Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 365 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VW's eMobility team reports they are monitoring this forum. Perhaps we can maintain a list of bugs in this thread, prior to the next system software update. I believe at launch all North American ID.4s are on software version 0792.

To discusso / comment on any items in this thread please direct your post to the companion thread :

·
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Blank Center Screen

The center screen started up blank after coming off Level 1 charging. When shifting to reverse, the camera display appeared in the proper position, but once in drive, the screen returned to blank and remained this way for the entire drive. This problem self corrected after checking about an hour after parking.

·
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Charging Handle Unlock

After exiting the car and plugging in the charging handle, the car was locked with the key fob. While the car was continuing to charge (partial charge ~30%), and after unlocking the doors at the door handle, the charging handle button remained locked (unable to depress it to cancel charging). It required an unlock command from the key fob to unlock the charging handle button to terminate charging.

·
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Headlights Are On" Warning Message while Exiting Car

Exiting the car with the headlights in Auto, the warning message "Headlights Are On" appeared. We had played with the headlight switch settings at the start of the drive, but they were changed back to Auto prior to parking. I don't recall if manually switching the headlights of OFF cleared the message.

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
131 Posts
Apple Carplay audio bug

After pairing phone #1 and phone #2 with Apple Carplay, play music or a podcast using phone #1. On the next drive, only phone #2 is present (and connected to Carplay) and the radio is on. Stop and pick up the person with phone #1, and their podcast starts playing through the car's speakers ON TOP of the radio. Since phone #2 was connected to Carply, if you go to the Carplay menu it only shows audio for phone #2. If you turn off the car's audio, it shuts off the radio but KEEPS PLAYING the music or podcast from phone #1. If the car's audio is turned back on, it will resume playing the radio in addition to the music or podcast from phone #1. The only way we could get phone #1 to stop playing through the car's speakers was through phone #1.

·
ID 4 First Edition - Black
67 Posts
1. Touch screen 100% non responsive until reboot - The touch screen came on black and took a very long time to display anything. Once it did...no touch input at all. All other buttons worked and the display information updated/changed (not frozen) but touch capability...nope. Had to let it fully power down and reboot before it worked.

2. ID Talk frozen/non responsive. I was testing different ID.Talk commands in my driveway and then suddenly it stopped responding. The icon was blinking on the screen as if it was listening, but it didnt hear anything I said, and didnt react to button press (or attempts to touch the touchscreen). I even filmed a 2-3 minute video where I turned off the car, got out, and got back in and it was still sitting there "waiting" for me to talk. Had to fully shut down the car computer and reboot it.

3. Android Audio volume issue. When connected via USB cable to android audio I am able to lower the volume but not increase it (tried steering wheel and other controls). If i disconnect the phone I can immediately raise volume, and when I plug back in it stays at the higher setting. But still no ability to increase volume.

·
2021 First Edition
177 Posts
I posted about this in another thread, but including it here.

When stopped on an incline, the car seems to disengage the throttle and come to a complete stop before it rolls back. Sometimes there's a "clunk" when this happens. In order to get moving again, I have to hit the accelerator to re-engage the motor. This often causes the car to lurch forward slightly. This could be a problem when in stop/go traffic and when parking on inclines. It would be nice to be able to have finer control of the motor/throttle on hills. Right now, the transition is too abrupt.

·
134 Posts
Charging Handle Unlock

After exiting the car and plugging in the charging handle, the car was locked with the key fob. While the car was continuing to charge (partial charge ~30%), and after unlocking the doors at the door handle, the charging handle button remained locked (unable to depress it to cancel charging). It required an unlock command from the key fob to unlock the charging handle button to terminate charging.
Is this a “bug” or is this just the need for a double unlock? My experience with PHEV and EV is it requires a double unlock.

·
ID.4 1st Edition
168 Posts
Infotainment system crashed (screen went blank, non-responsive) when I pressed the “phone” button while driving. It rebooted on its own after 30 seconds. The lag problem was nothing compared to this crashing-and-rebooting problem. It has happened twice so far in two days of owning it.

·
554 Posts
My first try at charging, with my iPhone, I couldn't get EA to work. With 800 online help we got the charger to charge.
Anyway, (at twilight) the ID light indicated level of charge and moving charging indication in green.
Since that first charge, I haven't seen the ID light indicate any level or charging activity.
As far as I can find, the only ID light adjustment is brightness.
Granted, I've only charged during the day since, but I expected the ID light to still indicate charging.
Could this be a bug, or am I too old (I've had both my COVID-19 vaccinations) to figure this out?

·
ID.4 1st blue
122 Posts
Anyway, (at twilight) the ID light indicated level of charge and moving charging indication in green.
Since that first charge, I haven't seen the ID light indicate any level or charging activity.
As far as I can find, the only ID light adjustment is brightness.
From what I can tell, it only stays on when you are sitting in the car during charging (like at a fast charging station) and for a very short time after you plug in if you are not. I assume this is by design since there's no need to have it one while the car is charging alone in the garage or wherever.

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
213 Posts
New bug to report that initially LarryC reported and expanded on. Menu items that are present after an infotainment reboots but disappears after starting the car. Many of the options shown are referenced in the manual.

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
213 Posts
Edit: Not a bug. Regular surface streets do not show cars to the right and left, but highways do.

New bug to report. Sometime yesterday my Travel Assist yellow warning came on and I was unable to use it again until I cleaned the windscreen and restarted the car. Previously while using it the drivers display showed cars to the left and to the right of me as well as in front of me. After this anomaly the drivers display only shows cars in front of me and does not show any of the lanes next to me when using travel assist. I have no idea how to get that functionality back. All of the Assist Systems are on and I have no warnings. Travel Assist appears to work just fine.

·
79 Posts
Audio volume control problem. I haven't figured out how to replicate it yet, but it's happened several times. When I'm attempting to change the volume for the radio it instead says "Voice Op" and I have to fiddle with it a bit (activating google voice search fixed it once) to get the radio volume to be the one changing. Might be related to Android Auto.

Reactions: TPG

·
18 Posts
Audio volume control problem. I haven't figured out how to replicate it yet, but it's happened several times. When I'm attempting to change the volume for the radio it instead says "Voice Op" and I have to fiddle with it a bit (activating google voice search fixed it once) to get the radio volume to be the one changing. Might be related to Android Auto.
I sometimes have the same bug and have attributed it to Android Auto. It never happens if I only use BT. Activating voice assistance and immediately cancel fixes it.

·
ID.4 FE GW
492 Posts
3. Android Audio volume issue. When connected via USB cable to android audio I am able to lower the volume but not increase it (tried steering wheel and other controls). If i disconnect the phone I can immediately raise volume, and when I plug back in it stays at the higher setting. But still no ability to increase volume.
I have had this problem also.

·
79 Posts
found an odd bug. In the US with measurements set to miles. Several times looking at the charging screen I've seen km/min. When charging it shows mph.

1 - 20 of 365 Posts