Volkswagen ID Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
362 Posts
I just got a call from VWGOA in response to an email I sent to Dustin Krause. I was told they would be more proactive at communicating with those of us who have orders for ID.4s. We'll see...
Based on my experiences with VW over the last 20 years, they don't know the meaning of communicating with the customer.

·
22 Posts
I just now received an email from my dealer saying my ID.4 is on its way to them. There was no detail on where it was or when it would arrive; more updates to come.

·
362 Posts
I just now received an email from my dealer saying my ID.4 is on its way to them. There was no detail on where it was or when it would arrive; more updates to come.
What dealer, where?

·
20 Posts
Same dealer here and I just got an email from them stating same. He has ignored my inquiry from days ago so this is likely a canned email.

·
1st Edition - Arriving in US
520 Posts
I got a "looking good" for March 10 arrival in Edmonds, WA. Deliveries are TBD.

Reactions: ChristophW

·
520 Posts
I saw a remark in another forum from a fellow Washingtonian that his dealer notified him that his vehicles was at Houston and his VIN was assigned. Not sure if this would have been via the Cicero, which will arrive tomorrow (a day late), or the Goodwood which called on 1/31.

·
20 Posts
I saw a remark in another forum from a fellow Washingtonian that his dealer notified him that his vehicles was at Houston and his VIN was assigned. Not sure if this would have been via the Cicero, which will arrive tomorrow (a day late), or the Goodwood which called on 1/31.
I’ve asked Kirkland if they have a VIN for me. I don’t expect any response since my email earlier this week didn’t warrant one. :(

·
520 Posts
I’ve asked Kirkland if they have a VIN for me. I don’t expect any response since my email earlier this week didn’t warrant one. :(
I've come to realize these guys live off their phones and rext is the way to go. I rarely got a reply from Kirkland. Cost them a sale.

·
5 Posts
Dealer here in Montana just called me to inform me of the location of my ID.4:

I'm on a Boat (SNL)

He couldn't tell me which boat my blue ID.4 is on. He gave me an ETA of March 17th but said because the car is coming via Houston there could be disruptions due to weather, so possibly early April.

His dealership will be getting a demo ID.4 about 4-5 days ahead of that.

He said:
- no VIN yet
- he does not know which boat (ship) it is on

He thinks blue ID.4s are arriving more quickly.

·
362 Posts
He couldn't tell me which boat my blue ID.4 is on. He gave me an ETA of March 17th but said because the car is coming via Houston there could be disruptions due to weather, so possibly early April.
If your car is not already on the dock, there is a good chance it will come in on the Cicero which is presently due in port 20-Feb in the morning according to the MarineTraffic web site. Yes the port is backed up due to weather issues.

·
178 Posts

I always find it funny when our forum is the source of the news.

·
VW ID.4 1st (originally Pro, changed to 1st in Jan).
141 Posts

·
362 Posts
I always find it funny when our forum is the source of the news.
And our forum has reliable info before the dealerships do so we are explaining what is happening in the ID.4 world TO our dealers!!

·
15 Posts
I'm in the Puget Sound area and Kirkland VW is my dealer.
I'm down in Steilacoom. My dealer is Larson in Tacoma. They aren't much help. Either they don't know or don't care, maybe both. I was able to sign up for a test drive in April at Southcenter Tukwila.

·
54 Posts
Checked with my dealer here in central new Jersey and he confirmed that he is expecting demo vehicles on March 10th and customer vehicles 1-2 weeks after. He also confirmed that they are already in US

·
Blue ID.4 1st Edition
50 Posts
I got good news and bad news from my dealer. The good news is that I have a real VIN for my car, and he says it is built an on it's way from Germany. The bad news is he says it is due in mid April.

·
VW ID.4 1st (originally Pro, changed to 1st in Jan).
141 Posts
I got good news and bad news from my dealer. The good news is that I have a real VIN for my car, and he says it is built an on it's way from Germany. The bad news is he says it is due in mid April.
When did you make your reservation?

41 - 60 of 93 Posts