Volkswagen ID Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
262 Posts

Here is the closest I got to a real world range test, I level 1 charged to 100% then over the next week in a mix of urban, suburban, rural driving including a couple times preheating the cabin using the Carnet app, I went 206 miles and had an indicated 29 miles remaining when I DCFC’ed back up. That’s 235 miles which is pretty close to the 250 estimate and may very well have gotten there without the preheating.

·
8 Posts
My dealer never mentioned a 60 day service! But the person who installed my plates - we keep our plates in Arkansas - after I bought it told me he had been to the VW school for the Id4. That was assuring. The dealer where I purchased my ID4 has not sold any other Id4. They have no chargers either. They charged up my 1st edition with the VW provided charger in my car!! Do get me wrong, this is a well known, long established dealer in that area, but we are talking Arkansas, the land of the pickup truck, the big SUV, and bubba.
Where in Arkansas? I am in Fayetteville and receiving an ID 4 from Little Rock in a few wks. Glad to know there are others.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,213 Posts
Had my 60-day "double check" and it was pretty underwhelming with only a multipoint inspection and stored code check (none). Not even a wash, but that's ok as I never trust dealerships to do so.
As I was there I observed some advertising. We're aware of same but it confirm's VWoA's target group (note that the $7,500 Fed tax credit has to be applied to ~even out this 'peer' group):
IMG_2463.jpeg

·
2021 1st
741 Posts
That's interesting you have no stored codes. I had dozens and, after my check last Friday when I assumed they would have cleared those codes, have another set as of this morning.

Until you posted, I was under the impression we'd all have codes and that it might be a bunch of false positives but now I'm reconsidering if there are others without any codes.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,213 Posts
I'm just going by my exit paperwork. Who knows what/if they really checked anything?

That's interesting you have no stored codes. I had dozens and, after my check last Friday when I assumed they would have cleared those codes, have another set as of this morning.

Until you posted, I was under the impression we'd all have codes and that it might be a bunch of false positives but now I'm reconsidering if there are others without any codes.

·
2021 1st
741 Posts
Hahaha, true! On the flipside of that, I'm not sure they checked mine at all. I told them I had scanned it with our shop's tool so maybe they just noted they "forwarded all codes to VW" without bothering to scan it.

I was surprised it took them over an hour to check us in on Thursday and they called sometime between 8-9am the next morning to tell us it was "fixed." From the notes, they plugged it into their L2 charger and noted it charged, tried the L1 EVSE in the vehicle and noted it didn't charge, so replaced the EVSE as defective and deemed it fixed. They didn't note any specific codes (which they certainly should have because they exist--I checked) and that wasn't the issue I was having anyway because it wasn't charging with my EVSE and both are completely separate from not following scheduled charging regardless :)

According to the timing it took them less time to do all that than it took them to check the vehicle in for service so I have my doubts as to how much time they spent trying to figure it out.

·
338 Posts
Where in Arkansas? I am in Fayetteville and receiving an ID 4 from Little Rock in a few wks. Glad to know there are others.
I live between Clarksville and Russellville. I may have been the first ID4 owner in Arkansas. I have had mine four weeks. By the way, it you are traveling on I-40 between Little Rock and NW AR there is an EA station in Clarksville at the Walmart.

·
39 Posts
Today is May 21 and I have my “Double Check” visit tomorrow. I was told to list any question I have for the factory tech. I will Ask them what the purpose is for the requested visit. So far I only have 400 miles on the car and no problems.
I do have a coupon for a free oil change, but….ah never mind.

·
39 Posts
Today is May 21 and I have my “Double Check” visit tomorrow. I was told to list any question I have for the factory tech. I will Ask them what the purpose is for the requested visit. So far I only have 400 miles on the car and no problems.
I do have a coupon for a free oil change, but….ah never mind.
Update:
just got back from the “Double Check” service. It took about 45 minutes. Terrific Service manager, Jose Lasanta, at Ourisman VW in Rockville, MD. He took the time to answer all my questions. This service is just a check, check, check of everything including software version, recalls and vehicle functions to make sure all is current and working. He went on to say that VW has a lot riding on the ID.4 and wants it to go smoothly for the early customers. Car was returned washed and looking great. No updates needed and no recalls noted for my Pro-S.

·
ID.4 FE Glacier White
41 Posts
If my dealer didn't schedule a double check/60 day check with me during delivery, should I call to make the appointment myself? I was wondering if they would call to make it eventually but I don't trust that they will.

·
143 Posts
I got scheduled for a 30 day Double Check when I bought and have had at least 5 emails reminding me in the last week yet I couldn't remember that they called it a double check. The woman who spoke to me first was confused that I was there and said there was no 30 day service but they would do a "pit stop" which I think is their topping off fluids and checking air pressures. She said I shouldn't have any service scheduled until a 6 month oil change which I kinda laughed at. Then the ID4 service guy got back and explained to the rest of the service desk that EV's have a different service schedule.

From my paperwork they did the free pitstop plus:

Multi-I Vehicle Safety Condition Inspection

GBK Brakes Test Good At This Time - No Attention Needed At This Time

GTire Tires at 7/32" or Better No Attention Needed At This Time

GBatt Battery Checks Good

Then they did a Clorox PrecisionCare sanitization, car wash and scheduled my next service for May 22, 2022. Took about 45 min. As I was leaving a service rep came with me and asked to look at my tires. He was wondering what service they would do at 365 days and wanted to confirm that the tires were staggered so not even a full rotation. It was an interesting visit and I was obviously the first EV for most of them. The woman couldn't even move it from the bay to the service area because she didn't know how to start it.

·
39 Posts
If my dealer didn't schedule a double check/60 day check with me during delivery, should I call to make the appointment myself? I was wondering if they would call to make it eventually but I don't trust that they will.
From my experience, scheduling the “Double Check” service was my responsibility. My sales guy told me to specifically ask for the “Double Check Service” and to use that terminology.
I assume the service department is supposed to know what that means. Most importantly, you must have the service invoice that proves you complied with the required Double Check visit so if there ever is a warranty problem you can show that you followed the recommended service.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,213 Posts
My salesman brought me out to meet the service folks on delivery day and had the manager schedule my 60-day then and there. Shouldn't be the owner's responsibility. After all, the 30/60-day double-check is marketed as VW caring about initial impressions/issues. ;)
From my experience, scheduling the “Double Check” service was my responsibility. My sales guy told me to specifically ask for the “Double Check Service” and to use that terminology.
I assume the service department is supposed to know what that means. Most importantly, you must have the service invoice that proves you complied with the required Double Check visit so if there ever is a warranty problem you can show that you followed the recommended service.

·
7 Posts
Picked up my ID4 last Saturday. The salesperson made no mention of 60 day double check, but did say I had to come back in 10 days (exactly) so they could "check the electronics"???

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition (Dusk Blue)
217 Posts
Do you guys know what we're supposed to do for this double check if the dealer you purchased with is not convenient? I bought from a place 200 miles away but I have another dealer 2 miles away...

·
143 Posts
Do you guys know what we're supposed to do for this double check if the dealer you purchased with is not convenient? I bought from a place 200 miles away but I have another dealer 2 miles away...
Unless you are having issues with your car it is nothing but a manufacturer saying "um, hi". My next scheduled service I for a year after so I don't think they are too concerned with checking fluids.

·
ID.4 FE Glacier White
41 Posts
I bought mine 200 mi away also. Don't worry, your local dealer can do it, too. Just call the service department and schedule it. The person scheduling it may not know what it is, you may have to explain (in my case they had to go ask the actual service folks).
But as mentioned, you don't really need to do it. They'll just check it for error codes, probably give it a wash.

·
46 Posts
Someone already posted a picture, but it's on the window sticker as an included package/option. My dealer scheduled it at delivery. I'm going to read my codes beforehand to make sure they don't just delete them or anything without a full report.

Reactions: TPG

·
Proud FE owner
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
My salesman brought me out to meet the service folks on delivery day and had the manager schedule my 60-day then and there. Shouldn't be the owner's responsibility. After all, the 30/60-day double-check is marketed as VW caring about initial impressions/issues. ;)
That's how it was for me as well. My sales guy made it very clear to me that VW required it to be this way. Of course, only a salesperson that paid attention during training would get all the details.

Reactions: Huey52

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (acquired 4/20/2021)
107 Posts
4100K miles in and at the 52 day mark (just in under both limited 60days/5K miles) - back from the Double Check.

• Code check OK
  • Recall work completed
  • Car wash
  • 1 Cappuccino

40 minutes start to finish

41 - 60 of 63 Posts