Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
Are the Weather Tech mats qualitatively better than the Monster mats that VW is selling? VW price is pretty good for front and rear mats and a cargo liner.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
I can't speak to the VW Monster mats either, but the OEM Audi TT cargo liner I got (too niche a vehicle for WeatherTech to bother?) surprisingly is not as nice a material formulation as you get with WeatherTech, although it does fit perfectly.
I'll go with the Monster if available upon ID.4 delivery tho', just because.

I am moving from a Subaru Outback to a FE. Sadly my Outback came with a great OEM cargo liner. It's the little things that satisfy customers! If Subaru had a EV I would be sticking with that make.

Proud FE owner
I have the same VW Monster Mats in my 2012 CC that I drove off the lot with in September 2011. I'm very pleased. I am equally impressed with the WeatherTech floor liners in my daughter's 2014 Honda Civic. Both are great options. I would lean towards the VW mats for the ID.4 insignia.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
You remove the stock thin carpeted mats when you install either the Monster or Weathertech.
In the front foot wells you would have no way to use the pop-pins to secure them in place. Securing them in place is important in any vehicle as it's possible, albeit rare, that the driver's side mat could slide forward and interfere with accelerator/brake pedal function.
Did you install on top of the stock carpeted mats, or did you have to remove them?

Moonstone Grey Pro
Installed Weather Tech mats (front and rear) two days ago. Perfect fit, didn't seem to matter that the driver's mat did not cover the far left, as foot placement to the right of there is more natural to me. Signed up on the weathertech site to be notified when their rear cargo mat is available. I usually keep my old mats to re-install when I sell my cars years later, or give to friends who have the same car to use as refreshers.
Now hoping to find the right roof rack for me (wide enough for 2 sea kayaks). The VW rack available probably not wide enough. Suggestions welcomed...

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
I do like Weathertech products and have had their cargo liner in many prior vehicles, and currently in my wife's (also with their cup phone holder).

The VW Muddy Buddy has already served me well, especially the extended portions that cover the folding back seats.

It's nice to finally have more options!
I just ordered my WeatherTech cargo area floor mat. They just notified me that they have them for 2021 ID4 馃憤.

ID. 4 Pro - Scale Silver
As far as I know the two (muddy buddy and weathertech) are the same. I have a cargo liner from muddbuddy and will be curious to see if there are any fitment differences between them. Pics after installation please!

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
The Weathertech cargo liner doesn't have the MuddyBuddy's back seat extenders. But it does have an option for a snap-on/removable bumper lip protector which is of value (I just slide a small doormat under mine when needed, but their's would be easier to flip up/down).
As far as I know the two (muddy buddy and weathertech) are the same. I have a cargo liner from muddbuddy and will be curious to see if there are any fitment differences between them. Pics after installation please!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.