Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't seen it mentioned in a thread, so I though I'd start a conversation to share experiences.

Mine was uneventful today. In and out in 30 minutes.
  • They did the service and found nothing
  • Said "hello" to my sales guy
  • They put my plates on
  • Sent me home with a check, refunding the overage on title and license fees

I hadn't seen it mentioned in a thread, so I though I'd start a conversation to share experiences.

• They put my plates on
Did they wash the car at least?

My experience was the same, and they washed the car as well. Manager at the store came by personally since I was the first sale of the First Edition for the branch, which was nice. I did have them fix my DCFC port cover since it got disconnected from the charging port door.

2021 ID.4 First Edition / Dusk Blue
I had mine this week as well. I was hoping that there'd be a software update, but they indicated that won't occur until the 60 day service call. Honestly, I have no idea what they did: they had the car for 25 minutes.

And yes, I was hoping for a car wash (it needs it!) -- but not even that was done. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

ID.4 FE GW

• They put my plates on
What was the service - did they tell you if they looked for faults and any software configuration problems even if no problems were reported?

Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
And yes, I was hoping for a car wash (it needs it!) -- but not even that was done. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
But was the coffee any good :ROFLMAO:?

The nearest car wash is literally 2 miles away. I did buy some spray on stuff today to clean off the bugs - the car washes don't seem to be doing a good job of that.

Mine is next Monday. Gets me out of the house for a bit, I guess.

Proud FE owner
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are hilarious.
  • They checked for faults and found none - I had an earlier nav issue (bad install at port), so the VW corporate tech may have handled anything else when I was in a few weeks ago
  • I don't recall smelling coffee - maybe they've discontinued service due to Covid (all other customers were masked-up)
  • No car wash on site, but they give coupons to a local car wash with every service (I prefer to hand wash myself)

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
I wasn鈥檛 aware of this 鈥渄ouble check .鈥 I do have a 60-day scheduled however.

My dealer never mentioned a 60 day service! But the person who installed my plates - we keep our plates in Arkansas - after I bought it told me he had been to the VW school for the Id4. That was assuring. The dealer where I purchased my ID4 has not sold any other Id4. They have no chargers either. They charged up my 1st edition with the VW provided charger in my car!! Do get me wrong, this is a well known, long established dealer in that area, but we are talking Arkansas, the land of the pickup truck, the big SUV, and bubba.

ID.4 FE GW
My dealer never mentioned a 60 day service! But the person who installed my plates - we keep our plates in Arkansas - after I bought it told me he had been to the VW school for the Id4. That was assuring. The dealer where I purchased my ID4 has not sold any other Id4. They have no chargers either. They charged up my 1st edition with the VW provided charger in my car!! Do get me wrong, this is a well known, long established dealer in that area, but we are talking Arkansas, the land of the pickup truck, the big SUV, and bubba.
Wow - at least it sounds like your dealer has 1 or more service techs trained for the ID.4.
My dealer has 3 EV techs, only one of which is currently fully certified for the ID.4
They also have 2 x 50 kW DC fast chargers and 9 L2 chargers available for public use. I can see at least several more L2 chargers behind a gate for the dealership only, and there may be more DC ones there as well.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Oh, ok. I just didn鈥檛 think anyone had their ID.4 for 60 days as yet.

17 May for me. And I too will decline the wash if offered.

I think that double-check service = 60 day service

My dealer scheduled the "double check" for 30 days. They said to keep track of any questions I had about the car so I could ask them then (or call them prior to the visit).

You guys are hilarious.
  • They checked for faults and found none - I had an earlier nav issue (bad install at port), so the VW corporate tech may have handled anything else when I was in a few weeks ago
  • I don't recall smelling coffee - maybe they've discontinued service due to Covid (all other customers were masked-up)
  • No car wash on site, but they give coupons to a local car wash with every service (I prefer to hand wash myself)
So they install software update for US at port of entry? What else do they do at port?

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
They do whatever VW contracts them to do. Firmware, technical service bulletins, etc. Whatever VW deems appropriate in the time since it left the factory. This can be pre-planned, such as our firmware updates ('ship them and then update'), or it can be something discovered at the factory while vehicles are in transit.
Note I said "contracted" as typically there is a cadre in port that services a number of makes. However sometimes VW engineers are onsite as well if a complex/new procedure.
And of course there is US Customs to deal with prior to port release. Typically just paperwork, unless a new model that requires more inspection.
So they install software update for US at port of entry? What else do they do at port?

Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
My followup visit is scheduled for Tues, May 10th and I am compiling a spreadsheet of feedback for the dealer and for VWoA in these categories:

Problems that could be easily fixed:
Problems that could be fixed with software updates:
Carnet problems
Design problems

ID.4 FE GW
My followup visit is scheduled for Tues, May 10th and I am compiling a spreadsheet of feedback for the dealer and for VWoA in these categories:

Problems that could be easily fixed:
Problems that could be fixed with software updates:
Carnet problems
Design problems
Great! Could you please share your list? Might be more impactful if a number of us all came in with the same issues / requests.

2021 First Edition
I had mine a few days ago. In/out in under an hour. If I hadn't gone to get coffee, it would have been quicker.

One odd thing - the tech said the car was already set up for OTA updates. For some reason, I assumed that we were one manual update away from OTA.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts