Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1232 Posts

·
28 Posts
Just joined the ship stalking game. FWIW, ours is a plain old PRO, locked on 3/15. Just moved to Step 4.

What is the best heuristic to determine the boat? I don't see any ship carrier that has departed from Emden in the last few days. The closest is Green Bay, that just departed from Antwerpen. Is that a possibility?

·
257 Posts
What is the best heuristic to determine the boat? I don't see any ship carrier that has departed from Emden in the last few days. The closest is Green Bay, that just departed from Antwerpen. Is that a possibility?
Good question! Most of the ships and schedule were on a VW export schedule that somebody posted some weeks ago. The last ship on that is the Goodwood, which left Emden April 24. The next into Houston after that is the Siem Plato, which left April 29. But who found the two ships that went through the Panama Canal? And how?

·
ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey
100 Posts
My Pro S arrived at dealer on Saturday 5/1 ... happy days!
These are my times:
Step 3 to Step 4: 79 days ... all those darn FE's in production ahead of me:)
Step 4 to Step 5: 32 days ... on boat about 14 days after "Leaving Factory" and the rest on boat
Step 5 to Step 6: 5 days to supposedly load on a transport. In reality, car was already on transport 1-2 days after arrival in Jacksonville, FL.
Step 6 to Step 7: 1 day to arrive at Dealer yeah!!!

Now I just have to work through the dealer process

·
ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey
100 Posts
Do all southeast shipments go thorough Jacksonville, or would an ID4 for NC go through Baltimore or RI?
I seems that several recent ID.4 SC and NC deliveries have gone through Jacksonville, but no guarantee. Several of us looked up the dealer monroney stickers for inventory cars to get an idea of which port they use.

·
2021 Pro-S
60 Posts
The Felicity Ace ship arrives in Houston and the Bishu Highway arrives in Baltimore TODAY 5/3. Time to watch your wheel of fortune again.

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
213 Posts
Hi PGilly, Did you pick up your car already? I am picking it up today from Jorge. If you already did, anything I need to pay attention to when picking up?
Pick up went ok. They will have you test drive again to make sure you want the car. You will deal with the salesman, manager, and finance person. He will try to scare you to get GAP insurance and extended warranty. Other than that it was pretty straight forward. I wished we could have done the VW credit app online. That would have spread up the process some. I don’t know if you are buying or leasing. I bought. They tried to give me 2.6% instead of 2.06% because they thought I was going to do a 72 months instead of 60.

But I got my deposit and $1500 credit fine. Good luck. I’m enjoying the car.

·
Pro S RWD
15 Posts
VW's still doing 2.06 percent for May, right? Hoping my Pro S will go from step 4 (where it's been since April 4) to my driveway this month at some point, want to make sure I have the current rates now that it's not April anymore.

·
35 Posts
Pick up went ok. They will have you test drive again to make sure you want the car. You will deal with the salesman, manager, and finance person. He will try to scare you to get GAP insurance and extended warranty. Other than that it was pretty straight forward. I wished we could have done the VW credit app online. That would have spread up the process some. I don’t know if you are buying or leasing. I bought. They tried to give me 2.6% instead of 2.06% because they thought I was going to do a 72 months instead of 60.

But I got my deposit and $1500 credit fine. Good luck. I’m enjoying the car.
Thanks PGilly. I most likely will lease the car and prefer not to apply for credit on their website due to security concerns. Thanks for all the tips. Hope my car will behave as well after I bring it home. BTW, they are putting people on the wait list for the CA clean fuel rebate of $2K because the program ran out of funding at this time.

·
Mythos Black FE- Reservation January 13 (Previously Pro S), Jan 13, 9:45 AM PST
213 Posts
Hi PGilly, Did you pick up your car already? I am picking it up today from Jorge. If you already did, anything I need to pay attention to when picking up?
How did it go?

·
3 Posts
I seems that several recent ID.4 SC and NC deliveries have gone through Jacksonville, but no guarantee. Several of us looked up the dealer monroney stickers for inventory cars to get an idea of which port they use.
Where do you get the monroney sticker info?

1121 - 1140 of 1232 Posts