Volkswagen ID Forum banner
361 - 365 of 365 Posts

·
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
191 Posts
First part brings the necessary under the hood updates /fixes so hopefully next time an OTA rolls out there won't be another yellow disco on the dash. There are 3 updated modules in part 1. Part 2 will update more stuff (I hope).

The HUD is an extra update, Id.3 walks the same update path that doesn't have a hud

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
701 Posts
The 1st part is particularly uninteresting to us in that none of us have a HUD. I wonder if the download is smaller, or the installation is faster.
I think the camera update is just as important in the US, and the auto high beam may also work better. It'll be interesting to get real-life reports on the differences people notice. I'll install this update right away on its own merits, just just as prep for step 2.

·
VW ID.4 1st Max | Mangan Gray
191 Posts
some key values:

after 5 mins the car was closed / started for updating there was a RED ! on the dash
(Orange -> Red).

This means the Update was STARTED!

After 35 min - Emergency / SOS error

After 40 min - Light Error

After 68 minutes the RED ! was gone from driver dash. they didnt lie that it took 70 minutes​

·
1 Posts
My Leaf allowed me to set the auto high beams and the setting remained active whenever the lights came on. Any chance of that coming on the ID 4? Each time the headlights activate, I have to again activate auto high beam. I've also noticed comments about "the camera". Hopefully that is the rear camera which, in my opinion, is like wearing someone else's glasses when reversing. I have to go old school and half spin around in the seat to look out of the back window when I'm backing into the garage. TOO distorted!!

361 - 365 of 365 Posts