Volkswagen ID Forum banner

601 - 620 of 981 Posts

·
9/23/20 Pro S —> 1/6/21 FE
15 Posts
Just got an email from my dealer. Arrived in port 4/5. Release to carrier 4/27 (Est). 3 weeks in port?
C'mon guys. I was hoping release to carrier 4/8.
Nooooooooooo. Mine arrived 4/5 also. Don’t tell me that, dfox! I googled and it’s only a 14 hour drive from Maryland to Florida. Maybe I can get my CDL license quicker than the 3 weeks to load it onto a truck! 😫

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
187 Posts
Good for you all who are progressing. I'm still stuck on step 4 (since March 12). I feel like my car got separated from the heard and forgotten about. Or maybe it's at the back of the factory and they forgot to load it on the truck. While I ordered the Pro S on day 1 (after moving from the FE) and changed to the 2nd chance FE, I feel like I am still on the Pro S shipping schedule.

·
Proud FE owner
906 Posts
Just got an email from my dealer. Arrived in port 4/5. Release to carrier 4/27 (Est). 3 weeks in port?
C'mon guys. I was hoping release to carrier 4/8.
Does your dealer know your production week? If prior to week 8, your ID.4 will have to wait in the queue for the software install. All vehicles are being transported from port to dealership in enclosed trailers, so there's a factor of getting it routed with the carrier.

Reactions: theboomr

·
71 Posts
Does your dealer know your production week? If prior to week 8, your ID.4 will have to wait in the queue for the software install. All vehicles are being transported from port to dealership in enclosed trailers, so there's a factor of getting it routed with the carrier.
The printout he sent me shows Production Week 0621. I'm surprised it was that early, that would be mid-February. It shows Production Complete 03/08/21

·
120 Posts
Nooooooooooo. Mine arrived 4/5 also. Don’t tell me that, dfox! I googled and it’s only a 14 hour drive from Maryland to Florida. Maybe I can get my CDL license quicker than the 3 weeks to load it onto a truck! 😫
LOL I also googled how far from Sparrow point down here!(13.5 hrs) I haven't heard back from my dealer yet on est arrival date

·
22 Posts
Good for you all who are progressing. I'm still stuck on step 4 (since March 12). I feel like my car got separated from the heard and forgotten about. Or maybe it's at the back of the factory and they forgot to load it on the truck. While I ordered the Pro S on day 1 (after moving from the FE) and changed to the 2nd chance FE, I feel like I am still on the Pro S shipping schedule.
Right there with ya buddy. I have a VIN of 178xx and I'm seeing people go to step 5 with VINs in the late 199xx and 209xx ranges. Guessing ours are tucked on a back lot in Germany and we'll see them by August.

Reactions: PGilly

·
25 Posts
Was on step 4 for six weeks and now on day 12 step 5. Vin 199xx port of entry is Houston. The sad part is after the very long wait you have to put up with the games they do at the dealership.

·
9/23/20 Pro S —> 1/6/21 FE
15 Posts
Was on step 4 for six weeks and now on day 12 step 5. Vin 199xx port of entry is Houston. The sad part is after the very long wait you have to put up with the games they do at the dealership.
Right? I just saw the post in the Facebook group of the Texas dealer adding a $5k market adjustment. I’m in Central Florida but I’m not looking forward to the sales process...

·
Proud FE owner
906 Posts
Right? I just saw the post in the Facebook group of the Texas dealer adding a $5k market adjustment. I’m in Central Florida but I’m not looking forward to the sales process...
Not mention the other nefarious charges. Would love to understand what "Family Guarantee" and "Connected and Protected" are.

·
150 Posts
My VIN is 248xx, but I have no idea where it is. VW tells me it is on the way to the US! As far as the time it takes from unloading at a dock to the time it arrives at the dealer can possibly be partially do to paperwork. I have sold many vehicles to private parties and it is an instant transaction, but last Saturday I sold a vehicle to a dealer, and they are still screwing around with the paperwork to pay me, pick up the vehicle, and complete the transaction! :confused:

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
539 Posts
I think the "Family Guarantee" is your guaranteeing the dealer's family a nice vacation! "Connected and Protected" just means they are tracking you and the dealer can protect their interest.

Reactions: ErickF

·
112 Posts
Updates.
Aristotle (LNG)CiceroBishu HwyConfucius (LNG)GoodwoodViking QueenMediterranean HwyFelicity AcePlato
Emden
4/3​
3/20​
3/27​
3/14​
3/3​
TBDTBD
Davisville
4/20​
4/10​
3/31​
not sched
4/26​
5/11​
Baltimore
3/30​
3/16​
Jacksonville
4/8​
4/6​
3/23​
Houston
4/13​
4/16​
3/30​
5/11​
5/3​

• The Viking Queen may be coming out of rotation
  • The Siem Plato has come into play. It's currently in the Panama Canal headed for the Atlantic

Berthing Schedules:
I have some San Diego deliveries coming? Vessel Loaded #161 ... not corresponding with our typical East Coast ships... any insight for me!!

·
Proud FE owner
906 Posts
I have some San Diego deliveries coming? Vessel Loaded #161 ... not corresponding with our typical East Coast ships... any insight for me!!
In looking at the Port of San Diego berthing schedule, I'm not seeing anything that looks like it's trans-canal from Europe.

I wonder if these may be going by rail via Veracruz. That would be odd for how controlled the early deliveries have been, travelling by enclosed truck carrier from US ports.

Vessel 161 is a mystery...

·
22 Posts
Med Hwy should be docking in Baltimore tonight, but I'm not sure how many ID.4 could be on it considering it's been almost 5 weeks since it left Emden.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
626 Posts
Med Hwy should be docking in Baltimore tonight, but I'm not sure how many ID.4 could be on it considering it's been almost 5 weeks since it left Emden.
It is coming up from the south, so the ID.4 are probably all unloaded. Right now it is mainly carrying cars built in Mexico.

Bishu Highway is currently in Halifax - I think that's the next ship with ID.4 that will reach Baltimore.

SIEM Aristotle is still in Emden - they changed their route showin their next stop is Davisville RI. But they haven't even left the pier yet.

·
596 Posts
Bishu Highway has left Halifax and is due into Davisville 9-April at 7pm.
Siem Aristotle is showing a 19-April arrival date in Davisville, but as ericy has said, it is still moored in Emden where it has been for 5 days.

601 - 620 of 981 Posts