Volkswagen ID Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
4 Posts
I wonder if my basic “Standard” will be set to place your order/lock by the end of the month or if the higher trim “S” will be quicker to market.

Place my order on August 7th.
Hard to say on which might be quicker to market. I know higher trim levels almost always make a carmaker more money and be trims they want to prioritize, but the extra bells and whistles make the S more vulnerable to supply chain issues.

·
2023 ID.4 AWD Pro S reserved 8/26/22
30 Posts
Be patient they say, after a waiting a month and a half. My time from reservation to lock was 8 months, and I wasn't even one with an exceptionally long wait between those steps.

laughs in early Tesla Model 3 reservation

Months? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

·
30 Posts
LOL, yep, I still have a cybertruck reservation I haven't gotten around to cancelling yet on the off chance it doesn't take another million years and isn't insanely expensive.
The wife still has a CT reservation.

I just remember going 2 years and 5 months between reserving a Model 3 and delivery day.

She'll easily beat that if it ever comes at all, but I get amused hearing people talk about how many months they've waited for a ID 4.

I'm hoping VW learned from that.

·
30 Posts
Anyone who ordered a Model 3 and expected it to show up in any timely fashion is just plain dumb. Tesla never had a track record of delivering within their stated window when they announce something.

Fair, but it makes the complaints in here seem silly.

And Tesla at least fixes UI glitches with OTA..... 🤔

·
1,215 Posts
Again that’s just an estimated date. Honestly I wouldn’t take VW estimate for granted. I don’t mind waiting another six months because I know I will be eligible to get Federal and state TAX credit . VW ID.4 will be made in Tennessee plant.
We know nothing yet about the 2023 ID.4 qualification for tax credit for cars delivered in 2023. It likely will be $0 or $3750, but we do not know yet. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand the issues involved.

Dave

·
30 Posts
We know nothing yet about the 2023 ID.4 qualification for tax credit for cars delivered in 2023. It likely will be $0 or $3750, but we do not know yet. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand the issues involved.

Dave
To be fair, the people who wrote, passed, and signed the law seem to know just as much about it as we do

21 - 28 of 28 Posts