Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have information from an eyewitness that 2023 vehicles are being loaded on trains and being transported to dealers. Those of you waiting should get good news shortly. I found a YouTube video from several years ago that shows Passats being loaded on a train at Chattanooga. A worker states in the video that 550 to 600 cars can be loaded a day. I don't have information about how many ID.4s are being loaded.

·
2,161 Posts
I have information from an eyewitness that 2023 vehicles are being loaded on trains and being transported to dealers. Those of you waiting should get good news shortly. I found a YouTube video from several years ago that shows Passats being loaded on a train at Chattanooga. A worker states in the video that 550 to 600 cars can be loaded a day. I don't have information about how many ID.4s are being loaded.

Ok, who is peeking over our fence. 😂

·
1,501 Posts
Ours is one of these! Yah!

Bound for the west coast, Portland specifically. Anyone willing to guesstimate how long it will take to get to Portland?
3 weeks is my guess. One train change.

Dave

Reactions: Reelist

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
5,230 Posts
Still will go down as delivered in Q3 though. :) Bottle up all the bad news about how poorly delivery was for Q2 so you can say we've turned a corner and things are improving.
I've been (an still) really curious how they're going to manage this given all of the 22s still in the pipeline.

I really did expect a hard cutoff of Zwickau cars to get a clean break before the 23s were released, but also expected that doing do would wreck their Q3 sales numbers.

At this point it looks like they're gambling the 22s will sell, and frankly, if they end up having to discount them slightly – rebates or promotional APRs – that would be better than artificially disrupting the supply after a ridiculous first half.

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
It's pretty amazing to consider that prior to aircraft in early WWI the French invented the use of tethered hot air balloons to observe troop trench movements. Now everyone can have an untethered drone. Heck, I get a lot of 'hood intel just from my doorbell camera. 🤪
Yeah, in the age of drones, it is awfully hard to keep anything hidden. Ask the Russkis!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts