Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 1408 Posts

·
58 Posts
It went up a half a meter in draught… no idea how many cars that equates to… I suppose we could attempt to use Archimedes’ principal but I don’t know it’s hull shape…

·
777 Posts
I just came back from running some errands and my status had moved from 15-2 to 20-1 and the wheel of torture advanced to "Leaving the Factory". I got my VIN yesterday while I was at 15-2 status.

Reactions: davisog

·
165 Posts
I just came back from running some errands and my status had moved from 15-2 to 20-1 and the wheel of torture advanced to "Leaving the Factory". I got my VIN yesterday while I was at 15-2 status.
You're on fire!

·
2021 VW ID.4 AWD Pro S w/Gradient
3 Posts
I just moved up to 20-2. With that, I will assume that means my car is on this boat.
I got my "leaving the factory" email back on Sept. 1 (and had flipped to 20-1 a couple days prior), but am still stuck on 20-1, just watching ship after ship leave Emden.

·
34 Posts
I got my "leaving the factory" email back on Sept. 1 (and had flipped to 20-1 a couple days prior), but am still stuck on 20-1, just watching ship after ship leave Emden.
Your experience has me worried...I received email on 9/9 and status flipped a couple days before then so I might be headed down the same path that you are on...

·
165 Posts
Your experience has me worried...I received email on 9/9 and status flipped a couple days before then so I might be headed down the same path that you are on...
I wouldn't be worried yet. My status flipped on 8/28 and I'm still at 20-1. I suspect that there wasn't as much room on the past two ships. There are all types of VAG vehicles on there, not just ones from Zwickau.

Reactions: tothemoon

·
777 Posts
Siem Confucius is treading water off of Rhode Island, probably waiting for an open port.

This is something that surprised me, the last two ships that left Emden were not as full as I have seen them in the past.

·
34 Posts
Siem Confucius is treading water off of Rhode Island, probably waiting for an open port.

This is something that surprised me, the last two ships that left Emden were not as full as I have seen them in the past.
How can we tell how full they are? is this based on the draught?

·
777 Posts
How can we tell how full they are? is this based on the draught?
Yes, if you are using MarineTraffic, the only way is to tell by the draught. If you are using ShipFix they give a percent loaded, but they don't seem to agree with MarineTraffic. I am not sure which one is more accurate. Over time you learn what ships have what for full/empty draughts as they are not all the same.

Reactions: tothemoon

·
34 Posts
Yes, if you are using MarineTraffic, the only way is to tell by the draught. If you are using ShipFix they give a percent loaded, but they don't seem to agree with MarineTraffic. I am not sure which one is more accurate. Over time you learn what ships have what for full/empty draughts as they are not all the same.
Thanks for the confirmation. I guess the key assumption is that the mix of cars is roughly the same each time a ship sets off? The reason I ask is that I assume a boat load of VW Golfs is much lighter than a boat load of ID4s. I doubt the whole ship would be filled with one type of car but since one ID4 is one and a half golfs, that would it harder to interpret the draught?

·
ID.4 Pro S Blue
44 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation. I guess the key assumption is that the mix of cars is roughly the same each time a ship sets off? The reason I ask is that I assume a boat load of VW Golfs is much lighter than a boat load of ID4s. I doubt the whole ship would be filled with one type of car but since one ID4 is one and a half golfs, that would it harder to interpret the draught?
You are certainly correct that the VW ships carry a wide variety of vehicles. The ship Mediterranean Highway arrived in Houston on September 7th, and carried a grand total of 12 ID.4s. A couple days after a given ship has disembarked, you can view the ship’s manifest at this website:

You DO NOT need to fill in all fields - just the ship name, US port, and arrival date will do. The Mediterranean Highway was carrying a dizzying array of vehicles, new and used, as well as tractors and other miscellaneous vehicles.

·
58 Posts
Well Siem Confucius is waiting off Providence for a 9:30am (local time) docking slot tomorrow morning … I guess VW isn’t going to pay the Longshoremen overtime to work at night ;-) We’ll use that site to check the manifest, thanks!

·
777 Posts
A little behind schedule but SIEM Confucius is almost at Davisille, RI dock.
Confucius is now docked at Davisville.

Reactions: jsflew

·
18 Posts
And 7 hours later, looks like it is back out to sea (after hopefully unloading many AWD ID.4s!)
Does not look like the Draught changed much

Draught was 8.4m when it left EMDEN
Draught was 8.2m when it left Halifax
Draught was 8.1m when it left DAVISVILLE

1361 - 1380 of 1408 Posts