Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1254 Posts

·
2021 Pro-S
73 Posts
Yeah I saw the date and just assumed Benicia without much thought. I guess we will have to watch and see where it ends up
It can't be Beacon, NY. That is on the Hudson river. That would not be a destination for a vehicles ship. I bet an error was made and it should have been US BNC, but like you say, we will see. It appears that my car (Pro-S) was unloaded at San Diego (I live in AZ) because I moved to Step 5 today. I ordered on March 18, and left factory on April 7.

·
4 Posts
The thing is it doesn't appear as if Viking Queen is going to make a call at Benicia. Maybe they're offloading at San Diego and trucking up to Benicia for distribution. That happened with a least a couple of cars from the previous ship that stopped in San Diego.
Mine moved to step 5 yesterday as well, and shows San Diego as the port of entry on the sticker.

·
634 Posts
Viking Queen is showing going to Benicia. If you do a "route forecast" it tracks to Benicia at the head of the San Fransisco Bay. It is showing a draught of 7.8m, which is fairly empty.

·
323 Posts
Viking Queen is showing going to Benicia. If you do a "route forecast" it tracks to Benicia at the head of the San Fransisco Bay. It is showing a draught of 7.8m, which is fairly empty.
Right, just recently updated from Hudson River beacon. Port schedule was also updated to reflect its arrival tomorrow.

·
Pro S RWD
19 Posts
My "estimated date" moved from June to June-July a day after the car moved from stage 4 to stage 5, so I'm not sure how reliable we ought to consider those estimates. The dealer had sent me last month an estimate from a VW system that said May 9-May 23, and the car arrived in Baltimore yesterday, so that seems maybe more accurate.
Dealer says the car is still in port and should arrive by May 24, in case anyone else is waiting on a delivery through Baltimore. That’d be about three weeks in port before departing.

·
ID.4 Pro S, Moonstone Gray w/Galaxy Black
30 Posts
After 35 days at step 5 I finally made it to step 6. Hopefully I’ll hear from my dealer soon and I can pick it up Friday when I’m off work.
That is awesome news. Same thing for me I went to Step 6 yesterday and was called by the dealer. We were able to go in and complete the paper work. Will pickup today if the PIM is completed.

·
68 Posts
That is awesome news. Same thing for me I went to Step 6 yesterday and was called by the dealer. We were able to go in and complete the paper work. Will pickup today if the PIM is completed.
Haven’t heard from the dealer yet, but I hope to in the next day or 2

·
ID.4 Pro, Mythos Black
133 Posts
It’s official. Just heard from my dealer and my car has arrived. I am set to pick it up Friday between 10 and 11. 🥳
Congrats 👏. I'm so jealous I want mine too now! My truck sold in 1 week for like 3k above clean retail and I'm currently driving my 13 year old Mazda 6 with squeaking suspension 😖😭

·
68 Posts
I’m currently driving a borrowed 2012 Sonata since the lease ended on my Bolt in November. I can’t wait to get back into an electric car and not have to go to a gas station ever again (unless it is to Wawa to get some food)

·
42 Posts
SIEM Confucius arrives tomorrow (May 18th) to Davisville. Hopefully it will deliver cars for some people. We are on the West Coast, so nothing for us until it reaches Houston ... (unless it has a bunch of West Coast cars and goes further down and then through Panama).

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Maybe I missed it but, how do people know which ship their car is on?
I cannot speak for others but in my case the salesman gave me a status screen shot. On that screen shot was the build date, shipping date and the three digit number for the ship bringing it here to the US. I posted the ship's number on here and shortly thereafter I had the ship's name. Using a maritime website I was able to track the ship from Bremen to Halifax to Davisville to Houston where the ID.4 was offloaded. I was even able to watch in real time as the ship passed the live camera atop the San Jacinto Monument aside the Houston Ship Channel. The voyage took 20 days. Ten days later I drove it off the dealer's lot here in San Antonio. Talk about an obsession!

·
8 Posts
Thank you for the information. My sales person has never offered any of that info to me and I didn't even know he could see it. I guess I'll have to give him a call today.

·
ID.4 Pro, Mythos Black
133 Posts
Me neither...but just now he called me saying my car is on a truck and will be at the dealership in 1-3 days :eek::po_O:cool:(y)

·
8 Posts
Well, things ended up working well for me. I am not a big fan of the brown dash in the Pro S and would have made other choices if I'd known at the time I reserved mine. I mentioned my feelings to my sales person and he was able to find me a FE which I just took delivery on. The white will likely have me paranoid for awhile but I do like how it looks. Looks like someone else will get a chance at my original Pro S Gradient and will likely appreciate the colors of the interior. I'm definitely feeling pretty happy right now.

·
2021 Pro-S
73 Posts
I reached Step 5 (Arriving in the US) on May 8 when my vehicle was unloaded in San Diego. I live in the Phoenix area (350 miles away), but there has been no progress since that date (today is May 23). Question: How long has it taken for people for their car to advance from the port to the dealer? Is 3 weeks or so a common timeframe?
I know that part of the time is dependent on Customs inspection and the other is dependent on land transportation logistics.

1221 - 1240 of 1254 Posts