Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1408 Posts

·
58 Posts
Hope it moves on quickly :) ETA at Halifax is 9/14 at 8:30am

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
169 Posts
Welp, Siem Cicero appears to be heading for port in England. Must have technical difficulties. The cars on Cicero will be late being delivered.

Product Azure Purple Rectangle Font

·
58 Posts
Welp, Siem Cicero appears to be heading for port in England. Must have technical difficulties. The cars on Cicero will be late being delivered.

View attachment 5571
I think you can ignore the Provenance field on ShipFix. For Siem Confucius it still says someplace in the Azores, even as it’s approaching Halifax.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
169 Posts
I think you can ignore the Provenance field on ShipFix. For Siem Confucius it still says someplace in the Azores, even as it’s approaching Halifax.
Hope you are right.

·
777 Posts
Cicero just seems to be treading water going nowhere at 0.5kts.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
169 Posts
Cicero just seems to be treading water going nowhere at 0.5kts.
Yeah. It got up to 5 knots recently but has now backed off again. Something isn't right.

·
58 Posts
Siem Confucius is 13 hours out of Halifax, and the Cicero is underway out of the Channel at full speed… May the seas be calm!

·
8 Posts
So it appears Bishu Highway is about to dock at Emden in the next day, and according to this schedule ( Davisville Berthing Schedule – NORAD Inc. ) is due to Davisville, RI on 9/29. I got my "left the factory" email on Saturday so fingers crossed the car makes it onto this boat since I'm taking delivery in Maine. Not sure travel time from plant to Emden, but I'm hoping I make it as I don't see another date on the current Davisville caneldar that indicates VW/Audi units coming from Ger - only a few Mex ones (assuming i'm reading all this right)

·
165 Posts
So it appears Bishu Highway is about to dock at Emden in the next day, and according to this schedule ( Davisville Berthing Schedule – NORAD Inc. ) is due to Davisville, RI on 9/29. I got my "left the factory" email on Saturday so fingers crossed the car makes it onto this boat since I'm taking delivery in Maine. Not sure travel time from plant to Emden, but I'm hoping I make it as I don't see another date on the current Davisville caneldar that indicates VW/Audi units coming from Ger - only a few Mex ones (assuming i'm reading all this right)
This is a good link, thanks for posting. If Bishu Highway is due in Davisville on the 29th, it needs to leave Emden around Thursday. The logistic guide given to dealers says 3-5 days to get to Emden, but I've read here that the train ride from the plant to Emden is around 13 hrs, so keep your fingers crossed. I wouldn't give up hope if you don't make the Bishu. Aristotle is headed back to Emden and it's not listed on the schedule you posted. Every ship doesn't stop at every port, but a lot of them stop at Davisville. I see a lot of VAG vehicles driving around in MA, so it seems to back that up. 🤪

·
8 Posts
According to this from VW its 3-5 days at the factory and then 7-10 days at emden:
Yeah - I've seen that. I think that's broad strokes for dealers to give high level estimates without knowing where boats are, when cars leave factory, etc. I feel like knowing that my car left the factory within a few days before a ship leaving port to head to my destination hopefully means they're planning to make sure certain cars are prioritized to in production to optimize supply chain vs. just making cars in the order they came in then having to pay for them to sit here/there and wherever taking up space. You'd think a global car manufacturer would have that nailed down to minimize storage costs & maximize efficiency... but then again, who knows - some people seem to wind up sitting for long periods after "leaving the factory".

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
169 Posts
- some people seem to wind up sitting for long periods after "leaving the factory".
Could be some vehciles are put into containment hold until missing parts are back in stock. Nothing would surprise me in this post covid world.

·
64 Posts
Well, Mine did update to 20-2 today, so I am guessing that is my confirmation that we are aboard the good ship Cicero.

I'm going to venture a guess that we'll be seeing delivery right around halloween.

·
777 Posts
Siem Confucius arrived at Halifax at 06:10 this morning, 14-Sept.

·
777 Posts
Siem Confucius left Halifax at 1:00pm today, 14-Sept, heading for Davisville, ETA 16-Sept 09:30. Only 7 hrs in port at Halifax.

Reactions: JPWhite and jsflew

·
34 Posts
I have a locked order for an AWD Pro S with an estimated delivery date of Nov - Dec. My status is listed as "03" and no longer shows the usual XX-X status codes that folks have been reporting in this tread. Is anyone else seeing this status code and does
Siem Confucius left Halifax at 1:00pm today, 14-Sept, heading for Davisville, ETA 16-Sept 09:30. Only 7 hrs in port at Halifax.
Curious if this is fast or slow and what we can read into it? It doesn't seem like an outlier for recent past stops but I can't see enough history to make any kind of meaningful conclusion.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD
169 Posts
Siem Cicero is 7 days out from Baltimore. So we should see two deliveries within 5 days of each other. Lots more ID4's :)

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,048 Posts
Curious if this is fast or slow and what we can read into it? It doesn't seem like an outlier for recent past stops but I can't see enough history to make any kind of meaningful conclusion.
A bit on the fast side, but at the end of the day the length of time the ship stays in port depends on how many cars need to get offloaded. You can sort of tell something by how the draught changes when the ship leaves port - it obviously gets lighter, and it rides higher in the water.

But this is the first batch of ships that will be delivering ID.4 to Canada, so in the past they were just offloading other models. Thus we don't have a lot of past experience to draw from here..

1341 - 1360 of 1408 Posts