Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1232 Posts

·
29 Posts
I went yesterday to let them make me a trade in offer and he checked status. So not on a truck, but released to carrier. Who knows how long getting on a truck actually takes as it seems there is a shortage of truck drivers also. They did come in right in the middle of my offers from KBB, carmax and carvana so I will trade in with them. Giving up the difference in highest offer from carvana is definitely worth the headache of having to deal with another entity for me.
Yes, one of my clients is a contract packaging company and they've had issues getting product in because of trucking shortages. We can continue to hope!

·
29 Posts
Yes, one of my clients is a contract packaging company and they've had issues getting product in because of trucking shortages. We can continue to hope!
And they were hot for my "beach" car -- an '07 Beetle convertible with only 85,000 miles -- and said they'd make a nice trade-in offer but we're keeping it. Too much fun when the weather's right for a drop-top!

·
ID.4 Pro S, Blue / Lunar Gray
18 Posts
@LeighSC and @sonomaEV: when did you order, when did you move to step 4? I'm trying to figure out why my order is late.
Here's my timeline:

10/13/20 reserved.
2/08/21 order locked.
3/20/21 leaving factory.
4/25/21 Arrive in US.
Step 6 was skipped - Prepare for purchase.
4/28/21 Arrive at dealer (Notice via email/portal).
4/29/21 Dealer Called
TBD Purchase/Pickup

·
ID.4 Pro S, Moonstone Gray w/Galaxy Black
25 Posts
Not sure what is going with VW. I have been at Step 5 since 4/7. It is a little frustrating since I placed my order on 9/23, and people who ordered well after me are getting their cars.

·
55 Posts
Not sure what is going with VW. I have been at Step 5 since 4/7. It is a little frustrating since I placed my order on 9/23, and people who ordered well after me are getting their cars.
I’m in the same situation as you. My FE went to step 5 on 4/7, I confirmed with VW customer care and my dealer that the car has been released to transport and then nothing. They can‘t tell me the date it was released or give me an ETA. All they tell me is it should be any day now.

·
ID.4 Pro, Mythos Black
62 Posts
It's because dealers have no idea what's going on. I'm sure Volkswagen is running the show on everything and just let's dealers know when it is coming to them. The dealership is technically not Volkswagen it just sells them as a private party. I'm on step 5 in the USA (reserved on 4/6 must be a cancelled order) and when I called my dealer they had no clue...telling me I'll get it in 3-4 months 😅.

·
55 Posts
It's because dealers have no idea what's going on. I'm sure Volkswagen is running the show on everything and just let's dealers know when it is coming to them. The dealership is technically not Volkswagen it just sells them as a private party. I'm on step 5 in the USA (reserved on 4/6 must be a cancelled order) and when I called my dealer they had no clue...telling me I'll get it in 3-4 months 😅.
But VW customer care themselves can not tell me when the car was picked up, where it currently is or when it will get to the dealer. So my car is somewhere between Baltimore and Delray Beach Florida for the past 23 days. The only thing anyone tells me is that it will be there any day, and that began over a week ago.

·
ID.4 Pro, Mythos Black
62 Posts
Lol yeah I don't think VW customer care has a clue either. I meant Volkswagen mother company in Germany is running the show and not communicating sht to anyone. I work for a German company WACKER and this seems so familiar to how they do things

·
15 Posts
I was at step six for one day. Then back to step five for three weeks. Now I'm on step four again. Been there around a week.

If this keeps going the car is going to be disassembled. I ordered my Pro S immediately on the website once it was functional during their launch event on youtube.

Frustrating.

·
ID.4 ProS RWD Dusk Blue/Black
9 Posts
@LeighSC and @sonomaEV: when did you order, when did you move to step 4? I'm trying to figure out why my order is late.
Just went to step 6! We were at the dealer today and saw pretty much every configuration... they received a huge delivery this week. We were pleasantly surprised by the two tone brown / black on the ProS which was a potential deal killer. We also confirmed our car was dropped at San Diego for some reason despite Benicia being far closer.

Here are our dates:

Ordered 12/12/20
Step 4 on 3/14/21
Step 5 on 4/23/21
Step 6 on 4/30/21

·
5 Posts
Woo hoo! The long wait is over! This baby's in my garage! I can tell you all that it's worth the wait, the frustration, the wondering, etc. Hopefully you'll all get yours soon, and I'll see you all out on the road!

For those that are wondering on the timeline:
ID.4 Pro S (Statement)
VIN: xxxxxx022586
11/13/20 reserved
1/14/21 locked for production
3/13/21 leaving factory
4/24/21 arrival in CA
4/28/21 arrival at dealership
4/30/21 purchase, in my garage

·
257 Posts
Just went to step 6! We were at the dealer today and saw pretty much every configuration... they received a huge delivery this week. We were pleasantly surprised by the two tone brown / black on the ProS which was a potential deal killer. We also confirmed our car was dropped at San Diego for some reason despite Benicia being far closer.

Here are our dates:

Ordered 12/12/20
Step 4 on 3/14/21
Step 5 on 4/23/21
Step 6 on 4/30/21
Thanks! I was going to skip it, but I guess I'll go in to Santa Rosa today and take a look. How was the test drive?

·
10 Posts
Still at 4 of 7 (March 18) for a base Pro. Thinking it is on the Viking Queen headed for San Diego. The Viking Queen is in the Panama Canal this morning, expected to arrive San Diego May 8.

Has anyone seen pics of the black cloth interior? Can you share?

·
ID.4 Pro, Mythos Black
62 Posts
Still at 4 of 7 (March 18) for a base Pro. Thinking it is on the Viking Queen headed for San Diego. The Viking Queen is in the Panama Canal this morning, expected to arrive San Diego May 8.

Has anyone seen pics of the black cloth interior? Can you share?

See this website for cloth interior. I really like it

·
10 Posts

·
257 Posts
Is there any way to find out what the ship number of the Viking Queen is? Dealer says my car is on a ship with number of 78.

·
20 Posts
I got a call today from a dealer in Irving who has a blue FE available if anyone‘s in the area looking to get one while they wait.

1101 - 1120 of 1232 Posts