Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1801 - 1820 of 1871 Posts

·
49 Posts
I'm happy for you but confused as to how mine hasn't been delivered when it was offloaded in Benicia on 10/26...
RWD or AWD? It sure seems that no AWDs are being delivered.

I'm curious if anyone who has ordered an AWD has seen their status move to 30-3. I've been stuck there for almost a month

Edit:stuck at 30-2, not 30-3

·
2021 ID.4 AWD Pro S w/Gradient - Moonstone Grey
31 Posts
Ours arrived in the U.S. over a week ago and hasn't budged from 30-2.

·
11 Posts
My dealer text me to say they saw a status of "Held" for my AWD and no longer had an ETA. This was on the same day the ship was arriving in Houston. However, once the status updated from 20-2 to 30-1 it also updated in their system. It no longer says hold and they have an updated delivery estimate of 12/18 to 12/23.

My status moved to 30-2 the next day and I'm patiently waiting (with everyone else) for the status to change to 30-3 or 35-x!

·
24 Posts
My dealer text me to say they saw a status of "Held" for my AWD and no longer had an ETA. This was on the same day the ship was arriving in Houston. However, once the status updated from 20-2 to 30-1 it also updated in their system. It no longer says hold and they have an updated delivery estimate of 12/18 to 12/23.

My status moved to 30-2 the next day and I'm patiently waiting (with everyone else) for the status to change to 30-3 or 35-x!
When did yours arrive in Houston?

·
11 Posts
When did yours arrive in Houston?
11/16, one of 185 ID4's Siem Plato delivered to Houston that day. According to VW's Logistics guide the port processing and rail transit time is 24-30 days. I won't start worrying about missing the dealer estimated 12/23 delivery unless the status hasn't updated again by next Monday.

·
10 Posts
I went to 20-2 a month and a half ago. Dealership tells me they no longer show an ETA.

Ordered AWD in October of 2020, Locked March of 21.
Me two! Only mine has been at 20-2 for 53 friggin days now. There has to be a chip shortage for the AWD models that has them sitting in a yard in Germany at this point. This is beyond disgusting that they won't tell us what is going on. I am going to reserve a lightning later this week and tell VW to shove it up their collective arses.

·
42 Posts
Me two! Only mine has been at 20-2 for 53 friggin days now. There has to be a chip shortage for the AWD models that has them sitting in a yard in Germany at this point. This is beyond disgusting that they won't tell us what is going on. I am going to reserve a lightning later this week and tell VW to shove it up their collective arses.
Based on a friend's experience ordering a Mach-E, I wouldn't expect any better communication or adherence to delivery time lines from Ford. His was 5 months behind schedule with essentially zero explanation until the last two months - at which point they conceded it was sitting awaiting a chip. Hopefully, you'll have better luck with a Lightning order - but I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
993 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: johnwelch62

·
13 Posts
Based on a friend's experience ordering a Mach-E, I wouldn't expect any better communication or adherence to delivery time lines from Ford. His was 5 months behind schedule with essentially zero explanation until the last two months - at which point they conceded it was sitting awaiting a chip. Hopefully, you'll have better luck with a Lightning order - but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Yes this is the new world of buying a vehicle. Expect to wait months if not years for a newer model once ordered. Hoping the manufacturers improve their game on communicating with customers as time passes and this becomes the new normal.

·
10 Posts
My dealer just told me that my AWD is being released to the carrier. It was delivered to the port on 10/25 (Jacksonville) and has been stuck on 30-2 since then. Maybe the logjam is finally breaking.
Oooooohhhh… exciting to hear. Next time you talk to your dealer would be good to know what the specific issue was holding up only the AWD models

·
11 Posts
My AWD arrived at port on 10/25, arrived to dealer 11/23, and I picked it up this morning. Pro S Gradient. Very nice drive in Sport mode. Stereo just okay. Overall very pleased.
Great news! Any insight as to what the hold-up was? Can you check what version of the software is installed?

Trying to understand if port processing is simply that slow or if the "Hold" rumours are true and if they're doing something to the AWDs in port before the cars can clear customs.

·
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S w/ Gradient Package - Reserved 3/11/21 - Locked in 8/26/21
25 Posts
My AWD arrived at port on 10/25, arrived to dealer 11/23, and I picked it up this morning. Pro S Gradient. Very nice drive in Sport mode. Stereo just okay. Overall very pleased.
I received my ID.4 today as well. (Went 03 on 10/31; 20-1 on 11/01; 30-1 on 11/17; and 50 today from China! Received an email at each step.)

Hey Volkswagen...this is how you communicate and deliver! (Stuck at 20-1 since 11/16; email 11/18.)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

1801 - 1820 of 1871 Posts