Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1781 - 1800 of 1871 Posts

·
73 Posts
The hopeful way to look at it is maybe you will get the new improved 12v battery or updated ECMs that VW has mentioned are needed for the 3.0 update. If thats the case it would be especially helpful if they would tell us that so we could be less mad about more delays.
Sucks as it does, I don't think VW owes us any explanation except that there is a delay and to keep us posted on the arrival dates. Manufacturing and supply chain logistics are complex, and there are many exceptions in the process that the end customer doesn't need to know about. They may be waiting to upgrade the firmware to a newer version because the OTA isn't working on certain modules (I made that up). There might be a government warning label they are legally required to apply to the dashboard that they missed in production. Who knows; it doesn't really matter as it's all part of the inner workings off the process. As long as I get my car in perfect condition with a predictable timeline.

·
41 Posts
But no one representing VW has communicated with me and, as far as I know, anyone else who's waiting for their ID4 to be delivered...

I guess I'll call the dealership and see if they're aware of the delay and have any additional info...

·
13 Posts
Something is definitely up. My vehicle was offloaded October 25th in Jacksonville. I live in Jacksonville so I figured maybe a week to get to the dealer and prepped for sale. So far, the dealer has not heard anything and has no information about the vehicle, where it is or why it is delayed. I see no evidence of a customs delay, either. So, similar issues here on the east coast to those being experienced on the west coast.

·
24 Posts
Something is definitely up. My vehicle was offloaded October 25th in Jacksonville. I live in Jacksonville so I figured maybe a week to get to the dealer and prepped for sale. So far, the dealer has not heard anything and has no information about the vehicle, where it is or why it is delayed. I see no evidence of a customs delay, either. So, similar issues here on the east coast to those being experienced on the west coast.
Is yours an awd?

·
7 Posts
Yes, it was for you. It seems like most stuck are awd.
My car is RWD and was unloaded at Baltimore Port on Nov. 5th. My dealership is in South Jersey only 2 hours from port. My dealer does not know why it is taking so long. Original estimate was delivered by the 17th and then changed to between the 17th and 21st. I will post if it shows up, but not holding my breath.

Did anyone that had a car come into Baltimore on the Mediterranean Highway on the 5th have their car delivered?

·
24 Posts
My car is RWD and was unloaded at Baltimore Port on Nov. 5th. My dealership is in South Jersey only 2 hours from port. My dealer does not know why it is taking so long. Original estimate was delivered by the 17th and then changed to between the 17th and 21st. I will post if it shows up, but not holding my breath.

Did anyone that had a car come into Baltimore on the Mediterranean Highway on the 5th have their car delivered?
Thanks for the additional info.

·
2022 , ID.4 Pro S AWD
102 Posts
I just got an email from my sales rep that he expects my car to arrive this weekend! Go figure?
I told my dealer about you. This is what she said.

"
So I also just checked and there are 5 AWD at port and none scheduled to land before 12/4.
That dealer lied to your friend.
I have a portal that shows me all awd that are allocated to a dealership in Southern California and all the vehicles that are currently at Port are scheduled to arrive at their prospective dealerships 12/4-12/9 per the vw portal

·
2022 , ID.4 Pro S AWD
102 Posts
More from her:

"Looks like there are 30 awd sitting at the port

I truly don’t believe anything is wrong with them. I’ve had two RWD units sit at port 2.5 months! I thought they weren’t going to come at all! But they just showed up finally. I don’t think that’s the case with your car because it’s been updating in the portal frequent enough that I just think the port processing is delayed (or understaffed I’ve heard)"

·
40 Posts
More from her:

"Looks like there are 30 awd sitting at the port

I truly don’t believe anything is wrong with them. I’ve had two RWD units sit at port 2.5 months! I thought they weren’t going to come at all! But they just showed up finally. I don’t think that’s the case with your car because it’s been updating in the portal frequent enough that I just think the port processing is delayed (or understaffed I’ve heard)"
A sales manager from South Bay VW called this afternoon and said my car was at the dealership and I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 10:00AM to pick it up. Just to confirm, mine is a Moonstone Gray RWD Pro w/Gradient package. 30-1 Arrived in Port on 11/6. 30-2 11/8. VW email 11/9. 30-3 11/10. Looking forward to tomorrow morning.

·
2022 , ID.4 Pro S AWD
102 Posts
A sales manager from South Bay VW called this afternoon and said my car was at the dealership and I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 10:00AM to pick it up. Just to confirm, mine is a Moonstone Gray RWD Pro w/Gradient package. 30-1 Arrived in Port on 11/6. 30-2 11/8. VW email 11/9. 30-3 11/10. Looking forward to tomorrow morning.
Was your offloaded from vessel 302 on 10/26?

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S AWD, ordered 12/1/20, locked 6/23, no VIN
7 Posts
Status change to 20-2 on the same day that SFL Conductor left Emden. It's heading to Halifax now, hopefully to Houston afterwards. Is there a way to see all the stops a boat will make? VesselWatch and MarineTraffic just show the next destination.

·
87 Posts
Status change to 20-2 on the same day that SFL Conductor left Emden. It's heading to Halifax now, hopefully to Houston afterwards. Is there a way to see all the stops a boat will make? VesselWatch and MarineTraffic just show the next destination.
Don’t be surprised if it’s on an earlier ship, both cars I have followed turned 20-2 12 to14 days after the ship they were on left port. Your dealer should be able to give you that date and a vessel number.

·
40 Posts
I got my RWD Moonstone Gray Gradient ID4 yesterday! Hat's Off to South Bay VW - no shenanigans and excellent service. Went directly from 30-3 to 50 yesterday. About a 3 month wait. I am in San Diego.
Azure Font Automotive lighting Screenshot Vehicle

Reserved on 8/26
Locked on 9/2
15-2 on 9/17 Vehicle in production
20-1 on 9/28 Production complete, VIN assigned
20-2 on 10/8 Left the port
30-1 on 11/6 Arrived in port but not unloaded yet
30-2 on 11/8 Unloaded from ship, not cleared customs yet
30-3 on 11/10 Cleared customs, waiting to load on transporter
50 Arriving at dealer on 11/20.
Got the keys on 11/20.

1781 - 1800 of 1871 Posts