Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Discussion Starter #1
WeatherTech has listings for ID.4 accessories. I've used their laser measured floor mats in my last 2 cars and been very impressed by their fit and protection. 馃憤馃憤

Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
Are the Weather Tech mats qualitatively better than the Monster mats that VW is selling? VW price is pretty good for front and rear mats and a cargo liner.

Discussion Starter #3
Are the Weather Tech mats qualitatively better than the Monster mats that VW is selling? VW price is pretty good for front and rear mats and a cargo liner.
Never used Monster mats so I don't know. Probably equivalent.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
I can't speak to the VW Monster mats either, but the OEM Audi TT cargo liner I got (too niche a vehicle for WeatherTech to bother?) surprisingly is not as nice a material formulation as you get with WeatherTech, although it does fit perfectly.
I'll go with the Monster if available upon ID.4 delivery tho', just because.

I am moving from a Subaru Outback to a FE. Sadly my Outback came with a great OEM cargo liner. It's the little things that satisfy customers! If Subaru had a EV I would be sticking with that make.

Proud FE owner
I have the same VW Monster Mats in my 2012 CC that I drove off the lot with in September 2011. I'm very pleased. I am equally impressed with the WeatherTech floor liners in my daughter's 2014 Honda Civic. Both are great options. I would lean towards the VW mats for the ID.4 insignia.

Discussion Starter #9
It's really disappointing to me that it doesn't extend all the way up the left footrest, but even so I'll still prefer them over the monster mats
I don't use the foot rest I'm more comfortable using the floor. Did the same thing in my Jetta.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
You remove the stock thin carpeted mats when you install either the Monster or Weathertech.
In the front foot wells you would have no way to use the pop-pins to secure them in place. Securing them in place is important in any vehicle as it's possible, albeit rare, that the driver's side mat could slide forward and interfere with accelerator/brake pedal function.
Did you install on top of the stock carpeted mats, or did you have to remove them?

ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue Somewhere on the Gulf?
I wonder if the stock mats and the 鈥渕ojo鈥 mats are the same?

Proud FE owner
Mojo are definitely an upgrade.

Reactions: egsell and Huey52
1 - 14 of 14 Posts