Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
89 Posts
This makes me happy only because mine hasn’t been made yet. Still on step 1. :(

Reactions: YowVil

·
690 Posts
I assume this also means that the production-version of the software is finally done
The software will never be done done, but, version 2.1 was released today and one of the things it includes is OTA updates.

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
Press release:

"The software version ID.2.1, which establishes the technical prerequisites for "Over-the-Air" updates, is automatically included with all new ID. models produced since calendar week 8.

·
89 Posts
Just like you know from your smartphone, the latest software version will be uploaded to the car via the Internet. In the future, our ID. family will receive a software update every three months, keeping them at the software version of a new car. This also means that our ID. models get better and better over their lifecycle!
From the LinkedIn post, this seems to clarify that VW isn’t targeting current EV enthusiasts, most of whom are well aware of OTA updates. They’re targeting those that don’t even realize it’s available. I think it’s a very smart move.

Reactions: ChristophW

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
398 Posts
Good news all around! I wonder how this update will trickle to cars already produced? Particularly the FE's that are already in the ports waiting to make their way to dealers?

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good news all around! I wonder how this update will trickle to cars already produced? Particularly the FE's that are already in the ports waiting to make their way to dealers?
They will be updated at the dealer before delivery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts