, they may have also downgraded the audio system in the rest of the car.
Ah yes, that's the document that I recall seeing the information in. As it says, the US model ID4 gets a base non-premium audio system for all trims (yay more cost cutting 😒).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts