Volkswagen ID Forum banner
321 - 340 of 365 Posts

·
2021 1st
776 Posts
Interestingly, had my VW Double Check Service (w/in 5K/60-days) today and there were NO STORED CODES. So, that means that was a software issue somewhere where no fault was thrown.
Did you scan it yourself?

I have VCDS so I know for a fact I had dozens of stored codes even though the first two visits claimed there were none. The extent of the issues weren't noted until I sent all of my data to the regional manager on the 3rd visit.

·
id.4 White FE
14 Posts
Desired charge time function of location not working properly.
I set up my home as a location and desired time to charge to make use of my time of use power plan.
Unfortunately, there is no rime or reason on when it actually starts to charge, if at all. When I set up one window from 2300-0700 it started to charge toward the end of my desired time and only made it to 71% charge when I requested 80%.
When I tried to set up different length of desired times to force it to think that the desired times are over several times during the night. It started charging right away in a one hour window, but windows longer than one hours didn’t start charging at the beginning of the desired time. With this setup, it made it to 80% eventually with the four time windows.
So, why can’t I just set one desired time window from 2300-0700 and expect it to start charging at 2300 until it reaches my requested charge?
VW’s QC management obviously has their head in the sand with this experimental car. They’ve been making cars that run on ”batteries only” since the 2014 e-Golf PHEV. My service manager said that the overnight Location charging is not available, but if you go to “knowyour vw” website right now it tells you step by step how to set it up. Forget about it. Don’t work. Update your website- VWoA!

·
34 Posts
VW’s QC management obviously has their head in the sand with this experimental car. They’ve been making cars that run on ”batteries only” since the 2014 e-Golf PHEV. My service manager said that the overnight Location charging is not available, but if you go to “knowyour vw” website right now it tells you step by step how to set it up. Forget about it. Don’t work. Update your website- VWoA!
Join the EV club, Volvo has same QC/QA lack of good QC/QA. I have a list, with pics and videos of all the stuff they let out on my XC40 Recharge. These car companies need to compensate us as beta testers.

·
20 Posts
I posted about this in another thread, but including it here.

When stopped on an incline, the car seems to disengage the throttle and come to a complete stop before it rolls back. Sometimes there's a "clunk" when this happens. In order to get moving again, I have to hit the accelerator to re-engage the motor. This often causes the car to lurch forward slightly. This could be a problem when in stop/go traffic and when parking on inclines. It would be nice to be able to have finer control of the motor/throttle on hills. Right now, the transition is too abrupt.
I had this problem in Reverse, its not even incline, it was in my garage LOL. The car shrieked when I pressed the pedal hard after refusing to move (roll), and scared everyone around.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
929 Posts
A way to disable the "panic" thing.

This morning at 6:30AM I was getting out of the car in the Home Depot parking lot, and for no discernable reason, the alarm started to go off. Incredibly annoying.

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
98 Posts
A way to disable the "panic" thing.

This morning at 6:30AM I was getting out of the car in the Home Depot parking lot, and for no discernable reason, the alarm started to go off. Incredibly annoying.
Key in your pocket? I've "pocket dialed" the alarm once so far.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Key in your pocket? I've "pocket dialed" the alarm once so far.
Yes, key was in my pocket. In a zippered pouch as well (used mainly to try and prevent accidental activation of the "panic" "feature").

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition (Dusk Blue)
310 Posts
Whoohooo, first cars have been updated over the air with V. 920 now.
Am expecting some youtube updates over the weekend on it.
Hopefully we'll have a definite answer by Monday on whether this fixes scheduled charging.

·
19 Posts
I posted about this in another thread, but including it here.

When stopped on an incline, the car seems to disengage the throttle and come to a complete stop before it rolls back. Sometimes there's a "clunk" when this happens. In order to get moving again, I have to hit the accelerator to re-engage the motor. This often causes the car to lurch forward slightly. This could be a problem when in stop/go traffic and when parking on inclines. It would be nice to be able to have finer control of the motor/throttle on hills. Right now, the transition is too abrupt.
What I've found is that, after the initial slight roll back, the car will start creeping forward again without having to touch the accelerator. Perhaps in an update they can tighten up the timing to avoid the rollback.

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition (Dusk Blue)
310 Posts
It was mentioned that this was addressed in the update?
One person on the German forums who manually installed the software said they did one test and it seemed to work. But I didn't see anything more concrete about it.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Whoohooo, first cars have been updated over the air with V. 920 now.
Am expecting some youtube updates over the weekend on it.
Not everyone has a youtube channel. But screenshots and forum posts are also possible, at least until a prominent youtuber gets the update and has time to do some more exhaustive testing.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
I suspect that Chris (BatteryLife) has gotten the update. From his Patreon page:

a bunch of new stuff appeared in the past day, and it has likes and comments. But I haven't paid the money to unlock, so I can't say much more than this. Nothing on his youtube channel is visible yet.

321 - 340 of 365 Posts