Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the ID4 have a 12v battery and if so can it charge from the main battery and is required to start the car?

·
413 Posts
Does the ID4 have a 12v battery and if so can it charge from the main battery and is required to start the car?
A quick search here would have told you that, yes, the ID.4 has a 12v battery. Nothing happens with the car if that battery is dead, it provides power to all the computers. Yes it is charged from the main (drive) battery when the car is switched on. Conflicting reports if the 12v battery gets charged while the main battery is charging.

Reactions: Huey52

·
11 Posts
A quick search here would have told you that, yes, the ID.4 has a 12v battery. Nothing happens with the car if that battery is dead, it provides power to all the computers. Yes it is charged from the main (drive) battery when the car is switched on. Conflicting reports if the 12v battery gets charged while the main battery is charging.
So, if I go camping and use the 12V plug of the ID4 quite a bit the 12V battery will never die as long as the vehicle is turned on?

·
413 Posts
So, if I go camping and use the 12V plug of the ID4 quite a bit the 12V battery will never die as long as the vehicle is turned on?
I think this then becomes the question of how do you keep the car "on" if you are not driving it? Reports are at the moment that the car shuts itself off after a certain amount of "idle" time.

·
74 Posts
I believe I saw some youtube reviews where the driver seatbelt has to be inserted and then you depress that round button on the lower right side of steering wheel to keep car in the "ON" state for heating/cooling/etc. Won't know for sure until the initial ID.4 owners test this in their units.

·
2 Posts
I'm trying to find out if the ID.4 will have 12 volt power outlets for accessories, such as a small 12 volt refrigerator? I've read through the owner's manual and can't really find anything. My Honda Clarity plug-in has two of them. Honda advised me they each are on a seprate circuit capable of 180 watts each. I want to be able to run my Massimo portable 12 volt refrigerator while driving, along with charging my Aimtom Power Pal 540mw power brick, which can be charged using a 12 volt outlet in a car. Thanks!

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
341 Posts
I'm trying to find out if the ID.4 will have 12 volt power outlets for accessories, such as a small 12 volt refrigerator? I've read through the owner's manual and can't really find anything. My Honda Clarity plug-in has two of them. Honda advised me they each are on a seprate circuit capable of 180 watts each. I want to be able to run my Massimo portable 12 volt refrigerator while driving, along with charging my Aimtom Power Pal 540mw power brick, which can be charged using a 12 volt outlet in a car. Thanks!
From the Owner's Manual (P. 193-4) looks like there is one up front and one in the luggage compartment. Continuous power of all 12-volt sockets in the vehicle is 120 watts in total. The maximum power of a 12-volt socket in the vehicle is a total of 180 watts when the vehicle’s drive system is activated. The 12-volt socket will work only when the ignition is switched on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts