Volkswagen ID Forum banner

161 - 180 of 221 Posts

·
4 Posts
Has anybody had this problem? The car won’t go into drive. We’ve tried restarting several times and even unhooked and reconnected the 12v battery. No change.

·
54 Posts
Wow, your car has the Auto Hold we've all been waiting for, except it won't turn off! :)

You can try disconnecting the High voltage system on the chance that the Auto-hold error is being kept active by that.

Page 3 at the top, try removing the fuse for the HV system to disable it. I'd disconnect that and the 12V battery for 10min and try again. On my Tesla I always had to disable both the 12V and HV systems to get the car to fully reset. Even with the 12v disconnected, the interior computers would stay active.

The car will have a million errors showing when you reboot it but just drive and they will clear themselves up over 10-15min.

·
4 Posts
Wow, your car has the Auto Hold we've all been waiting for, except it won't turn off! :)

You can try disconnecting the High voltage system on the chance that the Auto-hold error is being kept active by that.

Page 3 at the top, try removing the fuse for the HV system to disable it. I'd disconnect that and the 12V battery for 10min and try again. On my Tesla I always had to disable both the 12V and HV systems to get the car to fully reset. Even with the 12v disconnected, the interior computers would stay active.

The car will have a million errors showing when you reboot it but just drive and they will clear themselves up over 10-15min.
Ah yeah makes sense we’d have to disconnect the high voltage as well. VW roadside assistance is already towing it to the dealer so I’ll update when we find out what the issue was. My wife has had the car for exactly one week. Unfortunately I’m stuck at work for two days so I wasn’t able to get hands on it, just trying to help her over the phone.

·
54 Posts
Let us know how it goes. I think I've read of 2 or 3 IDs being towed now... hopefully we can figure out a way to hard reset these cars when it happens. I don't think anyone's tried the HV reset yet so I'm curious if it works on the next bricked ID!

·
4 Posts
Let us know how it goes. I think I've read of 2 or 3 IDs being towed now... hopefully we can figure out a way to hard reset these cars when it happens. I don't think anyone's tried the HV reset yet so I'm curious if it works on the next bricked ID!
The tow truck never showed up, so I had her try disconnecting and driving. She drove around for about 10 minutes and then decided to stop by the house and grab her stuff and just drive to the dealership. When she got back in the car all the warning lights were gone. She’s going to the dealership now for a diagnostic. I’ll update if we hear anything new.

·
54 Posts
The tow truck never showed up, so I had her try disconnecting and driving. She drove around for about 10 minutes and then decided to stop by the house and grab her stuff and just drive to the dealership. When she got back in the car all the warning lights were gone. She’s going to the dealership now for a diagnostic. I’ll update if we hear anything new.
Nice! Hopefully it's all good, and likely just a software glitch. Maybe the dealer can pull some data that will fix this bug in a future version.

·
4 Posts
Not really a bug, but an oversight which can be fixed through software. When I change radio station/song, unless I'm on a screen showing radio/media I get no indication of what station/song i'm now playing. Typically this happens when i'm using Android Auto and I change radio station. To see what station i'm listening to I need to exit android auto and go back to the VW home screen. I little "notification" drop down for 5 seconds would solve this.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
754 Posts
Not really a bug, but an oversight which can be fixed through software. When I change radio station/song, unless I'm on a screen showing radio/media I get no indication of what station/song i'm now playing. Typically this happens when i'm using Android Auto and I change radio station. To see what station i'm listening to I need to exit android auto and go back to the VW home screen. I little "notification" drop down for 5 seconds would solve this.
On the Kona, when I would change radio stations, there would be a brief message telling you the new station that appeared on the binnacle.

·
276 Posts
@ZheFury In this case did you disconnect both the 12 volt battery as well as the High voltage battery, or only the high voltage? I know you had disconnected the 12-volt before, but I'm wondering about the reset event that you mentioned seemed to result in a fix. Also, which disconnect method did you follow for disconnecting the HV battery? Thanks.

Does anyone know how the emergency disconnect for the HV battery in the trunk side panel works? I'm wondering if this is a more "permanent" disconnect that would require the dealer to reconnect after pulling the cable. I'm wondering if pulling this cable causes a fuse element to blow....and if it's related to the pryotechnic disconnect that can happen in an accident.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
335 Posts
Related: I was playing with the radio for the first time last night; it seems there is no way to see the track info while you're actually in the radio app? Like, I'm looking at the list of FM stations, I tap on one, that station is playing and I can see the little play icon on it to indicate that it's the currently playing station, but that screen only shows station names, not track info, and I have to go back to the home screen where I have a media widget to actually see the track info. Am I missing something?

·
4 Posts
Related: I was playing with the radio for the first time last night; it seems there is no way to see the track info while you're actually in the radio app? Like, I'm looking at the list of FM stations, I tap on one, that station is playing and I can see the little play icon on it to indicate that it's the currently playing station, but that screen only shows station names, not track info, and I have to go back to the home screen where I have a media widget to actually see the track info. Am I missing something?
A career opportunity as a UX engineer at VW perhaps. Clearly they have a few positions going.

·
4 Posts
Issue: side mirrors stay in downward reverse position after car is put back in drive

Haven’t been able to reliably reproduce, has happened sporadically. Normal position will return after clicking the seat memory button. Haven’t tried toggling the reverse position feature on/off yet.

·
4 Posts
@ZheFury In this case did you disconnect both the 12 volt battery as well as the High voltage battery, or only the high voltage? I know you had disconnected the 12-volt before, but I'm wondering about the reset event that you mentioned seemed to result in a fix. Also, which disconnect method did you follow for disconnecting the HV battery? Thanks.

Does anyone know how the emergency disconnect for the HV battery in the trunk side panel works? I'm wondering if this is a more "permanent" disconnect that would require the dealer to reconnect after pulling the cable. I'm wondering if pulling this cable causes a fuse element to blow....and if it's related to the pryotechnic disconnect that can happen in an accident.
Update: VW has had it for two days and could not replicate the issue.

They basically said “If it happens again, don’t unplug anything, just have it towed to us. But, you seem to have fixed it by unplugging everything.”

We also tried to have it towed but the truck VW Customer care dispatched never showed up and stopped responding.

As far as how I had her disconnect everything:
She pulled the 12v disconnect plug under the hood and pulled the high voltage fuse in the fuse box. I would not recommend touching the disconnect in the trunk. I’m a full-time firefighter and that’s the disconnect we would go for. I do not know of a quick and easy way to restore high voltage power once it’s disconnected there. It would likely have to be done by a technician.

·
81 Posts
Noticed something odd today. If I change into Sport mode while driving, I get some regen even in D. But if I start out in Sport, no regen in D. You can change to anything else and then back into Sport and the regen is back. It's weaker than B but I like it.

·
2021 1st
476 Posts
Noticed something odd today. If I change into Sport mode while driving, I get some regen even in D. But if I start out in Sport, no regen in D. You can change to anything else and then back into Sport and the regen is back. It's weaker than B but I like it.
I could be mistaken, but if it's similar to the eGolf I vaguely remember the last mode would stick until you stopped the vehicle. I don't think you had to turn the car off, just come to a complete stop.

If it's similar, it would mean that your car would remain in Comfort even though you switched to Sport until you completely stop, which could explain the behavior that you are experiencing.

I discovered a bug last night while towing. In any other VW with towing capability, part of the tow programming is to disable the automatic lift gate and instead require it to be manually opened and closed. The ID4 does not exhibit the same behavior. With a trailer connected to the plug the lift gate still automatically lifts and closes.

·
81 Posts
I could be mistaken, but if it's similar to the eGolf I vaguely remember the last mode would stick until you stopped the vehicle. I don't think you had to turn the car off, just come to a complete stop.

If it's similar, it would mean that your car would remain in Comfort even though you switched to Sport until you completely stop, which could explain the behavior that you are experiencing.

I discovered a bug last night while towing. In any other VW with towing capability, part of the tow programming is to disable the automatic lift gate and instead require it to be manually opened and closed. The ID4 does not exhibit the same behavior. With a trailer connected to the plug the lift gate still automatically lifts and closes.
No, if I stop while in Sport mode, it is in Sport mode when I start (as in any other mode), But for the regen to work in D, you have to exit Sport and then re-select Sport.

161 - 180 of 221 Posts