Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1254 Posts

·
253 Posts
Green Bay is underway to Davisville. Don't expect to have my FE on there, but one can dream.

·
Proud FE owner
970 Posts
FWIW, there is a noteworthy ramp-up in calls on Davisville in December.

The SIEM Confucius (12/8) and SIEM Aristotle (12/26). These are the two LNG vessels. This will be the Aristotle's first arrival in the US.

Other arrivals from Germany:
12/4 - Green Bay
12/14 - Asian King
12/16 - Bishu Highway
12/25 - RCC America

All are noted as VW/Audi units. But that's a lot of vehicles!

Reactions: spaceid

·
253 Posts
So I have the following ships favorited on Vessel Finder:
  • Goodwood
  • Green Bay
  • Pleiades Leader
  • Siem Aristotle
  • Siem Cicero
  • Siem Confucius
  • Viking Queen
I will have to look at Asian King, Bishu Highway, and RCC America.

Anybody have any others?

Reactions: ErickF

·
Proud FE owner
970 Posts
Aristotle and Confucius should be the key vessels since they are LNG.

Reactions: spaceid

·
253 Posts
Aristotle and Confucius should be the key vessels since they are LNG.
Okay, so after doing some calculations I am estimating Siem Aristotle should be back to Davisville around 2/28. Which would make a good chance for deliveries along the East Coast for early March. I don't know how long it takes for the cars to make their journey from the ship to dealerships, so again just estimating.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,197 Posts
Over the road transport from Davisville to most New England dealerships is usually just a few days to a week at most .... providing there's no hangup in US Customs and/or VW port tech services.

·
67 Posts
I admire your tenacity at tracking the ships, but won't VW update your order status page when the car is done at the factory and ready to ship? Or are you trying to see when there may be a possibility of test drives at the dealerships?

·
217 Posts
On previous BMW deliveries, the tracking info was always weeks late, but I was able to call the Dealer and get the name of the ship and track myself. Perhaps VW will be better.

·
253 Posts
I admire your tenacity at tracking the ships, but won't VW update your order status page when the car is done at the factory and ready to ship? Or are you trying to see when there may be a possibility of test drives at the dealerships?
Personally I just find it fun because this is all new to me. I'm kind of a nerd, lol!

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
399 Posts

·
Proud FE owner
970 Posts
It's all so fascinating to me that there are vessels that carry twice as many cars as passengers onboard cruise ships I've been on. Then how the lots at the Port of Emden seem to be organized.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,197 Posts
I tracked my 2011 Audi A5 in January of that year from Emden to Davisville. No webcams but an annotated/updated seafaring map. The English Channel transit was particularly entertaining, although slow. Then watched it circling a full day off the RI coast awaiting a berth; not so much fun. But this time I think I'm just going to let myself be surprised. ;)
It seems we are not the first, with Porsche buyers having done similar tracking in 2013. Sadly, the RI webcam they used to watch the ship arrive seems to be down or gone. Tracking your car on the vessel from Emden

·
Proud FE owner
970 Posts
Okay, so after doing some calculations I am estimating Siem Aristotle should be back to Davisville around 2/28. Which would make a good chance for deliveries along the East Coast for early March. I don't know how long it takes for the cars to make their journey from the ship to dealerships, so again just estimating.
2/28 is looking spot on. SIEM Aristotle now has a scheduled berthing at Davisville 1/29 prior to return to Emden. Westbound crossings seem to be running close to 14 days currently. Guesswork:
  • Emden: 2/12-14
  • Davisville: 2/28
  • Houston: 3/6
Now the train to Seattle: forever!

·
253 Posts

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
399 Posts
Thank for this! I signed up to MarineTraffic and made my own little fleet with notifications. Really cool!
I was using Vesselfinder.com and just looked at MarineTraffic. Do you know if there is a benefit of one versus the other?

21 - 40 of 1254 Posts