Volkswagen ID Forum banner

181 - 200 of 256 Posts

·
1st Edition - Arriving in US
520 Posts
Updated berthing schedules:
Aristotle (LNG)CiceroBishu HwyConfucius (LNG)GoodwoodSwift AceViking QueenMediterranean Hwy
Emden
2/10​
1/22​
2/3​
TBDTBD
2/11​
2/17​
2/25​
Halifax
2/17​
Davisville
2/26​
not sched
2/22​
3/25​
3/5​
3/11​
Baltimore
2/13​
Jacksonville
Houston
2/20​
3/24​
3/2​
3/8​
3/17​

The Swift Ace has been held up at Zeebrugee after departing Emden 2/11. It's current draught is reported at 78% of max (empty?). It's only scheduled berth remains at Houston. We'll have to see if it returns to Emden before crossing the Atlantic.

Cicero is sailing for Houston at 88% of max draught. For comparison, Aristotle is sailing from Emden (full) at 98% and Confucius is sailing toward Veracruz (presumed empty) at 81%. If the Cicero has a capacity of 7,000 vehicles, we might conclude that approximately 4,000 vehicles were offloaded at Baltimore and approximately 3,000 are to be offloaded at Houston. For the Volkswagen brand, there could be a handful for Arteon, otherwise just ID.4. Only Audi would have significant volumes.

·
520 Posts
Swift Ace is on the move to Bremerhaven (364 nautical miles) at 84% draught. May just be a intra-Europe transfer of vehicles. I've seen reference to Porsche exports and, more dated, Volkswagen. There is a massive vehicle storage facility there. Should be an interesting stop, if just for the budding shipping nerds.

Reactions: emtonsti

·
VW ID.4 1st (originally Pro, changed to 1st in Jan).
141 Posts
Swift Ace is on the move to Bremerhaven (364 nautical miles) at 84% draught. May just be a intra-Europe transfer of vehicles. I've seen reference to Porsche exports and, more dated, Volkswagen. There is a massive vehicle storage facility there. Should be an interesting stop, if just for the budding shipping nerds.

That's a weird one. Maybe maintenance? I guess it will be clearer when we see how long they spend there.

·
314 Posts
There is a lot of mixed messaging on on ID.3 2.1. One of the German forums says 2/22 -
Tue 16 Feb 2021, 8:00 p.m. From 02/22 2.1 should be ready. We'll see if this is really the case ...

Some of the U.K. forums say, okay, we'll see what update you actually come away with.

It is soon, no doubt. Also, ID.3 2.1 maybe "final-ish" in beta testing now. I wonder how close ID.4 2.1 is to ID.3 2.1?

Probably good to give links when possible, let everyone who wants to read the source materials:

Volkswagen ID.3 Forum

Speak EV - Electric Car Forums Volkswagen ID.3
ID.3 software updates 2.0 and 2.1

U.K. forums are in English, you can use Google Chrome to translate the German forum

·
141 Posts
I guess by this time next week we should have a clearer idea if this is really 2.1, and if there are problems applying the update.

·
520 Posts

·
141 Posts
Things are badly backed up in Houston right now due to massive power outages in Texas..

·
520 Posts
Bishu Hwy seems to be running a day late into Halifax.
She's not currently on the Halifax port operations schedule. Perhaps just a service call. The Davisville berth is still on schedule for 2/22.

·
362 Posts
She's not currently on the Halifax port operations schedule. Perhaps just a service call. The Davisville berth is still on schedule for 2/22.
The table of ports I think you posted 2 days ago shows the Bishu Hwy arriving in Halifax on 2/17. The original MarineTraffic schedule showed her arriving 2/17. It is now off of Halifax and the MarineTraffic schedule shows her arriving 2/18.

·
362 Posts
Bishu Hwy is docked at Halifax with a draught of 9.2m. Be interesting to see how long she stays and what her draught is when she leaves and will the docking at Davisville be affected.

·
214 Posts
Things are badly backed up in Houston right now due to massive power outages in Texas..
Thankfully, most power restored in Houston, now; but icy roads mean that some employees are having difficulty getting to work.

·
520 Posts
Lots of weather delays. The Cicero berthing at Houston has been pushed back to Sunday (+1 day).

·
141 Posts
Thankfully, most power restored in Houston, now; but icy roads mean that some employees are having difficulty getting to work.
Yes, but many people now have had burst pipes, do they now have emergency cleanup and repairs at home.

Yesterday I saw a backlog of ships at anchor outside of Galveston - if that starts to go down, then that means that workers are showing up.

SIEM Cicero will dock on Saturday - assuming no backlog.

·
520 Posts
Felicity Ace has departed Emden with a draught of 9.3 with scheduled arrival in Halifax on 3/1. It's on Davisville's schedule for 3/3, but noted as Mexico units (in error). An arrival at Houston is scheduled 3/13.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 First Edition arrived port-USA
375 Posts
Hmmmm .... now my money's on Felicity Ace. :ROFLMAO:
Felicity Ace has departed Emden with a draught of 9.3 with scheduled arrival in Halifax on 3/1. It's on Davisville's schedule for 3/3, but noted as Mexico units (in error). An arrival at Houston is scheduled 3/13.

·
362 Posts
Bishu Hwy is on the move again, MarineTraffic shows it due in Davisville on 20-Feb. Draught is now 8.7, down from 9.2, so it unloaded some vehicles.

·
520 Posts
I think we can take Swift Ace off our watch list. It appears to be getting the first berth in the webcam. The vehicles staged appear to be Porsche (hips don't lie?).

·
520 Posts
Reactions: RocketVol
181 - 200 of 256 Posts