Volkswagen ID Forum banner
341 - 360 of 365 Posts

·
690 Posts
I suspect that Chris (BatteryLife) has gotten the update. From his Patreon page:

a bunch of new stuff appeared in the past day, and it has likes and comments. But I haven't paid the money to unlock, so I can't say much more than this. Nothing on his youtube channel is visible yet.
I enjoy watching Chris's reviews, but they aren't worth $196/month to me. Most Patreon folks I know of are charging $5-$20/month.... that I could deal with. I'll wait for the U-tube video's to be released.
I did scroll down his Patreon page and found some posts dated 16-July indicating that none of the 'chosen' 15 had received their updates yet and he was guessing something was wrong with the system.

·
ID4:1E - Blue Dusk Metallic
139 Posts
I suspect that Chris (BatteryLife) has gotten the update. From his Patreon page:

a bunch of new stuff appeared in the past day, and it has likes and comments. But I haven't paid the money to unlock, so I can't say much more than this. Nothing on his youtube channel is visible yet.
Chris mentioned a few hours ago that "Walter" informed him tonight that the download was commencing. Was going to keep me posted.

·
276 Posts
I enjoy watching Chris's reviews, but they aren't worth $196/month to me. Most Patreon folks I know of are charging $5-$20/month.... that I could deal with. I'll wait for the U-tube video's to be released.
I did scroll down his Patreon page and found some posts dated 16-July indicating that none of the 'chosen' 15 had received their updates yet and he was guessing something was wrong with the system.
isn’t that 196 just the total revenue he makes monthly from all his patrons?

·
690 Posts
isn’t that 196 just the total revenue he makes monthly from all his patrons?
That is not the way I read it. Thanks for the clarification.

·
690 Posts
Chris from Battery Life posted a tease on his Patreon page, it says, "I got the". One needs to be a paying Patreon member to see the rest of the post. :(
I am guessing 'Walter' finally got the update and we will hear something from him soon.

·
ID4:1E - Blue Dusk Metallic
139 Posts
He posted that the update started & FAILED to complete about 8 hours ago. So he is having a tub of plant based ice cream to drown is sorrows.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
929 Posts
He posted that the update started & FAILED to complete about 8 hours ago. So he is having a tub of plant based ice cream to drown is sorrows.
Figures. Where is he posting this, anyways? Pateon videos, or somewhere else?

·
690 Posts
Figures. Where is he posting this, anyways? Pateon videos, or somewhere else?
Based on the snippets you can see without having an account, it is on his Patreon account.

·
276 Posts
first update to 2.3 from @ID.Furkan is now on youtube:

Nothing really worth mentioning yet though. Seems all the interesting bits are in part 2, which is much larger and will contain the actual upgrade for the infotainment system.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
929 Posts
Nothing really worth mentioning yet though. Seems all the interesting bits are in part 2, which is much larger and will contain the actual upgrade for the infotainment system.
The 1st part is particularly uninteresting to us in that none of us have a HUD. I wonder if the download is smaller, or the installation is faster.

It sounds like the 2nd part is just being released, and that's the part we really care about - it might be a few days before we see reports.

·
276 Posts
The 1st part is particularly uninteresting to us in that none of us have a HUD. I wonder if the download is smaller, or the installation is faster.

It sounds like the 2nd part is just being released, and that's the part we really care about - it might be a few days before we see reports.
Yes it was released today.

though besides the hud there are also improvements in the network connection, the adaptive lighting (another feature not available in the us) and something to the display of the infotainment. Need to see what the major update will bring

·
690 Posts

From reports I have seen it takes 40-70 minutes to install the first part, the second part is larger and it takes between 3-3.5 hours to install.

Reactions: mzzyhmd
341 - 360 of 365 Posts