Volkswagen ID Forum banner

I have driven my ID4 extensively and, re: inappropriate ESC intervention described herein;

• Other: I am non-US AWD/GTX owner (please post experience and software version)

Votes: 0 0.0%
201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Pro S Gradient AWD
575 Posts
I’ve replicated the issue in Traction mode.

Dear Diary,

Day 9: No update. Noted via myVW that the SOC has dropped from 70% to 30% while they’ve had the car.

·
Premium Member
2021 Pro S Gradient AWD
575 Posts
Sounds like someone has a new abs module in their future
Then there are the several hundred ABS faults reported by VCDS:

"Function Limitation due to Implausible Signal"

EDIT: Oh great, now myVW seems to have forgotten who I am or that I own an ID.4. It wants me to re-register the vehicle with the QR code again. Maybe they had to disconnect the 12V battery or something.

·
708 Posts
Then there are the several hundred ABS faults reported by VCDS:

"Function Limitation due to Implausible Signal"

EDIT: Oh great, now myVW seems to have forgotten who I am or that I own an ID.4. It wants me to re-register the vehicle with the QR code again. Maybe they had to disconnect the 12V battery or something.
Or reset the carnet module possibly

·
708 Posts
Won't you have the same problem since it appears that all ID4s are doing the same thing?
Not necessarily. That replacement module may be a different part. Factory parts are not always the same as the replacement parts. But it also depends on if the module was causing the issue or if the dealer “killed” it somehow. It is a bit odd since it sounds like it was communicating when he brought it in. But possibly not communicating properly? 🤷‍♀️

·
Premium Member
2021 Pro S Gradient AWD
575 Posts
Won't you have the same problem since it appears that all ID4s are doing the same thing?
Well we don’t know that all AWD ID.4s have the problem, though clearly some do. The replacement module could have the same defect. Or the replacement might be updated from the one that was installed in my car on the assembly line. Or I just got a random defective one. It’s all unknown until they replace it and we see what happens.

I told the dealer to keep the car until the part comes in. It's part of my strategy.

·
Premium Member
2021 Pro S Gradient AWD
575 Posts
Day 11: Big News

VW contacted the dealer this morning. Engineering confirms the ESC issue is a known software problem. Dealer is not to replace the ABS module. The issue will be fixed in the big software update, whenever that happens. No ETA.

I speculated a couple times earlier in the thread that this is a software issue. Bam!

I get the car back later today. Nothing to do but wait for the update.

Thank you to Sheppard VW and Luis Reyna for helping get answers from VW.

·
2021 Pro AWD
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Hey, give me some cred in post #30, five months ago :p

I think this is software issue and not a hardware issue given its happening to so many of us with AWD
But sincere thank you VW Dave for going through the trouble of making VW address this and give you answers

·
14 Posts
Day 11: Big News

VW contacted the dealer this morning. Engineering confirms the ESC issue is a known software problem. Dealer is not to replace the ABS module. The issue will be fixed in the big software update, whenever that happens. No ETA.

I speculated a couple times earlier in the thread that this is a software issue. Bam!

I get the car back later today. Nothing to do but wait for the update.

Thank you to Sheppard VW and Luis Reyna for helping get answers from VW.
Thanks for doing the legwork for the rest of us experiencing this problem. I am glad it is software, now to just hurry up and wait...

201 - 220 of 251 Posts