Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a link to VW of America's "ID.4 Trim Differentiation" document scanned into PDF format (it is like the 1990's all over again).

PDF Here.

No idea who has seen this information (sorry if this has been posted before) but from what I can see it helps clarify a few things and shows what the differences are between each trim level.

A few things to point out, I asked the VWOA rep yesterday if the Pro model would have the ski pass thru and he wasn't sure. I am still holding up hope that it is standard since every VW seems to have it.

Also, I asked if you can run the front motor only on the AWD version he didn't know that either.

Please let me know if there is any issues with opening this PDF.

Thanks.

·
330 Posts
Great information here @salant76! One quirky thing that stands out to me is that you get less ambient lighting combinations in the Pro than the Pro S and 1st edition.

·
633 Posts
Below is a link to VW of America's "ID.4 Trim Differentiation" document scanned into PDF format (it is like the 1990's all over again).

PDF Here.

A few things to point out, I asked the VWOA rep yesterday if the Pro model would have the ski pass thru and he wasn't sure. I am still holding up hope that it is standard since every VW seems to have it.
Looking the PDF, it looks like you need to step up to the Statement package to get the ski pass thru.

Reactions: Huey52

·
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ixlr08,

I know at this point it is just hope. After seeing this document yesterday I am really leaning towards the Pro AWD.

·
633 Posts
I know at this point it is just hope. After seeing this document yesterday I am really leaning towards the Pro AWD.
I am retired and I have decided to spoil myself and go for the AWD w/Statement. I am hoping there is a way to get the 360 view and the Matrix headlights, I don't care much about the HUD. The 360 will be hard to come by if not from the factory, but I think an upgrade to the Matrix is possible, just need to find a source for the hardware. While we are dreaming, I am really going out on a limb and hoping the headlights are the Matrix hardware and they just need to be enabled in the software.

Reactions: Huey52

·
Proud FE owner
970 Posts
While we are dreaming, I am really going out on a limb and hoping the headlights are the Matrix hardware and they just need to be enabled in the software.
I think this is the case. The headlights sure looked this way when I saw them at a viewing.

Reactions: ChristophW

·
108 Posts
What is considered as the "base" audio system? I would assume it is more than just SAT radio? Right? FM and AM?

·
633 Posts
What is considered as the "base" audio system? I would assume it is more than just SAT radio? Right? FM and AM?
That seems to be a fuzzy area, although looking at the latest configuration sheet posted here, it looks like you don't get SAT radio until you upgrade to the Statement package. I hope I am wrong about this.

·
Proud FE owner
970 Posts
The matrix headlights are noted in the launch video at 10:15. Just need to clear regulatory approval to turn them on.

Reactions: ted99 and Huey52

·
44 Posts
Thanks for this Salant76. It has some new info that surprised me: the non-Gradient/1st models will have also have the contrasting color trim on the C-pillar and up to the A-pillar, but in black instead of silver, like on the Gradient/1st models. (It'd be nice if there were pictures of a model other than the 1st somewhere.) This makes me reconsider my choice of blue, I might go with white instead. This is also the first time I've seen the 19" wheels. They don't look as sharp as the 20's in the picture but I'll hold off judgement until I see them in person (or in a better picture).

·
633 Posts
The matrix headlights are noted in the launch video at 10:15. Just need to clear regulatory approval to turn them on.
Right/left swiveling headlights are not the same as the Matrix headlights, or did I miss something?

·
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Chipster & @ixlr08,

The base Pro gets just FM & AM with no SAT radio based on the info I have seen. The higher end trims do get SAT. The "base" audio system might mean the number and quality of speakers.

Under "media" section of the radio there was bluetooth and another option (do not recall the name of it). Not sure if that second option is like VW's current Jukebox which allows you to download music(media) files from your phone or USB stick.

Would be nice to see VW add a few streaming options on since the ID.4 can get 4G data on it.

·
Proud FE owner
970 Posts
Right/left swiveling headlights are not the same as the Matrix headlights, or did I miss something?
That's the IQ.Light matrix hardware. Same as provides this functionality (and then some) in the European models.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
456 Posts
That's the IQ.Light matrix hardware. Same as provides this functionality (and then some) in the European models.
I also see the statement about “Poor Weather Ligjts” which is also only ever discussed in regards to Matrix headlights, I think.

·
95 Posts
Swiveling headlights and matrix headlights are completely separate technologies. Think of the matrix light as a projector. Portions of the light (like a screen) can be dimmed based on oncoming traffic. The swiveling lights just enables a greater side to side range for the matrix lighting. Just like the myriad of other features, I'm fairly certain VW cut the matrix feature for the US to save even more cost. It doesn't make sense to include the more expensive hardware if regulations don't allow for it currently.

·
633 Posts
Swiveling headlights and matrix headlights are completely separate technologies. Think of the matrix light as a projector. Portions of the light (like a screen) can be dimmed based on oncoming traffic. The swiveling lights just enables a greater side to side range for the matrix lighting. Just like the myriad of other features, I'm fairly certain VW cut the matrix feature for the US to save even more cost. It doesn't make sense to include the more expensive hardware if regulations don't allow for it currently.
I knew the difference between the US swiveling lights and the European Matrix lights. I guess I was not clear that I was wondering if I had missed something in the video.
The BMW X5 w/LED lights are shipped to the US and Europe with the same light assembly and with some coding the European Matrix equivalent can be activated for the US vehicles. I was hoping the ID.4 might be the same.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts