Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We sent our ID3 in for the day long software update 3 weeks ago and still don’t have it back. The update has rendered the car unuseable and the screen does not work at all. Has anyone else had this problem. After 3 weeks we are no closer to hearing of a solution and VW don’t appear to be in any rush to fix it. Although they’ve given us a loan id3 in the interim we aren’t allowed to take the dog in it, have to pay for basic repairs and have various restrictions imposed on us with it so I was hoping any for any advice about all of this. We are in the UK.

·
1 Posts
That’s awful. If it were me I’d start with the dealership manager and look for a really good, detailed explanation. If they don’t help, call the UK HQ number. If that doesn’t help and you’re really upset, post a YouTube video of the issues and share it a bit (here, Electrek, Reddit) - VW do a ton of YT advertising and you will prompt them to take action (as part of which they’ll make you take the video down). You can probably go to the car at the dealership and video the issues if you didn’t before - it’s still your car.

What are the issues? If they’re serious, after a month of no fix I’d be asking for a new car.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Rigsy1990, we've gone to the manager (finally!) as they said they have ordered a new memory for it to be 'expedited' a week ago which hasn't arrived. They also now want their hire car back with no forecast on when we can have our car! Thanks for the info on the HQ idea too, I'm definitely going to get in touch with them regardless. I've gone on to Twitter and Instagram so will see what that brings up. The manager has said to contact customer services and tell them we want to hand the car back. But if we do that, they only give us the depreciated value for the car. We will give it a shot as the prices have come down so we may just be able to buy like for like; all I want is a working car -so as long as we aren't out of pocket I'll be happy which I really dont think is a big ask! It's so hard to communicate to them that for a car that is only 2 months old, that we haven't driven for a month, all I want is a working car, no compensation, nothing like that, I just want what I paid for. Apparently that's a little too hard for them to deliver at the moment. So, we shall contact customer services and see what they offer. Needless to say that regardless of the outcome I shall be posting on Electrek, Reddit and YouTube. I'm gutted, it took me an age to convince my husband this was a good idea as he's against electric cars as they're 'too new and not enough range' and he's been proven right.

Lesson from this is: Don't buy a new car model! Wait a year for the price to drop significantly, they dont thank you for your support or provide any support back so wait out and get a decent deal from a tried and tested car. I'd say dont go with VW because its rubbish customer service but we've yet to find a dealership (Volvo, VW and Ford) who provide good customer service to date.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts