Volkswagen ID Forum banner

121 - 140 of 221 Posts

·
10 Posts
Update on my issues with CarPlay, all my issues are with wireless CarPlay, I bought a USB-C to lightning cable it now works great! Not sure what the issue is, I have an Apple XR - it's a work phone, but they are upgrading me to an 11 so once I get that will see if that makes a difference. I have had a lot of issues lately with the Apple XR, it's a buggy phone.
My wife is using an iPhone 11 and I an iPhone 12. Wireless CarPlay is a mess, especially with Spotify skipping on music. We have removed the CarPlay connection on our phones and are using an Android phone for Android Auto without any issues other than that we have to use the crappy Hello ID voice recognition to make a call.

·
49 Posts
Android Auto is really impressive.

I know the infotainment system hardware is sufficient because Google Maps is silky smooth on it. I suppose it helps having google software engineers.

·
71 Posts
My wife is using an iPhone 11 and I an iPhone 12. Wireless CarPlay is a mess, especially with Spotify skipping on music. We have removed the CarPlay connection on our phones and are using an Android phone for Android Auto without any issues other than that we have to use the crappy Hello ID voice recognition to make a call.
Thinking the Car play issues may be more of an IPhone issue than a VW one

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
ID.4 FE Blue
121 Posts
This is definitely a call VW immediately kind of problem. That is Dangerous
We encountered a really weird bug today:
Arriving home from our second COVID vaccine shot (yay!) my wife put the car in park and we opened both front doors. At that point, the car started honking its horn like a car alarm, and after a few seconds first rolled a step forward and then a step backward, despite being in park mode. We wondered for a bit how to stop this craziness and eventually touched the home button on the infotainment screen. Solved!
This has been the closest to encountering a driving-related bug on the ID4, and somewhat unsettling because the car moved. My wife has since been on another small errand without incident.
Other than that, the car drives flawlessly, and the few software bugs are not getting in our way at all.
I had another drive system/ACC error today. I am okay with being an early adopter, but I more and more get the feeling that VW is using us as beta testers. This is NOT okay. They need to put a whole team on these issues and get them fixed ASAP, not in three months. People are reading these forums, and they will order other cars if these issues don’t get fixed RIGHT AWAY. There is plenty of competition out there. You do not want an EV gate after diesel gate.

Reactions: WesLee

·
2021 Pro-S
60 Posts
Unanticipated failure of the Adaptive Cruise Control is a SAFETY issue and needs to be addressed immediately. Many other carmakers deliver vehicles with ACC with NO issues. What's up, VW?

·
10 Posts
More bugs:
- every time I get into the car, it takes 20-30 seconds for the screen to boot. In the meantime it says "sorry X isn't available". This leads to delays in being able to remove the charger, navigation/android auto. It's a pretty long delay.

-randomly while driving on the highway, I got the "side and rear" alert systems werent working

-posted in the mechanical thread, but as I pulled into my garage today after a road trip, hear this non stop clicking sound that started while in drive, remained in both park and reverse, continued until we left the vehicle.

-why can't we select exact percentages for charing? Increments of 10 isn't sufficient

-car turns off/no screen or ac when driver leaves, even if key and passenger are still in the car. This shouldn't happen.

·
Dusk Blue FE
79 Posts
More bugs:
- every time I get into the car, it takes 20-30 seconds for the screen to boot. In the meantime it says "sorry X isn't available". This leads to delays in being able to remove the charger, navigation/android auto. It's a pretty long delay.

-randomly while driving on the highway, I got the "side and rear" alert systems werent working

-posted in the mechanical thread, but as I pulled into my garage today after a road trip, hear this non stop clicking sound that started while in drive, remained in both park and reverse, continued until we left the vehicle.

-why can't we select exact percentages for charing? Increments of 10 isn't sufficient

-car turns off/no screen or ac when driver leaves, even if key and passenger are still in the car. This shouldn't happen.
I may be able to shed some light on the "side and rear alert systems" warning. I was driving my ID.4 (coincidentally, to the dealer) when I received a warning about side and rear alert systems not working. A yellow warning light came on and stayed on. The dealer found that, inside the body (I'm not sure where), a cable came loose and was dangling in front of a radar sensor, effectively blocking its view. They moved and anchored the cable and the problem was solved. If your problem is intermittent, it might be a sensor that is blocked intermittently by a loose cable.

·
10 Posts
I may be able to shed some light on the "side and rear alert systems" warning. I was driving my ID.4 (coincidentally, to the dealer) when I received a warning about side and rear alert systems not working. A yellow warning light came on and stayed on. The dealer found that, inside the body (I'm not sure where), a cable came loose and was dangling in front of a radar sensor, effectively blocking its view. They moved and anchored the cable and the problem was solved. If your problem is intermittent, it might be a sensor that is blocked intermittently by a loose cable.
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah it is intermittent. I thought maybe the sun had something to do with it (as it came on as the sun was shining directly on the passenger side of the car as it was getting closer to setting).

But I'll ask the dealer to take a look.

·
2 Posts
I have had two bugs that I haven't seen posted on here yet.
1) I will be driving and the driver side overhead cabin light will begin to endlessly cycle on and off while making the touch noise. It has only happened 3 times already and always during the day, so it hasn't been too distracting. Touching the light does nothing to fix it, you need to park and exit the vehicle and wait the 5 or so minutes until the car goes asleep for it to shut off.
2) I was backing into my garage and the backup proximity alert ton was sounding. When I parked the vehicle the tone kept sounding. I put the vehicle back in drive, drove it around the block, it sounded the whole time. Tried to disable the parking alert system through the screen, no luck. Again I backed it into the garage and went upstairs. I could hear it toning from inside my house so I knew when it shut off approximately 5 minutes later when the vehicle went to sleep.

Someone else also mentioned problems with driver assistance. I have never owned a vehicle with driver assistance before so I was surprised when I was driving it in the snow and I started getting alerts popping up about driver assistance shutting down and how I needed to clean the sensors off. Wasn't too annoying but I kept getting alerts to clean the sensors.

·
ID.4 1st Edition
165 Posts
CarPlay has been temperamental lately. It might be related to wireless CarPlay. It will occasionally crash and then fail to reconnect, forcing me to do a hard reset of the infortainment system. I seem to have to do it every 1-2 days. I can’t figure out what is causing it or how to reproduce it. Anyone else having these issues?

·
10 Posts
CarPlay has been temperamental lately. It might be related to wireless CarPlay. It will occasionally crash and then fail to reconnect, forcing me to do a hard reset of the infortainment system. I seem to have to do it every 1-2 days. I can’t figure out what is causing it or how to reproduce it. Anyone else having these issues?
Wireless CarPlay is a mess unfortunately. Not sure if this is just in VW or other makes as well. Sound skipping, loss of connection and random crashes seem to be the main story. I use a cable and then it works as expected.

Oh, and the sound quality when listening to music is miles better when wired.

·
ID.4 1st Edition
165 Posts
Even when plugged in, it seems to default to wireless. Is there a way to make it default to wired?

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
335 Posts
Even when plugged in, it seems to default to wireless. Is there a way to make it default to wired?
I have no idea how the iPhone settings are set up for CarPlay, but on my Android phone, I can disable wireless Android Auto entirely if I want, so it will only function in wired mode.

·
12 Posts
Wireless CarPlay is a mess unfortunately. Not sure if this is just in VW or other makes as well. Sound skipping, loss of connection and random crashes seem to be the main story. I use a cable and then it works as expected.

Oh, and the sound quality when listening to music is miles better when wired.
Mine originally wasn't skipping, but has started to become an issue. I'd like to know how to put it in wired only mode myself.

·
18 Posts
I probably should have specified, I'm using an iPhone; I'm not sure how to disable wireless CarPlay.
With regards to disabling just Wireless CarpPlay...I saw this posted in a different forum:

Could create a shortcut that whenever CarPlay is connects, turn off Wi-Fi and turn it back on when disconnected.
(Looks like when Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned off, it connects VIA wire)

Alternatively, Settings > General > CarPlay and see if the wired and wireless show up separately, and if so, delete the wireless one.

121 - 140 of 221 Posts