Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
414 Posts
A little more info? RWD or AWD? Pro or Pro S or Pro S Plus? Confused which one is ID.4S

·
414 Posts
abdur.iqbal mentioned ID.4 S, is the MSRP $42,495 ~ 62 KW RWD loaded up version of the Standard. It's all listed clearly on the VW website 😉
My bad - wasn't even thinking of the Standard Trim.

·
1 Posts
First time long time, I talked with VW rsvp yesterday. I voiced my concern about why I have not seen a lock yet with my switched 2023 plus model AWD.(reserved early May) They told me not to worry. In the next few weeks locks are coming for everyone......(ok) I told them if I don't have the car by Jan 1st I wont be able to afford it with the tax credit issues and they told me their lobbyist or whatever told them the car is expect to get not only the USA made rebate but it will also qualify for the Battery section as well....take it for what its worth. I'm just sitting here waiting kind of patiently like everyone else...
2023 AWD Pro S Plus Pure Grey

·
2019 Leaf SL+, waiting on an ID.4 AWD ProS, Dusk Blue
597 Posts
abdur.iqbal mentioned ID.4 S, is the MSRP $42,495 ~ 62 KW RWD loaded up version of the Standard. It's all listed clearly on the VW website 😉
This is my configuration. I originally ordered it as a 2022 at the end of June and then it converted to a 2023 in early August. I opted for the smaller battery model at that time. I just locked this morning.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It appears that ID.4 pro models that requires large batteries have a long wait time. Standard 2023 Models with smaller batteries are in for a quick lock.
Accordingly, my estimated delivery is January 2023

·
597 Posts
It appears that ID.4 pro models that requires large batteries have a long wait time. Standard 2023 Models with smaller batteries are in for a quick lock.
Accordingly, my estimated delivery is January 2023
Although originally they said they wouldn't start building these until 11/14/2022. I wonder if that date has changed.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Again that’s just an estimated date. Honestly I wouldn’t take VW estimate for granted. I don’t mind waiting another six months because I know I will be eligible to get Federal and state TAX credit . VW ID.4 will be made in Tennessee plant.

·
597 Posts
Again that’s just an estimated date. Honestly I wouldn’t take VW estimate for granted. I don’t mind waiting another six months because I know I will be eligible to get Federal and state TAX credit . VW ID.4 will be made in Tennessee plant.
My understanding is that if the car is built in TN and you get it this year, you'll get the $7500 tax credit. If you receive it in 2023, then might be only half the tax credit because of the uncertainty about the battery materials. Did you hear something different?

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,380 Posts
A lock just means you cannot change your order, which lets them start the production planning process. Remember its been averaging 5 months from lock to production. They could try to bring that down with TN, if they start making those for customers on 11-19 that is 2 months lock to production. This would be great since it would mean they somehow cut the time in less than half, anything is possible and we are just speculating with no words at all from VW.

·
597 Posts
Congratulations! Are you keeping both Leafs? A three-EV household?
I sort of feel like the race is on! Which car gets here first and which one ultimately pleases me the most. The 2023 Leaf and the 2023 ID.4 S have the same size batteries and thus I am guessing the same range. Some of the points I have been thinking about (I put a plus sign after the things I prefer)

LeafID.4
DrivetrainFWD +RWD
HeatpumpYes +No
True one pedal drivinge-Pedal +Unsure
SeatsClothLeatherette +
Body style and size -- both of these are fine with meHatchbackSUV (a little bigger)
Ability to add a roof rackUncertainI think so +
Arrival datePotentially as soon as Oct 4 +12/1/022 - 1/1/2023
Federal tax rebate of $7500Definitely yes +Possibly yes, if arrives before the end of the year
Efficiency Maine rebate of $2000Yes, if I buy in ME (I also have an order in NH); must buy by 12/31Yes, if in ME and before the end of the year
Dealer distanceIf I buy in NH, 75 miles away; I don't like the local Nissan dealer.
The other one I have ordered in Maine is even further away than the NH dealer!
Close by in ME +

The plan is to trade in my husband's Tiguan. My daughter would keep her Jetta (which would be one ICE car in the driveway, in case of an emergency). So I am going to have to decide between the Leaf and the ID.4, but fortunately, I have time.

Thoughts are welcome!

·
61 Posts
I sort of feel like the race is on! Which car gets here first and which one ultimately pleases me the most. The 2023 Leaf and the 2023 ID.4 S have the same size batteries and thus I am guessing the same range. Some of the points I have been thinking about (I put a plus sign after the things I prefer)

LeafID.4
DrivetrainFWD +RWD
HeatpumpYes +No
SeatsClothLeatherette +
Body style and size -- both of these are fine with meHatchbackSUV (a little bigger)
Federal tax rebate of $7500Definitely yes +Possibly yes, if arrives before the end of the year
Efficiency Maine rebate of $2000Yes, if I buy in ME (I also have an order in NH); must buy by 12/31Yes, if in ME and before the end of the year
Dealer distanceIf I buy in NH, 75 miles away; I don't like the local Nissan dealer.
Close by in ME +

The plan is to trade in my husband's Tiguan. My daughter would keep her Jetta (which would be one ICE car in the driveway, in case of an emergency). So I am going to have to decide between the Leaf and the ID.4, but fortunately, I have time.

Thoughts are welcome!
I'm in the same boat. I have a leaf ordered as well and just locked the smaller battery ID 4. My primary motivation is to get the tax credit. But honestly, I would prefer the ID 4. It just seems like a nicer car than the leaf and I really don't like black interiors. Especially when it's 100 plus degrees in the summer. So if they both look like they will arrive by years end I will pick the ID 4.

·
14 Posts

LeafID.4
DrivetrainFWD +RWD
HeatpumpYes +No
SeatsClothLeatherette +
Close by in ME +

Thoughts are welcome!
I'm in the same boat. I have a leaf ordered as well and just locked the smaller battery ID 4. My primary motivation is to get the tax credit. But honestly, I would prefer the ID 4. It just seems like a nicer car than the leaf and I really don't like black interiors. Especially when it's 100 plus degrees in the summer. So if they both look like they will arrive by years end I will pick the ID 4.

With CHAdeMO fast charging slowly going away, I would only get the ID.4.

·
14 Posts
I wonder if my basic “Standard” will be set to place your order/lock by the end of the month or if the higher trim “S” will be quicker to market.

Place my order on August 7th.
I reserved 3 vehicles. 2 different dealers. 2 ID.4 S trim. 1 from each dealer. 1 ID.4 Standard. Both ID.4 S we’re available to lock, again from 2 different dealers. ID.4 Standard is not available to lock. I locked a Silver S and canceled the 2nd S reservation. I still have the Standard reservation.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts