Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1254 Posts

·
68 Posts
I've been on Step 5 Since April 14th, was able to find my assigned VIN using the dev tools in chrome. It looks like there are sub-steps that can be tracked via the reservation site. I went from status code 30- to 35-1 on May 5th. When I reached out to the dealer they said the car was loaded onto a train and being delivered by rail. So, 3 weeks from arrival in port to being loaded onto a rail car.

I am not versed in reading through an HAR file but i did find some information. I'm curious if 35-1, 35-2, 35-3 refer to different shipping methods or just stages in tracking transportation.

Step 4 "Leaving the Factory" orderStatusCode = 20-1, 20-2
Step 5 "Arriving in the US" orderStatusCode = 30/, 30-1, 30-2, 30-3, 35\, 35-1, 35-2, 35-3, 40\
Step 6 "Prepare for Purchase" orderStatusCode = ?
Step 7 "Arriving at Dealer" orderStatusCode= 50\
Interesting. I just checked and I am at orderStatusCode 35-2. The last information I received is that my ID has been released to the transporter ( 3 or 4 weeks ago). No one can tell me the exact date.

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
104 Posts
The orderStatusCode model has changed a number of times since Dec., and they have moved some codes to different steps. There are a number of things that were in the portal in the early days as placeholders that they didn't end up using when the fleshed out the later steps/stages.

·
10 Posts
Went to step 5 of 7 today (May 5). Step 4 of 7 was March 18. Base Pro. Dealer said previously the port would be San Diego. Printed the Moroney sticker from WithClutch this morning (0244xx) and yep it shows San Diego. Same VIN from Dealer info in March. I thought it would have been on the Viking Queen - obviously I was wrong. So... I don't know how it arrived San Diego - other port and rail? Or previous ship and it just took a while to process? Will wait patiently for transport to Las Vegas.
My VW wheel of ??? is still at 5 of 7. But, my dealer In Las Vegas just notified me the ID.4 has just arrived on their lot. Plan to pick it up tomorrow (May 8).

·
143 Posts
My VW wheel of ??? is still at 5 of 7. But, my dealer In Las Vegas just notified me the ID.4 has just arrived on their lot. Plan to pick it up tomorrow (May 8).
I was at Findlay Henderson Wednesday, they had a Black/Black Pro and 2 Pro S/G one Bk/Bk and one W/Bk. Sounded like all were turned down by the people ordering. Think the north side has another Pro S/G Bk on Bk. Just wish someone would back out on a Pro S Blue/Grey so I can skip ahead.

·
8 Posts
I was at step 5 this morning but also received a call from my dealership around noon that preorder is here. (Basic Pro in white). Heading out tomorrow for pickup.

·
ID.4 Pro, Mythos Black
133 Posts
Congratulations to both of you! That teaches me a lesson to stop looking at the unreliable reservation site and just wait for a phone call from dealership

·
323 Posts
After 58 days at step 4, it moved to step 5 this morning! I almost didn't check because there were no new ships arriving at port. The strange thing is the sticker says port of entry is Benicia. As far as I know there hasn't been a ship with ID.4s calling there in weeks, and the Viking Queen isn't due into San Diego until later today. I wonder where the car really is.

·
463 Posts
Reactions: Skirmish

·
143 Posts
If you are willing to travel a little you could skip ahead, there are about 10 Pro S now on lots in the Denver area like this one:
New 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 Pro S Blue/Grey
Some are already discounting the Pro S by $3000 off MSRP like this one:
ID.4 Pro S SUV in transit
I drove to SLC to get a mountain bike so it’s not out of the question. It should help move the cue faster too. Who are these people waiting so long then cancelling when it’s on the lot?

edit: I just found a SLC dealer with 17 ID4 on the lot, one is the model I’m waiting for. The idea that these cars are rare is starting to seem silly.

·
463 Posts
Who are these people waiting so long then cancelling when it’s on the lot?
The ones who like the wheel of pain, but don't really want the car :cautious: Its much more exciting to think about getting a new car than it is figuring out how to pay for it when it finally arrives.

·
10 Posts
And the wheel of ??? rotated to step 6 of 7 this morning. The wheel is clearly not timely!!!

·
4 Posts
After 58 days at step 4, it moved to step 5 this morning! I almost didn't check because there were no new ships arriving at port. The strange thing is the sticker says port of entry is Benicia. As far as I know there hasn't been a ship with ID.4s calling there in weeks, and the Viking Queen isn't due into San Diego until later today. I wonder where the car really is.
Mine also moved to step 5 this morning, with port of entry as Benicia. I also assumed my car was on Viking queen

·
323 Posts
Mine also moved to step 5 this morning, with port of entry as Benicia. I also assumed my car was on Viking queen
The thing is it doesn't appear as if Viking Queen is going to make a call at Benicia. Maybe they're offloading at San Diego and trucking up to Benicia for distribution. That happened with a least a couple of cars from the previous ship that stopped in San Diego.

·
2021 Pro-S
73 Posts
The Viking Queen vehicle carrier ship is arriving in San Diego today. It left Emden, Germany on April 15th. Some lucky western US folks will be moving to Step 5 very soon.

·
4 Posts
The thing is it doesn't appear as if Viking Queen is going to make a call at Benicia. Maybe they're offloading at San Diego and trucking up to Benicia for distribution. That happened with a least a couple of cars from the previous ship that stopped in San Diego.
It looks like Viking Queen is headed for Benicia now

·
4 Posts
Where are you seeing that? It makes sense that it would, but Marine Traffic doesn't have Benicia as a destination, and the Benicia arrival schedule doesn't list it either.
Yeah you’re right, I misinterpreted BCN as Benicia but it’s Beacon/New York. Sorry about that. I can’t say paying attending to shipping routes was a hobby of mine before this!

·
2021 Pro-S
73 Posts
Yeah you’re right, I misinterpreted BCN as Benicia but it’s Beacon/New York. Sorry about that. I can’t say paying attending to shipping routes was a hobby of mine before this!
But it says the Viking Queen will arrive at US BCN on May 11! It could not be New York. Something is goofy.

1201 - 1220 of 1254 Posts